Martyn

Updating Tapu
We go out in June and I plan to get our Hab Cert off the builder and update the Kat Mulkiyeti box(Kat Irtifaki is checked) on our Tapu.

A few questions:

1. Is the original Tapu just altered or is a new Tapu issued?
2. If the latter, do we need to get more photos taken?
3. Do both names on the Tapu need to attend?
4. What do we need to take, passports?
4. Is there a cost?
5. Do we just need to go to the Tapu office to get this done?

Thanks

RIK

Updating Tapu
Hi Martyn.Only yesterday I met an old friend from Kemer ( Antalya ) who has just set up a business to do just that.He's Turkish but speaks perfect English.

Ian

panther

Updating Tapu
I've always thought there was a niche in the place for someone solely to help people with direction and information.

Updating Tapu
:angel::hmm:
Sorry Alan typos, I meant honest people which of course excludes them :fish:

Point taken, it is a real problem finding someone honest these days! Some days I wish I'd been a solicitor! An honest one too!

But how do know when someone is honest?
What do you look for in a person to determine whether they are honest or not?

Most people I would imagine would firstly go on looks and appearance! Which I think is a big mistake.
For example, I've even had my customers say that I look Honest!!!!!!! LOL :angel::hmm:

Martyn

Updating Tapu
The problem seems to be Alan that in Turkey the buyer is always the one that cops the problems and anyone else gets involved gets away with it. Example is the undervalue on the Tapus, even if you give POA and are not involved at all you as a buyer cop the trouble.

Guz1

Updating Tapu
Martyn,

This extract from Chapter II of the Condominium Law seems to indicate that you can't go it alone:

No condominium ownership shall be established only on one or several divisions of an
immovable, prior to the main property being put under the regime of condominium
ownership

I hope someone who knows what they're talking about comes up with a definitive answer to your questions. Either way, I wouldn't be confident that Turkish bureaucracy will see you getting it sorted during your holiday unless it's a very long holiday.

Martyn

Updating Tapu
Martyn,

This extract from Chapter II of the Condominium Law seems to indicate that you can't go it alone:

No condominium ownership shall be established only on one or several divisions of an
immovable, prior to the main property being put under the regime of condominium
ownership

I hope someone who knows what they're talking about comes up with a definitive answer to your questions. Either way, I wouldn't be confident that Turkish bureaucracy will see you getting it sorted during your holiday unless it's a very long holiday.
I don't follow Maria, i'm a bit thick. How does that affect me with my original questions? I'm sure the Hab Cert is available from the builder.

Guz1

Updating Tapu
What I meant was that there is a possibility that the main building has to be re-registered, requiring the builder or manager to supply the authorities with documentation applicable to the entire block prior to individual owners having their tapu re-registered. If that's the case you could be stymied if the builder hasn't done his bit. Forgive me if that doesn't make sense because I'm more than a bit thick.

Martyn

Updating Tapu
What I meant was that there is a possibility that the main building has to be re-registered, requiring the builder or manager to supply the authorities with documentation applicable to the entire block prior to individual owners having their tapu re-registered. If that's the case you could be stymied if the builder hasn't done his bit. Forgive me if that doesn't make sense because I'm more than a bit thick.

It all goes over my head Maria. We since I posted that this morning we've decided to do the legal stuff and go through with the sale so i'll let the legal people deal with it.

carolk

R.I.P
Updating Tapu
In todays Voices the headline is 'TAPU TIME BOMB' but I cant get the link as its not on line yet! It makes interesting reading as it says its for all apartment blocks and sites for the holders of 'story easement rights' to get their condominium ownership. Everyone has had 2 years in which to this!!! It also says they don't think they will start fining people 1,000TL in Nov 09 but if people get their documents ready they will be able to this for a small donation - you really have to laugh!! The whole law looks a mess and yes Martyn, you are right its all on the owners.

I have also just read about a guy who tried to update his Tapu and its a right carry on as in - if the builder has registered a site as a whole then everyone has to sign together or, he could have registered it block by block!!.

Sorry I cant post the link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Martyn

Updating Tapu
We go out in June and I plan to get our Hab Cert off the builder and update the Kat Mulkiyeti box(Kat Irtifaki is checked) on our Tapu.

A few questions:

1. Is the original Tapu just altered or is a new Tapu issued?
2. If the latter, do we need to get more photos taken?
3. Do both names on the Tapu need to attend?
4. What do we need to take, passports?
4. Is there a cost?
5. Do we just need to go to the Tapu office to get this done?

Thanks

Going back to my original questions, will someone specifically answer each one directly please? I know there were other points made but these are the ones I need to be answered irrespective if a Hab Cert has been issued. Just assume it has and I'm standing in Altinkum with my Tapu in my left hand and my Hab Cert in my right hand. :p

Thanks

Last edited:

carolk

R.I.P
Updating Tapu
From Voices Sat 25th April 2009

The following file must be compiled for the site.

You have to take, original Tapu, 2 photos of named person/people on Tapu, Dask, passports of person named on Tapu, and tax numbers. This has to be processed through the land registry office, then the tax office then finally the Tapu office for an up-dated Tapu to be issued. The sting in the tail for this process, all owners must sign at the same time.

When I posted earlier on Sat, it wasn't updated on line. It may be now.

Martyn

Updating Tapu
From Voices Sat 25th April 2009

The following file must be compiled for the site.

You have to take, original Tapu, 2 photos of named person/people on Tapu, Dask, passports of person named on Tapu, and tax numbers. This has to be processed through the land registry office, then the tax office then finally the Tapu office for an up-dated Tapu to be issued. The sting in the tail for this process, all owners must sign at the same time.

When I posted earlier on Sat, it wasn't updated on line. It may be now.

Great thanks carol, any idea of the cost involved? And should I do it if I am going through the sales process in June?

carolk

R.I.P
Updating Tapu
Sorry Martyn I don't know the answers to those questions. There is no mention of cost in the article.

I would think, get that out of the way before Nov because the sale will not cause you and your buyer any stress, as you said its straight forward.

Martyn

Updating Tapu
I asked this question to a solicitor regarding an apartment I was looking at and this was his reply;

"Changing the title deed type is an extra cost and I have to consult with governor office, municipality and title deed office. I believe that it will be approximetly1,500.00 .- TL"

As you can see it does not specify whether its per apartment/owner or per block.

Lol to get a tick in a box? Crooks in suits they call them in the uk.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom