clare1

Clare
Useful Health Information
Hello Everyone

I want to share some information that was e-mailed to me today. I hope that it may be useful to someone at sometime.......

Valuable Piece of information

Let's say it's 6.15p m and you're going home (alone of course), after an unusually hard day on the job.

You're really tired, upset and frustrated.

Suddenly you start experiencing severe pain in your chest that starts to adiate out into your arm and up into your jaw. You are only about five miles from the hospital nearest your home. Unfortunately you don't know if you'll be able to make it that far. You have been trained in CPR, but the guy that taught the course did not tell you how to perform it on yourself.

HOW TO SURVIVE A HEART ATTACK WHEN ALONE

Since many people are alone when they suffer a heart attack, without help,the person whose heart is beating improperly and who begins to feel faint, has only about 10 seconds left before losing consciousness.

However,these victims can help themselves by coughing repeatedly and very vigorously. A deep breath should be taken before each cough, and the cough must be deep and prolonged, as when producing sputum from deep inside the chest. A breath and a cough must be repeated about every two seconds without let-up until help arrives, or until the heart is felt to be beating normally again. Deep breaths get oxygen into the lungs and coughing movements squeeze the heart and keep the blood circulating. The squeezing pressure on the heart also helps it regain normal rhythm. In this way, heart
attack victims can get to a hospital. Tell as many other people as possible about this. It could save their lives!!

A cardiologist says If everyone who gets this mail sends it to 10 people, you can bet that we'll save at least one life.

Rather sending jokes pls contribute by forwarding this mail which can save a person's life....

clare1

Clare
Hello Martyn

You know what - I can not believe it!! I have just read the link you added and was so shocked to see that it is a hoax - my husband sufferred 3 heart attacks within 3 months earlier this year and when I read this I though that may help other people if they were to have any signs......

I can not believe some people........... I hope the person who started this hoax does not go through what my husband did!!

Thanks anyway.

Martyn

Hi Clare, anything like that will almost certainly be a hoax. Sorry to hear about your husband and hope he is on the mend. You meant well with your post so it is credit to you.

juco

To keep this sort of on topic.
It is important to realise that many people do not have the `hollywood` symptoms of a heart attack, and the symptoms can in many cases be very slight. I know of a few people who have had heart attacks and although with hindsight they had symptoms for several weeks did not realise at the time...until the big event! (myself included)

I had for several weeks the slightest of pains in middle of chest (on a scale of 1 to 10 it was -1) yes it was that vague, however it was only after doing something a bit more energetic that I felt this.

Also when driving a few times I got a very slight pain on the back of the arms, to call it a pain is exaggerating and I thought it was becasue of straining or holding my arms in a driving position for too long. It disappeared after a few minutes.

Even when I had my heart attack I thought it was indigestion and agin not severe, I had a coffee a painkiller and went back to bed and out too work the next day.

Previously looking for a couple of days off work I went to the doc a few weeks before this because I was a bit more tired than normal, he took blood pressure etc and sent me home as being fit & healthy.

Although I was generally ok something in my body was saying otherwise despite the doc saying the opposite.

Listen to your body and don`t always expect `hollywood` drama heart attacks they can be much more subtle but just as deadly. Any hospital in the UK will check you over if you have the slightest inkling of having taken one, and they will not be annoyed if you haven`t, so don`t put it off, you may only get one chance....SO TAKE IT!

Chalky

Good post Juco. I had only vague discomfort in my chest (felt a bit like someone was expanding a small balloon inside) when I over-exerted myself. I ended up with a quadruple heart bypass and had I not had it checked out in hospital, the doctor told me it was a massive heart attack just waiting to happen!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom