babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Vestel Service
This is just a word of advice for people thinking about buying white goods from Vestel. we bought a lovely fridge freezer from them just over two years ago, it was the only model that fitted our requirements and so we bought it and it has been fine, then a couple of weeks ago it started to ice up at the back of the fridge compartment, the next thing its totally defrosted and will not work.

I got a friend to ring Vestel for me, (my Turkish is no good over the phone) and they said they were in my area and would be out that day or the next, they eventually turned up 3 days later and took one look at it and said it needs a new motor and it would be 'sometime next week' (we had explained the problem over the phone so I had hoped that they would bring the bits that might be causing the problem to enable it to be fixed there and then)

so the next week came and went so yesterday got my friend to ring again and was told that it can take up to 30 working days for a part to be received and then they will make an appointment with me to come and fit it. my friend was very surprised at this and asked how I should manage without a fridge for getting on for 6 weeks and they just said 'well at least its not summer' ............very helpful...not

so now my 'fridge' is a cool bag on the dining room table, luckily i also have a separate freezer so can cool down ice packs.

I will be lucky to have it fixed by Christmas at this rate

............you have been warned!!!

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Vestel Service
In future use Arcelik or Beko as posted elsewhere on the forum.
Guarantees are pretty much worthless in Turkey.

butt007

Warren
Vestel Service
Well, I have to say we have a large Vestel flat screen TV on the wall, we have had it for 2 1/2 years and twice it has had something go wrong, but......they came the same day and fixed it, one of the times after a power surge it went off after a big blue flash..... took it away and returned with it the next day and all done under guarantee, so, no problems.
We also have a Profilo fridge freezer that went off after a power surge, they came and took off the electronic control panel on the top front, returned the next day with a new panel, again done under guarantee.
So maybe it's just where you live is maybe the problem, but even so that should'nt happen.
Will they perhaps get you a fridge on loan?
Warren

ChrisBobs

Vestel Service
My last fridge - Arcelik- had the same problem, and it took 3 weeks for the motor to come from Denizli, i,t was early summer so we bought a bar fridge to get by with.
So it would seem to be the nature of the problem...but 6 weeks is tooo long!
Babsgood - there is a general customer number for Turkey on their website - try calling that to complain?
Did you have one of these registered service guys come?
www.vestel.com.tr
Good luck
Chris

hijo

in my own clique
Vestel Service
..we have had acelik and beko stuff for 5 years now ,,absolutley no problems ( with the exception of my sister in law..puting soap powder in were the salts meant to go) in the diswasher ,we did call out acelik but they wanted 95 lira for repair(as it was our fault under the guarantee) i did,nt pay..i just took the machine outside and flushed it through with cold water, not its like new again,but at our appartment we have a vestel diswasher ..it has broken down 3 times in 2 years..and every time they have to take it away for a few days..a right pain..usually the thermostat goes..:couch2:

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Vestel Service
Hi All, we had a registered guy from Vestel service as luckily the fridge in under guarantee, I am going to see how long they take and then consider a complaint, what did worry me was the first time we rang to organise someone to come out they were in Turgutreis attending 13 call out doesn't say much for Vestel reliability as we are a small town with only the winter population in situ!!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Vestel Service
we have a reasonably expensive whirlpol freezer bought at costco, it went faulty after 12 months and one week, now not under warranty i was offered a 12 month warranty for £160 it was cheaper than a new freezer and included the repair, it took 2 weeks to get an engineer out he diagnosed the fault (it was only gong down to -7c) 10 days later another engineer came and fitted the part. 2 weeks later the same fault occurred, i insisted they brought parts with them, which they did about 2 weeks later, the engineer fitted replacement parts and said it may go faulty again as he thought the real fault was a part he didnt have !
touch wood 6 weeks later still ok.
apparrently their is a european directive that states all goods should have a minimum 2 year guarantee in euro zone, but not in the uk for some reason.

good luck

martin

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Vestel Service
well would you believe it, just had a knock at the door and there is the Vestel repair man with new motor in hand!!! Just shows people power works, as yesterday my friend pushed and pushed them to get it sorted and lo and behold it worked.

off out now to get beer to put in it.........lol

hijo

in my own clique
Vestel Service
..maybe the managment are members on TLF,and seen these posts ..and thought they better get their finger out ..:15:..bad feed back and all that...lol

Last edited:

matty

Vestel Service
I have been waiting over a week!..for a new wheel, for my Vestel Targa 2000Vacuum cleaner
It is still under guarantee!..But told that the wheels are NOT guaranteed!!!!!:hmm:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom