Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Useful PC utilities
I use Avast, and every week I also do a disc de- frag and disc clean-up, get rid of all my temporary files, cookies etc too. Avast is for me brilliant and does a daily scan and update.

nwclio

Useful PC utilities
Tuneup Utilities 2009 is a very good program. Its cleans and optimises your system and also defrags your registry and several other things you will find handy in one package.

Useful PC utilities
Avast & Ccleaner will do the trick & keep your system safe.
avast is free to download but 50 odd days time limited, reg key is available if you know where to look!

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Useful PC utilities
PLEASE ....Do not use one called Ekay antivirus .. my friend in Alanya has been all day trying to get his laptop to work properly , Because it IS a virus that pretends to be antivirus
He can't open the browser properly and he says the virus is really bad He's tried all the things mentioned , but can't get rid of it , I expect he'll have to get it all re,instaled and loose all his files and he's a graphic designer !!!!........Diane

Last edited:

Gamuret

Useful PC utilities
I use Avanquest Fix-It 10 Utilities Professional. It is extremely comprehensive and reasonably priced.

It is not always a good idea to download "freebies" as they can frequently themselves contain a virus. Somebody I know of in Alanya recently did just this and now he is finding it all but impossible to remove it from his system

Only recently my software discovered no less than 7 Trojans that had been lurking on my system from somewhere or other (I couldn't understand the gobblydegook) but presumably from earlier software that I had used.

It can be downloaded direct but I usually pay a little extra for a back up dvd in case I make a complete hash of things. Computers and their systems are not my best points .

billmac

Useful PC utilities
hi try adaware (free) spybot (free) IObit security (free) and advanced system care (free) search google and it will give you the relevant websites, you can pay for the advanced version of each but just go for the free ones they work just as well but don't have all the bells and whistles on.

traveller

Useful PC utilities
I use AVG Free anti-virus, Zonelabs Zonealarm free firewall, Ashampoo - WinOptimiser suite free version to clean out unnecessary stuff, cleans the registry as well. All can be downloaded via PC tools or similar sites.

Duke

Useful PC utilities
Use Glary Registry Repair Ive been usig it over a year now very good & its free... Best Untilities can be found on PC-Utilities.com I subscribe to their magazine & its a wonderful read with free DVD with ALL the relevant free programs Ive been a subscriber from issue 1 & its now Issue 122!!!!!!
Duke

beldibi

Useful PC utilities
Threatfire is a good free preventive tool. The IObit 360 suite is also a good diagnostic and repair utility. Widows LiveOneCare is also worth running every month, it is a free Windows online scanner and repair tool, also it does not check your version of windows.
Gibson Research Centre have some good online scanning tools.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom