Madwife

Update on the Hillside
Thought I'd start aa new thread on updates as the older one seems to have got buried. Just back from Akbuk. Been some stunningly beautiful days, but some atrocious weather too. On Tuesday night, the rain was coming down so hard it was causing a mud river down the road from Zeus C. I couldn't get the car up (but it wasn't a particularly brill one). Had to leg it up a lot of steps with the wind & rain blowing me about. Slipped on the steps going up from Zeus C, where there's no handrail. Hurt my back & leg.

Went down & spoke to Utku about it on Weds, was surprised when I said there was no hand rail. On Saturday, hey presto, a handrail is installed.

Also, the walkways around Zeus D & E are finally being planted with grass seed. They started on Saturday (when the sun was shining) but it threw it down on Sunday & washed a lot away, leaving a pool of mud around the block. I just didn't bother going out at all! The walkway between the 2 flights of steps in front of Zeus D has been lifted and removed ? where to, so when it's wet there's no way of getting over this bit of land without waders. But on Monday (sunny) they put down more topsoil and seeded again. So it is progress of sorts. When I left yesterday, it was warm and sunny again, so maybe they'll succeed.

There's been a lot of cleaning activity in the unsold apartments in Zeus D & E, and a lot of contract furniture has been moved in. Not sure whether they've been sold or are being tarted up to make them a more attractive package. Anybody know anything?

The Yalcin supermarket across from Tansas has closed down. Does anyone know where we can buy water for the cooler and they'll deliver? I tried Efes market, but think they couldn't find us. Paid for the water, still waiting for it to come ha ha

Who's going to be there New Year?

lindate

Linda, Apollon G6
Update on the Hillside
Thanks for the update Madwife, sounds like you had fun. Tom and I will be there for the New Year, will you be there?

Regards

Linda and Tom

brokie

Update on the Hillside
Is there anything of durt in the appartements?
We are new in zeus f blok
we are from belgium
mvg gb

Madwife

Update on the Hillside
Is there anything of durt in the appartements?
We are new in zeus f blok
we are from belgium
mvg gb
Hi brokie. And welcome! There wasn't any mud in tha actual apartment blocks, although the stairwells were a bit messy, and Zeus F has block paving all around it so you're OK. Up in Zeus E (and D) we aren't having block paving, just grassed ground savers. Not very satisfactory!

Update on the Hillside
Madwife,

Thanks for the info on the flights, but we are looking to fly out of Gatwick. Cheapest found so far is £231 from Gatwick to Bodrum leaving on the 28th Dec and return on the 4th Jan. Do you know how many will be out there for the new year party.

Regards

Ian and Alison

CJD

Update on the Hillside
might be worth checking out pegasus Stansted via
Istanbul (Sabin Gochen) to bodrum or easy jet to
Istanbul then pegasus to bodrum

Madwife

Update on the Hillside
Madwife,

Thanks for the info on the flights, but we are looking to fly out of Gatwick. Cheapest found so far is £231 from Gatwick to Bodrum leaving on the 28th Dec and return on the 4th Jan. Do you know how many will be out there for the new year party.

Regards

Ian and Alison
Not sure how many, at least a dozen I think. Maybe if everyone who's going to be there will confirm on the New Year thread, we could have a good idea of the numbers

LOL Lynne

Update on the Hillside
Madwife,

Regards

Ian and Alison

Hiya Ian

We are flying from Stansted to Izmir via Istanbul 27th dec to 4th Jan. Total £404.

Everyone,

I think there will be quite a few of us over there for the New Year. Do you think we should start thinking as to whether or not we are going to party onsite and organise some things or at least start throwing some ideas around, or just see what happens when we get there??

:hmm:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom