ocicat

Urgent Lawyer/Solicitor English Speaking needed
Hi everyone,
Your help is going to be invalueable, we are in need of legal representation in the Alanya area, so would like if possible some personal recommendations of who to use. I have posted this in the legal helpdesk as well, as we seem to have a major problem. You can check out the extent by reading my post there. Thanks to everyone in advance for any help & advice recieved.

johnfella

Hi Ocicat
Sorry I am not familiar with your area . Hopefully someone will come to your rescue .
John

ocicat

Thanks to all who have PM'nd me so far

But good news I now have use of an official Translator so I am happy to recieve recommendations of any solicitor that someone has personally used for whatever reason, and can recommend, even if they can only communicate in Turkish.

Thanks

johnfella

Hello Ocicat
If you try the British Embassy web site for Turkey , they give links to Lawyers in your area , it's a long time since I was in it and not sure of the link .

ocicat

Thanks johnfella,
But have read through loads of different posts on the legal helpdesk and apparently they don't actually recommend these solicitors it's just a list of lawyers they know of (bit like picking one out of the yellow pages) so I really am looking for personnal recommendations in the Alanya region. But if there hadn't been so many negatives about using the list it was a very thoughtful suggestion Thanks again.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
go onto the Alanya forum and see if there are any lawyers being recommended.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
The official translator that you're intouch with will no doubt have worked with solicitors in the past and should be able to recommend one to you.

ocicat

He has,
but I would still like personnal recommendations, so can compare prices, timescales, services they offer etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guz1

You're right, Ocicat, to check as much as you can before parting with any more money. While you're looking for a decent lawyer, I suggest that you report your current lawyer to the Turkish Bar Association and ask them how two of their members have left you in your current situation.

ocicat

As tempting as that sounds, I am still trying to get hold of my Tapu after almost 5 years, only finding out in the last few days (by our sworn translator), that it is being used as collateral for a loan and is in the bank. So I can't afford to rock the boat and possibly find no solicitor will touch us. But when I finally do get it it will be a very different matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill & Linda

Senior Members
As tempting as that sounds, I am still trying to get hold of my Tapu after almost 5 years, only finding out in the last few days (by our sworn translator), that it is being used as collateral for a loan and is in the bank. So I can't afford to rock the boat and possibly find no solicitor will touch us. But when I finally do get it it will be a very different matter.

Oh this is all so familiar,try not to get too stressed (i know this is easier said than done) i think you will find it is just down to cash,how much to get the tapu? lets hope it will all be resolved quickly.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom