IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Van Delivery between UK and Turkey
To be honest it seems a bit risky taking other people's goods across borders these days. You can never be sure if something is hidden inside it.

oldfogy

Just passing through
I would suggest asking on one of the Facebook sites of either Akbuk, Altinkum or wherever you need as not so long ago there was plenty of activity on the subject.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
There was a guy discussed on a Facebook site, who wasn’t delivering/collecting as promised, stuff going missing etc all blamed on the Turkish driver.
I’m no longer a member of that forum nor can I remember the name of it, one of the names he used was Jim, I would always be wary.

Martin

shash

shash
There is a transport company that does regular trips back and forth to Britain and Turkey but unfortunately I can't find their name. But it's possible REDDERS knows of them as a lot of people seem to use them . If I find it I'll post it.

jandj

Edited....OOOPS read the post wrongly. Sorry, but thought the following info might be of use.

We have. We used Abels, based in the UK. They sent their Turkish associates to collect our belongings from Foca. They packed everything and were superb. The goods were driven to Istanbul, put into a container and shipped to the UK. The UK team collected our container from (I think) Harwich and arranged a convenient date for us to receive our full house of furniture. I swear to you not one item was damaged

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Edited....OOOPS read the post wrongly. Sorry, but thought the following info might be of use.

We have. We used Abels, based in the UK. They sent their Turkish associates to collect our belongings from Foca. They packed everything and were superb. The goods were driven to Istanbul, put into a container and shipped to the UK. The UK team collected our container from (I think) Harwich and arranged a convenient date for us to receive our full house of furniture. I swear to you not one item was damaged

Do they also do Uk to Turkey? It seems logical that they should.

jandj

Yes, its the same, but in reverse. We were really impressed with them, especially the Turkish guys.

oldfogy

Just passing through
Yes, its the same, but in reverse. We were really impressed with them, especially the Turkish guys.
What sort of cost did they charge please.

I have what could be just a medium to large (but not to large) van load.

jandj

I had to look through bank statements, and eventually found it. We initially paid a deposit of £566 plus a final bill of £2134.50 equates to a total of £2700. This covered initial pick up from Foca, transport to Istanbul, container ship to Harwich and delivery to Chippenham. We were told that our boxes and bits made up a part load for a container. All in all we shipped 76 boxes/furntiture/TV/garden bits and pieces and a large BBQ.
Website is www.abels.co.uk

Top Bottom