UTube
Why is it when I go to UTube via a proxy server most videos will not play? ie Susan Boyle Anybody else having trouble?

Last edited:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
UTube
Here's one method, although one of our "Forum Geeks" probably knows a better way.

1. Find the file named “hosts” under windows/system32/drivers/etc/ folder.

**You may have to go to TOOLS > FOLDER OPTIONS > VIEW (tab) and choose "show hidden files and folders" to be able to see the folder

2. Open with "note pad" (not defteri in Turkish)

3 Under "local host" copy and paste this:-

208.117.236.69 youtube.com
208.117.236.70 youtube.com

4 Save and close

Harem

I've cliqued
UTube
I cant get to You tube says not allowed how do you do it Harem????

Hugs Maggie xx

In the address bar at the top, I just type in: www(dot)youtube(dot)com changing (dot) for a .

Last edited by a moderator:

Martyn

UTube
It will be to do with dns and as kkob put it add an entry to your hosts file. When you type in a web url it wants to change that name to an ip address and that is what is not happening because the dns servers both of you are using are different. You could try changing the dns information on your computer or your router. Opendns have a page showing you how to do it. For xp it is here.

https://www.opendns.com/start/device/windows-xp

I've never been blocked or used them but years ago I had a problem with BT dns servers and I used 4.2.2.1 & 4.2.2.2 and they worked fine. Use the link above to put in the addresses i just gave you and it should work ok.

Last edited:

Harem

I've cliqued
UTube
Not even when you click on the original link of YouTube - Broadcast Yourself ? Even that worked for me!!

catweazle

UTube
all you need to do is change or add dns servers in your network properties and add some open DNS server ip`s. try these 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220
you shouldnt need to touch your host file

you might have to alter the setting "detect dns automaticly" to "use these dns addresses"

hope this helps

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
UTube
Yep, done that and can now get UTube without going through a proxy !

Thanks Martyn & catweazle.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom