Akbuk Rob

Updating MY Tapu
Akbuk Rob’s attempts to upgrade Tapu from KAT İRTİFAKI to KAT MULKİYETİ or face fines of 1000TL per year.

I live in Akbuk permanently so I have more available time to deal such matters than many other British property owners here. I also speak some Turkish which is a help. I know where the relative offices in Didim are located, saves time.

Here is my story …… to date!

May 5th - A trip to Akbuk Belediye to get a copy of my habitation certificate.
Through the doors, up the stairs, turn left, bottom office, hand over my Tapu and say “Iskan istiyorum”. I had a copy within 5 mins, no charge, but I did have to ask for it to be stamped & signed.

Go home, gather & check all the paperwork needed.
Passport, photo’s, tapu, dask, iskan, tax number & cash.

Go and get the lot photocopied (except the cash & photo‘s).
This is important because the places you need to go will require photocopies and will not copy the documents for you, so you could end up queuing for an hour only to be sent away.

May 6th 10am Dolmus to Didim - Time to get some help.
I read in Voices that the association of estate agents will offer help and if your paperwork in complete they will sort it for you for a small donation, but where is this place? Is it this one, that one? Supposed to be across from the Tapu office, after asking a few people I am talking to a young man from said association who tells me I can do this myself and points to the Tapu office.

The Tapu office.
where do I go? Upstairs, downstairs, this counter, that office? After asking in Turkish I am in a queue to see this overworked bombastic bureaucrat. 30 mins later he tells me I have to go downstairs, out the door turn left go into the office below and get a form, I also have to get other paperwork from the tax office.

I go downstairs into the lower office.
After a long corridor I reach an office where one man is in the corner, I show him my paperwork and tell him what I want, he says I have to go upstairs …… hang on, the guy upstairs said I need to be here …… this guys not happy. Another man comes in (Turkish) with Tapu copies etc, he is told to come back tomorrow, please the man said I need to do this today …… big mistake, he got a right telling off from the guy about there being no staff and he is the only one working here and stuff like that, I realised my safest bet here was to plead Turkce az anladim (I understand little Turkish). He relented and gave me a form which is basically name, address and a few details from the Tapu (clearly too complicated for these bureaucrats to fill in, even though its in Turkish.

Now at this point, readers need to know that they are seriously short of senior staff because recently a batch of them were arrested and charged with fraud, corruption & lord knows what. So this is one reason I have chosen to deal with matter now before the busy season starts.

Back to the association of estate agents.
The young man is not there, his colleague phones him and after 5 mins or so he is back. He fills in this form for me, rather sheepishly I thought, is he sure about this or should I do it? He checks all my paperwork and says now I have to go to the tax office, then return to him and we will then START the process, after which I will need to return the next day to sign and receive my new updated Tapu.

The tax office.
Where do I go? This counter, that counter? I speak to a lady (shortly to be refered to as “Lady #2”, “TAPU KAT MULKİYETİ” I say (waving my paperwork). “This man here she says”, I wait to see this man, “No over there he says”. I go over there, wait a few more minutes and see Lady #1, she looks at my paperwork, extracts the photocopies of my Tapu & Iskan ….. Great thinks I …… wrong, its 5 to 12 so she tells me to come back at 1.30.

Walk the streets.
What can I do? I know, go to the garden shop and get some Whitefly spray, it’s a long walk but it’ll kill some time. After 50 mins I am back, feet aching & a bit hungry, I go in a pizza place and choke down a poor quality small margarita for 6.50TL whilst remembering the excellent meal I had in Akbuk the night before for only 8TL.

Back to the tax office.
See Lady #1, she prints out a piece of paper and duplicate, fills in a couple of details, gives them to me and sends me to the afore mentioned Lady #2, she enters the details on her computer, writes a 5 digit number on the paper and tells me I now have to go upstairs, get the deputy manager to sign it and then return to Lady #1 …. I comply. Lady #1 now prints out another piece of paper and duplicate, fills in a few more details and tells me to repeat the process. So its back to Lady #2, details again entered on her computer, another 5 digit number is issued, upstairs to the deputy manager again, signatures and stamp this time, back downstairs, return to Lady #1 (by this time we are good friends and I have met several members of her family who popped into see her), she gives me the stamped piece of paper, keeps the rest and says “BITTI” (finished). There was no charge.

I have to say that although the visit to the tax office was bizarre, it was also a bit of a laugh, the people were nice, friendly and polite, a smile goes a long way.

Now its back to the young man at the association.
He checked the paperwork again and asked me to wait a few mins whilst he checked at the Tapu office. When he returned he said there was a problem. Even though I live in a detached house, the builder had registered 17 villas on my sitesi together back in 2003, so all 17 property owners have to go to the Tapu office together, with all their individual paperwork, pay 500TL each and we can then do it! With the owners living in various parts of Turkey, UK and Germany this ain’t gonna happen and would they all come up with 500TL each? Dream on.

Point:- Why couldn’t the first or second jokers at the Tapu office have told me all 17 had to apply together, they both looked at the Iskan and 17 addresses are listed on it, I had my suspicions this might be the case but at the end of the day it is their job.

So it was back to Akbuk on the dolmus, home at 3pm. All that for 2 pieces of paper that will be useless because they are dated, so nothing achieved apart from getting the Whitefly spray.

RESULT - TURKEY : ONE - AKBUK ROB : NIL :dooh:

To be continued ………………….

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Updating MY Tapu
Great post Rob. Unfortunately there are going to be a hell of a lot of "It aint gonna happen" cases throughout summer.
The government need to get real and realise that for most of us Didim is just a holiday escape!

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Updating MY Tapu
A good write up on your amazing aventure in seeking out the "X" in the right box Rob.
The way the Voice paper has put it,l assume it would be a easy task to upgrade the tapu.But ,reading your post has now made me think twice of what l will be facing in the near future.
Why does the system here make things so complicated.lt only creates so many problems for everyone.Why can't they just review the situation and change the system so it will run smoothly without any of the complications that holds up the work that needs to be done.
l'll never understand this

panther

Updating MY Tapu
Why can't they change the rules and let everyone do their own individually. Fine the ones that don't do.

I wonder if the government realises they made a mistake doing this amendment.

Updating MY Tapu
As said before,it affects the whole of Turkey,not just UK owners.Imagine the chaos in July and August when Turkish holiday home owners go to get their tapus sorted.
I think we are going to see a lot of frustrated,confused people trying to weave their way through, what is proving to be complicated for the staff responsible for the amendments.

kevkj

Updating MY Tapu
Thats why im not bothering

I have a apartment in Guzelcamli,90% Turk owned ,24 apartment in block.

No clue who has correct tapus if any ,no clue about baskan.

Visit the country 2-3 times a year.

What will be will be but im not doing it due to not having a clue.

Just make it so everyone can do it as a stand alone and we would do it.

These complications will just create mayhem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guz1

Updating MY Tapu
Great post Rob. Thank you. Even though our place isn't in Didim I'm sure the procedure will be similar.

Can you tell me, please, whereabouts on the Iskan all the addresses are listed?

Looking at my iskan, I see a section (no. 44) with nine tick boxes. Beneath that (No. 45) there's a handwritten list.....1.Blok 1 nolu - 2.Blok 1 Nolu....down to 25.Blok, which would correspondend with the 50 semi detached houses on our site.

Were your 17 addresses listed in section no. 45 or should I be looking elsewhere on the Iskan to find how many addresses it contains?

Updating MY Tapu
great read allmost as good as watching the X files on tv thank god i have not got my deds yet so might not have to doo al this

think there is a need to open a new post on this matter and call it the XXX factor
with a prize at the end for the person that geets it done on the first atempt

Akbuk Rob

Updating MY Tapu
Great post Rob. Thank you. Even though our place isn't in Didim I'm sure the procedure will be similar.

Can you tell me, please, whereabouts on the Iskan all the addresses are listed?

Looking at my iskan, I see a section (no. 44) with nine tick boxes. Beneath that (No. 45) there's a handwritten list.....1.Blok 1 nolu - 2.Blok 1 Nolu....down to 25.Blok, which would correspondend with the 50 semi detached houses on our site.

Were your 17 addresses listed in section no. 45 or should I be looking elsewhere on the Iskan to find how many addresses it contains?

On MY Iskan section 45 is handwritten KONUT (house/residence/habitation), this then runs upto section 46 which in my case is written 17. This follows on to section 47 where the total sq metres for all 17 properties is written. In the bottom boxes in these sections is the Toplam (Total) which in my case is 17 and 1404.2 sq mtrs.

But clearer than that is section 107 Diger hususlar (additional information or something like that), where in my case 17 addresses are listed.

Confused yet? ……. I am. :43:

Guz1

Updating MY Tapu
Yes, Rob, I am confused but that's par for the course. My Toplam says 39 and over 3k sq. mtrs. I don't have a section 107. Think it's time for me to stop worrying and just roll with the punches come June.

Thank you very much for your first post and for answering my question. Much appreciated.

Updating MY Tapu
Rob
That was a brilliant post and reminded us of the days we went to sort out the water rates,council tax and electric Lol.
Its a unique experience!!
In the Tedas (Electric) office we were sent up and downstairs to and fro several times and finally seen by a man we could just about see mumbling behind 2 huge piles of electric bills!!
We saw the funny side later!!
Everything is so like you describe it in these places.
Great post!!!

willpeer

willpeer
Updating MY Tapu
Oh My god you poor thing all that running around for nothing .
We are out there in Altinkum on the 22nd June 09 with our granddaughter who is 5years old . So we are going to be dragging her around Didim for the week instead of playing on the 3rdbeach with her tryingto get this tapu sorted. If you find any thing more regarding the tapu would you let us know.
It will be very appreciated i can tell you .
PS I am new to this forum but bought out there some 5 years ago .cheers joy

Updating MY Tapu
Great post Rob, thanks for lettings us about your experiences into your dealings with the authorities.
I informed a friend of mine about this problem who needs to get her Tapu amended, she consulted a friend last week, an ex Turkish solicitor! The solicitor told her not to worry and don't do anything!
The solicitor said it would eventually get changed and amended when they sold the property in the future.
So! My friend as decided not to bother getting it amended.

If I was in your shoes Rob, I would be writing a letter to the Turkish authorities in Ankara and telling them of your experiences. Perhaps we ought to get a petition done to get the law amended to make it easier for owners to update their tapu.
We'll get Mushtaq to send all 10,000 members the petition to sign! LOL :77wu:
You never know they may listen!

DAVIDO

Updating MY Tapu
hi westonalan

could you tel me the solicitor who said this

i am with oracle and was told the same thing by our emlac. har name is sevgi

davido

Guz1

Updating MY Tapu
Alan,

Quite a few people are saying the same thing as the ex-solicitor. I'm wondering whether failing to change the tapu would affect the property's resale value.

Reading posts on other forums, some people have tried to re-register but couldn't because they must wait for their neighbours. In some cases they have been told that they won't be fined because they have submitted their documentation before the November deadline.

Martyn

Updating MY Tapu
I did ask this questiona while ago. So if we go through with our sale in June that means the other bit on the Tapu will get updated anyway in the process? That sounds good to me. Anyone have a trusted solicitor I can email?

Akbuk Rob

Updating MY Tapu
Yes, Rob, I am confused but that's par for the course. My Toplam says 39 and over 3k sq. mtrs. I don't have a section 107. Think it's time for me to stop worrying and just roll with the punches come June.

Thank you very much for your first post and for answering my question. Much appreciated.

Maria, if you don’t have a section 107 it sounds to me like you may not have the full copy of your Iskan. Mine consists of 2 A4 copies, if you only have one half of it may be missing, but I am certainly no expert.

Here is a good one …….
A friend of ours went to the Belediye for a copy of his Iskan, turns out it was printed on A3 size paper and they couldn’t give him a copy because their copier could only copy A4. :wallbash:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom