Sailorgirl

Using Turkcell Vinn Wifi
I have bought a Turkcell Vinn mobile modem and loaded it with 10 gigs of data which can be used for up to 3 months. The problem is I can't work out how to check my data usage. If I connect the Vinn to my laptop it links me to a Turkcell page which asks for a password, but I've no idea what this might be. I've tried going direct to the Turkcell website, but I can't work out how to register as a customer. Any help would be appreciated!

evo80

Using Turkcell Vinn Wifi
What I do is I put the Vinn sim in my turkish mob phone and enter the word kalan and send to 222 . You then get a tex msg back with what is left on your usage .

Yerles

Using Turkcell Vinn Wifi
Do you still have the card that the SIM card came with ? The password you need is on the back of the card. If you can access the Turkcell page that pops up when you connect the Vinn, you can go to statistics and request a msg be sent from Turkcell giving your remaining quota.

Also, if you can log in to the popup page and receive messages, you can access Turkcell's website (you request a sifre/password). On the website you can view your data usage and also buy top ups.

evo80's solution is good, too.

tykatem

Available in sarcastic to
Using Turkcell Vinn Wifi
Hi Sailorgirl and welcome to the forum, now if I remember right, to access the info you need re the data used and settings etc. In your browser window Type 192.168.1.1 in your browser window (whilst your mifi is switched on) this will take you to the login screen type admin and password admin choose English.

Pete

evo80

Using Turkcell Vinn Wifi
I have my password. But find the way I do it is quicker . Thats just in my case and requires no internet at all .Plus as my Turk mob works in Uk I can do same to check from the UK .

Last edited:

johny

Using Turkcell Vinn Wifi
Here is a link to the Turkcell web page where you can check how much data you still have left to use.

TURKCELL

When the web page opens, click on the down arrow at the side of 'Giriş' at the top right corner of the screen.

In the box which says 'GSM Numeraniz', key in the 10 digit phone number (starting with 5...) for the data sim card which is in your VINN Wifi device.

In the box which says 'Turkcell Şıfreniz', key in the password for the data sim card. The way I got an initial password was to take the sim card out of the VINN Wifi device, then put the sim card in a standard Turkish mobile phone. I then sent a text message with the message 'SIFRE' to 2222, then I got a text message back with my new password. You can change the password when you get into the system. There might be another way of getting an initial password, but this method worked for me. (note- when you put the data sim card into the mobile phone, you might be asked for a 4 digit pin code. This is the pin code which would have been written on the plastic card which came with the data sim card).

Once you put the phone number and the initial password into the box on the website, click on the 'GIRIŞ YAP' button, then it will take you to your account. Unfortunately the website is mainly in Turkish, but click on some of the buttons and you will get a gist of what information is there.

All the best. Good luck.

tykatem

Using Turkcell Vinn Wifi
The video below is instructions showing how to connect and set up your Vinn wifi (the video shows a 3 branded modem but its the same a Turkcell) Get past opening of the box etc. No need for texts or removing the sim.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtoVjsobkP0[/ame]

Pete

Sailorgirl

Using Turkcell Vinn Wifi
Thank you so much everyone for your advice. For some reason when I put 192.168.1.1 in no page comes up, so it looks as though I will have to find someone who can lend me a Turkish mobile phone.

evo80

Using Turkcell Vinn Wifi
Thank you so much everyone for your advice. For some reason when I put 192.168.1.1 in no page comes up, so it looks as though I will have to find someone who can lend me a Turkish mobile phone.

Unfortunately sailor girl you could borrow one of my 3 turkish mobiles ,if I was in Turkey .

Ian2006

Using Turkcell Vinn Wifi
Hi Sailorgirl and welcome to the forum, now if I remember right, to access the info you need re the data used and settings etc. In your browser window Type 192.168.1.1 in your browser window (whilst your mifi is switched on) this will take you to the login screen type admin and password admin choose English.

Pete

I have had the mifi for a couple of years and recently told a friend to do exactly the above which always worked for me. I met him on the promenade last week and he told me he was very happy with it but he found by trial and error that he had to type 192.168.0.1 and then it worked but either way if you get to point where it is asking for the username and password it is admin and admin NOT the wifi password.

Sailorgirl

Using Turkcell Vinn Wifi
Thanks Ian, putting the 0.1 at the end worked! On the left hand side of the screen it says 'current data 9.65mb'. Does refer just to the data used in today's session or total data used on my allowance so far?

evo80

Using Turkcell Vinn Wifi
When I check mine by looking at the Vinn screen . it tells me total used . When I do the sim card check in my Turk mob it comes back with what I have left . Its easy to check what you have left in any case by remembering what you topped up with if there was nothing left on it at time of topping up .

Sailorgirl

Using Turkcell Vinn Wifi
Thanks Evo80. I just realised I have been looking at the wrong page, I clicked on statistics and it's all there.

evo80

Using Turkcell Vinn Wifi
It is a bit of a strange system . to tell you total used on Vinn screen instead of what's left . Even the Girl Turkcell rep I bought mine from knew nothing about it .

sears21

Using Turkcell Vinn Wifi
Do you still have the card that the SIM card came with ? The password you need is on the back of the card. If you can access the Turkcell page that pops up when you connect the Vinn, you can go to statistics and request a msg be sent from Turkcell giving your remaining quota.

Also, if you can log in to the popup page and receive messages, you can access Turkcell's website (you request a sifre/password). On the website you can view your data usage and also buy top ups.

evo80's solution is good, too.

Has anybody been able to 'topup' their Turkcell usage online?
I have tried many times with a UK credit or debit card - it says purchase complete but never actually tops up or takes the money!
I have to make the journey to a larger Turkcell shop to topup......

evo80

Using Turkcell Vinn Wifi
You dont need to go to any turkcell to top up . any little shop that tops up mobiles can do same for Turkcell Vinn . you just show them the number ( top up num ) and say internet top up and they can do it .I top up mine at the local corner shop that sells bread .

Using Turkcell Vinn Wifi
I have bought a Turkcell Vinn mobile modem and loaded it with 10 gigs of data which can be used for up to 3 months. The problem is I can't work out how to check my data usage. If I connect the Vinn to my laptop it links me to a Turkcell page which asks for a password, but I've no idea what this might be. I've tried going direct to the Turkcell website, but I can't work out how to register as a customer. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi sailorsgirl
After looking around this may be the best way for me to get internet.
Do you have the link of the product ,and what the cost was please.

I take it you bought it from turkcell shop ,did you have to take passport etc ?
What do you use it for email and basics etc .....does it stream ok or to slow .

Thanks in advance
For anybody else and there advice ....I have a unlocked huwaei mifi modem it works multiple devices .
I have read you can't just use it you have to register it then pay the ( 160 YTL ?)
so I am thinking to save agro just to buy one and sell my other .

Dave

tykatem

Using Turkcell Vinn Wifi
Hi sailorsgirl
After looking around this may be the best way for me to get internet.
Do you have the link of the product ,and what the cost was please.Dave

Try the following link.

Google Translate

I take it you bought it from turkcell shop ,did you have to take passport etc ?
What do you use it for email and basics etc .....does it stream ok or to slow .

Obtainable from all the larger Turkcell shops and yes you have to show your passport.
According to the signal where you are, it operates speedily and can accommodate up to 10 users.
Top ups cost 39TL for 4GB this lasts for a month or 10GB for 79TL which lasts up to 3 months (These 2014 prices)

Pete

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom