zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Upstairs, Downstairs..
very random thread...

but did any of you ever watch this series? i have started to watch it and think its brilliant! absolutly amazing! feeling to go buy the dvd box set... watched the episode called "i dies from love" today... so sad and real.... im really fond of period films/ dramas! love it!
:bounce:

225px-Upstairs_Downstairs.png

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
Upstairs, Downstairs..
Oh yes, I did watch that series and I loved it, as I love all British series in that genre..... maybe it is a good idea to buy them on DVD again, my mum used to love them too so we might watch them again......

What is the episode "I die from love" about ?

zuberdust

Upstairs, Downstairs..
Oh yes, I did watch that series and I loved it, as I love all British series in that genre..... maybe it is a good idea to buy them on DVD again, my mum used to love them too so we might watch them again......

What is the episode "I die from love" about ?

hiya! yes i really like period British programmes too! and the dvd versions will all be colour and digitally restored! ... its about a young Irish kitchen maid called Emily who falls in love with a footman in a higher rank with another employer. their relationship is doomed from the start.. throughout the episode they use the Irish song 'the butcher boy' to narrate the episode and its actually really sad and effective and relevant when she is found hanged due to depression... in series one... i think it was deemed one of the best episodes in the entire series!

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Upstairs, Downstairs..
Yes i loved that series, two sides of the coin. Yeah would be lovely to watch again.

Harem

I've cliqued
Upstairs, Downstairs..
Now you have stirred up some memories!!! Yes, I would love to watch it again. I do remember that episode - very, very sad.

zuberdust

Upstairs, Downstairs..
Now you have stirred up some memories!!! Yes, I would love to watch it again. I do remember that episode - very, very sad.

yes indeed! i tend to not get so emotionally indulgent in programs but that one was a tear jerker!

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Upstairs, Downstairs..
Ah upstairs downstairs that really takes me back it invokes such memories of my childhood, I would love to watch it again, simple TV......joy

Tess

Upstairs, Downstairs..
Vaguely remember the stories but remember I loved it, boy, it was defo a while ago and at the time at my age I remember feeling very grown up watching it, bearing in mind years ago when I was at that age we were not so worldly wise as a young person today, my girls laugh at the things I tell them. Thanks for stirring up old memories Zuber.

zuberdust

Upstairs, Downstairs..
Vaguely remember the stories but remember I loved it, boy, it was defo a while ago and at the time at my age I remember feeling very grown up watching it, bearing in mind years ago when I was at that age we were not so worldly wise as a young person today, my girls laugh at the things I tell them. Thanks for stirring up old memories Zuber.

heheheh. yeh amazing show! although i just turned 22 and even i feel like im watching something that im not supposed to! haha... in a sense i have an old mans mind in a young body! i like all the old things and my dvd collection consists of a lot of period film,... things looks much proper in them, the language, the social attitudes etc.... its what i like!....(but am not a snob) :p

Tess

Upstairs, Downstairs..
That's nice Zuber a young man enjoying the older shows, my eldest is 20 next month and somehow I don't think she would watch them. I had to collect her the other day in my lunch hour and I was listening to a debate on Radio Ulster and the minute she jumped in the car she turned the radio over. Wouldn't do her any harm to listen to whats going on in the daytime world LOL!!!!

sandpearse

Bolton Born and Bred
Upstairs, Downstairs..
I used to watch it too with my mum and we both loved it. 'Rose' was my favourite :)

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Upstairs, Downstairs..
If you like Upstairs Downstairs, then there's a couple of others you might like. Try The Duchess of Duke Street and The House of Eliott.

The Duchess of Duke Street was created by John Hawkesworth, the producer of Upstairs, Downstairs and starred Gemma Jones as Louisa Trotter

The House of Eliott was created by Jean Marsh and Eileen Atkins, who devised Upstairs, Downstairs. One of it's stars , Louise Lombard, is in one of the CSI shows currently being shown.

Last edited:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Upstairs, Downstairs..
Hi Zube dude, have look at the original tv series of Brideshead Revisited, got the lot, class conflict, sex, religion, prejudice, homophobia, and the early re positioning of British Aristocracy, away from Old money and influence. The values are very similar to Upstairs Downstairs, but all of the damage is self inflicted....

Regards, good viewing, Steve.

jeanne

Upstairs, Downstairs..
Upstairs downstairs is currently running on either ITV 3 or 4 I can't remember which one:slapme:

DAVIDO

Upstairs, Downstairs..
hi zube .series like that are a rarity now im afraid , brilliant acting ,and the actors fitted the characters perfectly. watch it for half hour and you were totaly absorbed in it.and the storylines seemed so fitting to that time period.ive always found this era in history so fascinating.

davido

zuberdust

Upstairs, Downstairs..
Hi Zube dude, have look at the original tv series of Brideshead Revisited, got the lot, class conflict, sex, religion, prejudice, homophobia, and the early re positioning of British Aristocracy, away from Old money and influence. The values are very similar to Upstairs Downstairs, but all of the damage is self inflicted....

Regards, good viewing, Steve.

yes i always wanted to watch that. no doubt when the new bbc film Brideshead Revisited came out i rushed to watch it with a great cast!. film was amazing! then i bought it!! eheheh..... although at the cinema. i think u was the only under 25 there.... everyone els was like 40s + heeh....

Latest Posts

Top Bottom