Jane68

Unscrupulous emlaks
Just wondered if anyone can advise. I am 7 months into a 2 year rental contract. My owner has now sold my apartment and I wholly suspect that the emlak have told them that I will be out in a month. I know my legal rights in this regard, that is not the problem. The problem is that the emlak in their attempts to get me out have promised me this that and the other and now that I have found a suitable apartment, they are going back on their word. I have backed up all their messages as proof in case this does ever go to court. I suspect that as I am a woman living alone they did not expect to have a fight on their hands and expected that I would must go. But I’m afraid my principals are too strong to do that. If they had stuck by their word then I would go, but now because they have gone back on this I can’t . I have tried to e reasonable but have now told Them enough is enough. So, the new owner has another 3 weeks to give me the official notarised letter asking me to vacate in 6 months. I am sure that the emlak have also not explained tis to them and if they miss this by even 1 day they have effectively accepted the terms of my lease. So my questions are….if the new owner takes me to court to vacate the property, (I am fully paid up to date on everthing and will continue to do so), should they also bring legal proceedings against the emlak for mis-selling the property without correctly informing the prospective new owner? Can I bring any legal action myself against the emlak? Is there anybody that these emlaks can be reported to for their mall-practice and bullying and intimidation teqniques? Thanks in advance!

juco

Unscrupulous emlaks
I dont know about the law but I would tread carefully as if it goes legal it could cost you a heck of a lot of money as many have found to their cost.....even if you are legally correct.

Unscrupulous emlaks
Jane, no disrespect to this forum but there’s been that many different scenarios posted on here over properties, the real answer to your question should be put to a lawyer.
I say this because like all lawyers, they look for the detail that we either miss or disregard.
Its not a case of asking for a lawyer to take on your grievance, it’s purely advice for you to fire back at the agent.
I would also add, make sure anything you show or hand over to a lawyer are copies only.....the originals you should hang onto in case a court case does follow. I only say that keeping hold of the originals because some lawyers are well in with some estate agents.
Good luck with it.

enoch

Unscrupulous emlaks
Don't be in to big of a hurry to get a solicitor, I've been to court 3 times and only once with a solicitor. I would try to get advice from one of the big Emlaks. Because what I have seen is the price is normally sold with a sitting tenant or compensation for the renter to move out that's how it should be done.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom