Fuzzy

fuzzy
Vertical Blinds/ Carpenter ?
Can anybody recommend a good company in Yalikavak that fits vertical blinds ?? or can you only get horizontal blinds like venetian/ wood etc. ??

l'm also looking for a reliable carpenter who preferably speaks some English to make cupboards and wardrobes for our apartment ????
Thanks for any tips ..Fuzzy

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Can anybody recommend a good company in Yalikavak that fits vertical blinds ?? or can you only get horizontal blinds like venetian/ wood etc. ??

l'm also looking for a reliable carpenter who preferably speaks some English to make cupboards and wardrobes for our apartment ????
Thanks for any tips ..Fuzzy

Have sent you a PM.

We know an Excellent Carpenter, who has done many jobs for us - Our Pergola, a fitted cupboard for our oven to sit in and a utility cupboard that is the height & width of our whole hallway. He also fitted a new Kitchen for my Sister -In-Law. His work is second to none, I would not personally use any other carpenter. He does not speak much English, but perhaps you have a Turkish friend that could help you. I have tried to get his number for you but unfortunately he has changed it. If you drive past Migros (heading from Garanti) Just past the new pet & garden shop on the left there is a left turn (fork in the road) take this turn and his workshop is 20 yards on the right handside. His name is Mevlüt. I highly recommend him. He is reasonably priced and is a true craftsman.

Last edited:

Sara-666

With regards to the vertical blinds, I couldn't find any that suited 4 years ago and bought off e-bay and had made to measure and shipped here for a third of the price that I found locally (to Ortakent) and the exact ones I wanted. Things may have changed in the last couple of years though so good luck.

Sara

Fuzzy

fuzzy
We know an Excellent Carpenter, who has done many jobs for us - Our Pergola, a fitted cupboard for our oven to sit in and a utility cupboard that is the height & width of our whole hallway. He also fitted a new Kitchen for my Sister -In-Law. His work is second to none, I would not personally use any other carpenter. He does not speak much English, but perhaps you have a Turkish friend that could help you. I have tried to get his number for you but unfortunately he has changed it. If you drive past Migros (heading from Garanti) Just past the new pet & garden shop on the left there is a left turn (fork in the road) take this turn and his workshop is 20 yards on the right handside. His name is Mevlüt. I highly recommend him. He is reasonably priced and is a true craftsman.
Thanks Yali-chick !! Sounds good, great to have recommendations like that. We must meet up sometime ....No ideas with the vertical blinds then ? Fuzzy

Fuzzy

fuzzy
With regards to the vertical blinds, I couldn't find any that suited 4 years ago and bought off e-bay and had made to measure and shipped here for a third of the price that I found locally (to Ortakent) and the exact ones I wanted. Things may have changed in the last couple of years though so good luck.

Sara
Thank you.. we don't live in the UK tho, but like you say maybe things have changed a little by now, it seems to get easier each year that we go so we'll keep our fingers crossed !! Fiuzzy

You're welcome, If I drive past over the next few days I will pop in and get his new number and PM it to you.
Sorry don't know anywhere that does vertical blinds, there used to be an excellent shop by the Bus Station, we got our made to measure blinds from there but it closed down last year unfortunately. If I see anywhere I'll let you know.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Fuzzy

We used a carpenter friend of Boras from Sandima bar, he made us wardrobes chests of drawers and huge hallway cupboard, first class work, his english isnt great, I just gave him the drawings of what we wanted and Bora translated down to material type colour etc, his name is Ibrahim "Ibbo"

Martin

Fuzzy

fuzzy
Fuzzy

We used a carpenter friend of Boras from Sandima bar, he made us wardrobes chests of drawers and huge hallway cupboard, first class work, his english isnt great, I just gave him the drawings of what we wanted and Bora translated down to material type colour etc, his name is Ibrahim "Ibbo"

Martin
Thanks Martin,l'll ask Bora when we get there, but also had lots of good suggestions on here....spoilt for choice !!! Fuzzy

GillD

Hi there. We have vertical blinds all through the house. We got them from Mert Perde in Konacik. You can choose your material and they have quite a good choice of colours. They will come and measure up and fit the blinds and we thought they were very reasonably priced. I know you can also buy them from Koctas, but the choice of size and colour is very limited. Can't remember exactly which block of shops Mert is on, but I'm going into Konacik tomorrow so I'll take note and message you back.

We used a company called Linens? (opposite the large shopping centre on the way into Bodrum on the RHS. They come out design and fit.
Gerish Pete.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
blinds004.jpg

We had these horizontal adjustable blinds fitted which cope better with the draughts and can also be pulled up out of the reach of kids or animals.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom