zrekay

Valley car hire.
Just returned from 17 days in Yali. Had great time food and weather excellent.
Before we left we took advice from TLF members and booked car with Ekram. We booked the car for 6 days with gap in middle then 6 days at end.
When we arrived at airport we were greeted by Valley rep with note saying car problem and the rep said he would transfer us to our home and we would get car in morning.
Suprise suprise next day came no car! sent text and got reply possiby thurs. when thursday arrived no car, phone call or message.
We discussed the problem with friends on our site and they had similar story.
I am not a car hire firm putting down valley.
We will not be using valley ever again,which is a shame as we come out 4/5 times a year and would have been a loyal customer.We had to pay top price as peak season with alt.firm as had not pre booked with them.
Yet again you live and learn in Turkey.

tjd

Valley car hire.
Wow - I used Ekrem at Valley for a few years and never had a problem with him. I think you're the second person recently to post on here that you have had issues. I'm due out again next month and you are seriously making me think again about using Valley. Vacation time is too short to have to sort out problems!

red

Valley car hire.
I hope you didn't arrive on the 23rd July as our nieghbour overslept and missed his flight - so of course he was late back with his (valley) car too.

Valley car hire.
Just returned from 17 days in Yali. Had great time food and weather excellent.
Before we left we took advice from TLF members and booked car with Ekram. We booked the car for 6 days with gap in middle then 6 days at end.
When we arrived at airport we were greeted by Valley rep with note saying car problem and the rep said he would transfer us to our home and we would get car in morning.
Suprise suprise next day came no car! sent text and got reply possiby thurs. when thursday arrived no car, phone call or message.
We discussed the problem with friends on our site and they had similar story.
I am not a car hire firm putting down valley.
We will not be using valley ever again,which is a shame as we come out 4/5 times a year and would have been a loyal customer.We had to pay top price as peak season with alt.firm as had not pre booked with them.
Yet again you live and learn in Turkey.

Sorry to hear about your problem.......but I HIGHLY RECOMMENDED....Akustik Travel/Yachting.Ozlem and Tolga Toprak on 009(0)5324347285 / 009(0)2523138964 or info@travelbodrum.com.I have used them for over 4 years and have never had a problem..........Good Luck

Last edited:

mikey

Valley car hire.
hi also had same problem, had arranged car for last few days of holiday, the morning we were supposed to pick up car got a phone call saying they had no car, we had booked well in advance, we went to the office to complain, he became quiet angry with my wife obvisouly did like a woman giving him a hard time, in the end told us to leave will never use again

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Valley car hire.
Have to say I'm quite surprised and disappointed at those stories.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Valley Car.

But again, like the property buying process, we all have good and bad to tell and you definitely cannot generalise.

It's important to know these things though so you can make informed decisions - it's our hard earned money after all!

C

mikey

Valley car hire.
hi john,we used proper car for years, valley was cheaper, but as we all know cheaper is not always better, a lesson learnt, also i have had good reports about boomerang in yali cheers michael

mollag

Kipper restorer
Valley car hire.
Guys on our site used boomerang, booked well ahead but on the day---so sorry no cars left maybe day after tomorrow! They also wouldnt deliver or pick up, friends had to dolmus to Yali and back.

Valley car hire.
hi just got back from 6 weeks in yali, a loyal customer of 5 years with valley cars coming over around 5-6 times a year ,along with many other people i know he didnt have a car for any of us we booked well in advance his excuse was aug is very busy well my next visit is oct when he will be quiet and i will be using bodrum blue cars who delivered to my doorstep and it was no trouble if i only wanted the car a couple of times a week they even pick up from the house and i had PETROL in it

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Valley car hire.
hi john,we used proper car for years, valley was cheaper, but as we all know cheaper is not always better, a lesson learnt, also i have had good reports about boomerang in yali cheers michael

We used Boomerang in July for the first time, excellent service the driver drove us to the Office in Yalikavak and have to say, apart from being in a car with my husband, who is a very careful driver, he was excellent and we told the owner about our experience. I read so many posts where people are terrified of their hire car driver, over/under taking etc; but he was so careful on both our incoming and outgoing journey. So, I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

shacko

Valley car hire.
Hi all sorry to hear about your problems with Valley, very suprised as we have come back after spending 3 weeks in Yali august 9th till 30th and hired a car from valley. We had it for 1 day to get us from the airport to our apartment, then 5 days in the middle of the holiday and 5 at the end. The car was picked up and dropped of at our appartment and the airport without any problems at all and it had at least 100km of fuel in each time.
We have used Valley about 6 times now and have just booked again for october and never had a problem with them.

David

Gail

Valley car hire.
I think the problem with these companies is their customer base gets bigger but the amount of cars doesn't and instead of being truthful and saying there are no available cars they 'think' they may get a cancellation and be able to provide a car! Not a good way to run a business as you are only as good as your last meal!!!!

Last edited:

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Valley car hire.
I think the problem with these companies is their customer base gets bigger but the amount of cars doesn't and instead of being truthful and saying there are no available cars they 'think' they may get a cancellation and be able to provide a car! Not a good way to run as you are only as good as your last meal!!!!

Very true statement.

PASH

Valley car hire.
As a long time customer of valley cars i have to say i have never had a problem with them (apart from the 1/4 litre of petrol in it) I think its like a juggling act with the limited amount of vehicles. They are always there when we arrive, drive us to Yali and take us back to the airport on departure - all for a reasonable cost. Worst thing about the service industry, you can never please all of the customers, all of the time!

Gail

Valley car hire.
You're right Pash you can't please all the customers all the time but if you can't supply cars you should be upfront and let the customers know. It's not only in the car hire/transfer business that this happens, I find a lot of companies over here tell you what you want to hear not what they can supply. I'm used to it now and just put it down to living in Turkey but I have the time not to be too bothered, I do feel sorry for the people coming on their holiday and getting broken promises.

PASH

Valley car hire.
I agree totally Gail, communication is always key! I too would be very annoyed if i was let down without an explanation, we all accept that things go wrong. My last visit resulted in us being given a car that had to be parked on a hill to push start it but after a quick phone call, valley had another car brought to us within 15 minutes, i accept we were probably lucky but could not fault the service.

Valley car hire.
Had a small car booked 1st to 17th August with Valley. Ekram met us at the airport and explained apologetically that he only had available a (much larger) Renault Kangoo and would we accept it at the same price as the car booked (at £20/day) Although it was a larger diesel engine it was just as frugal as a smaller petrol engine. Ekram took our mobile number and asked if he could ring us to change the car if the larger one was wanted. We agreed and kept the car for almost 2 weeks before the call came and the replacement car was driven to our house for the exchange - with a half tank of fuel "for our inconvenience"!.............so I cannot really join in with any complaints!

jeff

bayview
Valley car hire.
Ouch! I have been happy to recommend Valley in the past. We have just used them again with no problems. We moved to Valley Cars last year after a bad experience with Proper when they provided us with an unroadworthy car. However, as we can read, many are still very happy with Proper Car and with others. It does sound like Valley have been unable to keep up with demand and instead of turning away business have been muddling through. We always opt for an auto - maybe these are not so popular and so we don't get the problems referred to here. Sadly though it sounds like a bit of a lottery so keep those experiences (good and bad) coming!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom