billjw

Billjw
Update from meeting 07.10.2009.
The last site meeting of the season was held on Wednesday 7th. October, 2009. Darlene, Murat and Metin attended plus almost every owner on the site at the time.

The building work on Tekila is going ahead at a cracking pace, and all building works are due for completion by the end of May, 2010. Some pools and landscaping may take a little bit longer.

It was mentioned that some owners had received e-mails from their Solicitor advising them that the Builders had changed, or that there was a new partner. It was confirmed that this was not the case, and the Builders spoke to a Solicitor in our presence on an open 'phone, and it would appear that the e-mail was incorrect due to a misunderstanding in translation. So, if you should receive a similar e-mail do not panic!

It was mentioned that a small minority of owners had decided to take the Builders to Court regarding their Tapus. Not only is this very costly for the individuals themselves, it will also be extremely costly for the Builders. Which means that all the money received for continuing the building will be used up fighting in the Courts, therefore holding up everyone's Tapus for perhaps years to come. So, anyone considering this course of action - would they please think very long and hard before entering into very long-winded and expensive proceedings. After all, we all want our Tapus and we are fully confident that we will be in receipt of ours by the end of 2010. Frankly, we do not want other people to jeopodise this for the majority of us who are happy with the present situation.

(We have friends living in Akbuk, who have sold up in the UK, and had an individual villa built fo them. They received their Tapu 3 months ago, after a three year wait from completion. So it is not an unusual state of affairs to wait for the Tapu here in Turkey).

Dwg

Hi Bill,

This is an unrelated post as I need to contact you regarding dental care in Akbuk, but don't have your e-mail address. Serena and I are over again soon and I need to get some dental treatment. Can you advise?

David

Martyn

Hi Bill,

This is an unrelated post as I need to contact you regarding dental care in Akbuk, but don't have your e-mail address. Serena and I are over again soon and I need to get some dental treatment. Can you advise?

David

You can send an email via his profile.

Dwg

Many thanks, I realised that after sending the original message

David

billjw

Billjw
Hi David, sorry I am late replying, but we only go on the forum once a week or so. There is a dentist in Akbuk, but I do not know anything about them. However, the dentist we have used in Didum is reputed to be one of the best in Turkey, and they did a brilliant job for me. Their website is ROYAL DENTAL CLINIC - ALTINKUM DIDIM TURKEY Dentists and dental treatment in Turkey. Ask to see Dr Ilkay Erol. She is really good and very caring. When you see her, tell her I am very happy with the dental work she did for me. Good luck, hope to see when we are over in May and June. Kind regards, Bill.

billjw

Billjw
Hi David. I forgot the you cannot put web addresses on the forum, but if you Search for the above I am sure that you will find them. Good luck, Bill

Dwg

Hi Bill and Hilary,

Many thanks for response, I too am very late replying, Sos.

we are over in April/may and again in June, so hopefully we will meet again.

David and serena

billjw

Billjw
Hi David and Serena. We will be out again on 19th April for nearly 3 months, so we will catch up with you both then and maybe take you to our very good dentist if you wish. I understand that a new dentist has set up in Akbuk, but as yet we have not heard how good he or she is. Can't wait to get out to Akkers again to soak up some sunshine and drink some of that moonshine!! Hopefully, this is the year when we get our Tapus, at last!! Hils and Bill x x x

Akbuk Rob

I understand that a new dentist has set up in Akbuk, but as yet we have not heard how good he or she is.
Can't wait to get out to Akkers again

The new dentist is a man, Erhan Ultan. He is a nice friendly person with a good couuch-side manner. More expensive than some in Didim/Altinkum but then price is not always the main issue.

"Akkers"??? Where were you brung up, Worthintrump? :roundgrin

billjw

Billjw
Thanks for that extra information, 'AkkersRob'. We like your excellent AkbukTurkey website. We will be out again in a fortnight. If we meet up with you, we will be happy to make a contribution to your costs.

Akbuk Rob

Thanks for that extra information, 'AkkersRob'. We like your excellent AkbukTurkey website. We will be out again in a fortnight. If we meet up with you, we will be happy to make a contribution to your costs.
I am very easy to find, especially if you have money for me :3:
Ask at the Akvaryum.
Have a good flight, see you in "Akkers".

Latest Posts

Top Bottom