Gothdad

Up to date food and drink prices
Had a search through and could not find a thread for this.
Does anyone have any up to date info.
I was last in Side in May 2008 and can remember it being very reasonable. I can only remember the name of one restaurant though. Memhets in the ruins it was, near the roundabout.
we will be out 22/08/2010
Thanks,
Graham.

escapee

hi, if you go into old side, check out nostalji dorf restaurant on mosque street (4th left down main street) always had fantastic food in there, good prices and friendly staff.

We spent the evening in Side last week and it was much nicer than I remember, still a bit of hassel down on the seafront restaurants though, we have a place in Avsallar and our restaurant bills were averaging about 170 lira for 7 of us with drinks it was a bit more expensive in Side I think our bill was over 200 lira and that was not a seafront restaurant but in a side street not far from the carpark, also some of the shopkeepers tried it on a bit with regard to prices, we wanted to buy some of the hand painted little bowls and took about 6 of them to the till, ( we had bought some the night before in Avsallar for a good price) and the shopkeeper wanted to charge us about £100 and was very indignant when we started to haggle and would only drop a small amount so we left.

Lovely place though and there seemed to be more ruins than last time, have they excavated more?.

Jane

moortenerife

moortenerife
we have owned property in side for over 6 yrs now and to be honest i dont think the prices have changed that much. mehmets place in the ruins is still there and the food is lovely although they dont have a great choice of menu. we pay about 40 lira for two people, hubby usually has steak and i have turkish pan, a beef dish which is extremely nice, and a couple of drinks each. the 40 lira includes a tip. when i was out there two weeks ago we went to the serena restaurant, we had never been there before, i must say this is one of my favourite restaurants now. i had a chicken plank, this was chicken breast with a gorgeous peppercorn sauce presented on a plank with piped mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables, it was only 13 lira. we had the usual free turkish bread, garlic butter, meze and garlic dip which was lovely and a cup of tea, coffee or apple tea also on the house. this meal with two soft drinks was just over 30 lira and was one of the best meals i have had in side. they also give you a 10% discount card for their souvenier shop next door which has some really lovely items at great prices. we tend to use the same restaurants when we are there but last time decided to try out a few new ones. there was one restaurant in particular that wasnt to my liking, although i might try it again at some time to see if they have improved, i dont like to dissmiss it completely. another good restaurant is the apollo/red lion and also the sultan eye is extremely good value. for the price we pay in side we think we get good value for money, we know we couldnt get such nice food at such a reasonable price here in england.

Gothdad

Thanks for that moortenerife. Chicken in peppercorn sauce is a favourite of my wife. Where is the serena restaurant? We are staying at the Tuana hotel near the amphitheatre.
We were only just getting our bearings last time we were in Side by the time we had to leave. We were only there for a week, and it was just not enough time. Out for a fortnight this time, so we should be able to get some more relaxed bearings so to speak.
We never had a bad meal when we were there last time. Just had to watch the bill on the seafront. Too much hassle down there for us, wish they would learn to leave alone and we would be more likely to try. I know they have to make a living but I think they naff more off than they get in. I can not see that style of touting going down too well in Newcastle!
Cheers,
Graham.

moortenerife

moortenerife
the serena restaurant is not far from the big roundabout. if you are coming from side town, turn right at the roundabout there are a few restaurants and shops on the opposite side of the road. serena restaurant is one of these, just before the oz side hotel. i am sure you will enjoy the food there, i know i will be eating there quite a bit from now on. hope you have a great holiday.

Ilica Park

The view is fantastic !!!
Just returned from Ilica/Side - best restaurants were Korelli (65-70 lira for 5 including drink - best variety of free starters too, Alla Turka and Kosems at roundabout in the Kemer area - also very reasonable and we had a first time visit to Bistro 2000 in Kumkoy area - slightly dearer at 80/90 lira for the same but well worth it.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom