immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Union Flag Offensive
The Union Flag should be part of the uniform, not an add on to show support for anything. How are the Welsh and Scots to understand their true position if they are not constantly reminded of being conquered.

Lack of identity with 'nation' is a real blight on society, and flags are a real and sometimes poignant reminder of the past.

I was in school when most of our class Map of the World was covered in pink, our history lessons covered the greatness of past empires and our singing lessons in junior school were naval sea shanties and marshal songs like The British Grenadiers - the Great was certainly in Great Britain. Now, I suspect, the average school kid has little idea of any of that.

Symbols of nationhood are important and the politically correct brigade need to be told to shut up.

Ian

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
Union Flag Offensive
I totally agree Ian, it should be part of the uniform - after all, what country are they and the soldiers protecting for goodness sake!!!!

We live in Turkey and as we all know, the Turks are fiercely proud of Turkey, their soldiers and their flag. In my opinion, that is the way it should be.

I have added my signature.

PASH

Union Flag Offensive
Sometimes makes you ashamed to be British - you would think this warmongering government would relish the support.

Union Flag Offensive
I think that to be a 'great nation', the UK has to sort out it's own problems before sorting out those of another country. It's all very well to be proud of what our country is - but what exactly makes you feel proud to be British? I don't feel proud that over a period of hundreds of years we colonized many, many places which have slowly had to be given back. Don't get me wrong, I understand the motivation of people to support the troops - each to their own, but there is hunger, poverty, drug addiction, illegal immigration, sub-standard housing etc. etc., which could all be taken care of easily with the resources which are being spent on 'wars'. There has to be something to be proud of. I'm not attempting to start an argument with anyone - it's just my opinion.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Union Flag Offensive
If you read your history Wales was never completely conquered by the English

No, just the important bits.

Anyway, they are getting their own back now by having money thrown at them by a government trying to shore up it's vote.

Ian

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Union Flag Offensive
Theres nothing GREAT in great briton anymore , its all gone . Not because of its people Who still fighting for this country not just abroad but right here . Like the pensioners fighting for a rise and the NHS under funded ect . And if i'm not mistaken Wasn;t it us who allocated the land to Israel ? right in the middle of muslim countries now look at the consequences ! Whoever did that should have been shot at dawn . I've signed the petition and proud to do so . The country as gone barmy ,,,, Diane

giglets

Union Flag Offensive
Three thoughts only -

1. Why did common sense not prevail initially and why wasn't the complainant informed that their view was, without doubt, in the minority and that the majority view should take precedence ?

2. What a bunch of gutless, spineless, politically correct idiots are presently in high-ranking posts in the Met!

3. Thank God that the front-line cops stuck two fingers up at the morons who form their senior management and then forced this humiliating climbdown !!

Makes me proud of (most of) my old colleagues!!!

Union Flag Offensive
britain has beaten off invaders many times but now we are being beaten from within because of tony blair/ gorden brown immigration policys or lack of them a law should be made that the indigenous british people. will come first. jobs/housing/education/N.H.S/ benefits/ etc.all public buildings. classrooms should be made to fly the union flag god bless briton

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
Union Flag Offensive
I'm glad that someone has seen sense.. how on earth could anyone be offended by a Union flag badge... who on earth would have complained..?
No guessing that it wasn't a born a bred Brit, someone with pride in their national flag, someone who is proud of their national heritage that's for sure.
I suspect it was a bigoted trouble maker maybe from foreign climes wishing to incite hatred... just a guess.
Next thing you know they'll want us to do away with the poppy... if they don't like our flag, our country and our heritage they can bugger off some where else,
the only problem is they wont because they have all they need here.. our lard arsed leaders are only to happy to have the tax payer support them.
I know someone is likely to say " how do you know it's a foreigner?" that I'm bigoted... I say it's a fore-drawn conclusion and I'm so confident I'm right I'd happily put money on it..!
We're too damn soft and too ready to kowtow to lame brained trouble makers and hysterical extremists. !

OK, rant over.

Alan.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom