KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Unfortunate Names
Whilst having a wander around Antalya yesterday I noticed an advertising sign for a doctor. On the first floor balcony on the left of the pink apartment block is a sign proclaiming that this is where you can have a consultation with

Doktor Mustapha Kunt - Ortopedi ve Travmotoloji Uzmanı

Image001.jpg

If you doubt me, Google the name.

Anyone else got any that they've seen themselves? Not copied and pasted from the www.

hijo

in my own clique
Unfortunate Names
..we have a friend here his name is cuyant(think thats right) pronounced (jennet) my missus still can,y say his name..so you can imagine

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Unfortunate Names
Poor Doc! - You can order a drink with the same name here in Turkey although Im not sure how its spelled but the pronounciation is the same - its hot water with sugar in it.

Maisie

Unfortunate Names
I have a photograph of my husband standing outside a bookshop in Esberg, Sweden. The name above the shop is Boghandel. Maisie

hachris

Unfortunate Names
I have a photograph of my husband standing outside a bookshop in Esberg, Sweden. The name above the shop is Boghandel. Maisie

Must be in Denmark, not in Sweden, in Sweden it would be bok....
:blink:

The relationship between Sweden, Norway and Denmark is similar to relationship between Scotland, England, Wales etc. - so please no mistakes, precision required!

A "boghandel" is a Danish phenomenon. There are no any Swedish members here so I feel I have to protect there reputation.:eek:

gra

belek member
Unfortunate Names
worked with a chap called mike hunt, he tended to use john as his first name, my wife was treated for a back problem by a Dr Bendy.

haybags

Unfortunate Names
when i went to the doctors in bodrum hospital they were called Dr Oral lol i dont think he worked in ears nose and throat dept :)

Saoirse

Unfortunate Names
Not an "unfortunate name" as such but interesting nonetheless that Bruce Forsythe is an anagram of "talentless b*****d!"

Unfortunate Names
When my brother-in-law first visited us in Turkey he said how on earth do you say that word written above that electrical shop.........."Arcelik". :hearnoevi

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Unfortunate Names
worked with a chap called mike hunt, he tended to use john as his first name, my wife was treated for a back problem by a Dr Bendy.

Martyn & I use that as our quiz team name in turkey. Twice we've won and the poor girl has announced it over the microphone without realising.

Bart Simpson actually used it in one episode too :biggrin:

Maisie

Unfortunate Names
hachris - sorry, must have been in Copenhagen then. It was such a long time ago and we visited both countries the same year. The photograph is actually black and white, though, not sepia! Maisie

Latest Posts

Top Bottom