enoch

Ukraine
“A top Russian official has warned that Moscow could intervene to help Russian-speaking residents in eastern Ukraine if Ukraine launches an all-out assault on separatists there.”

Every one here in eastern Ukraine is Russian speaking and the very last thing we want is Putin’s ‘help’!

And they aren’t separatists, they are terrorist warlords set in place by Putin.

I’ve seen many articles suggesting that as we are all (except me!) Russian speaking then we must have leanings towards Russia, nothing could be further from the truth.

"She (Merkel) urged Russia to "de-escalate tensions" by pulling troops back, while Mr Putin accused Ukraine of inflaming the situation in the east."

I’d like to hear Putin’s explanation as to how Ukraine is inflaming the situation. :)
Big talks with Turkey and Ukraine today I think on the black sea coast.

Camden

Ukraine
Cavalry coming to the rescue in the form of RTE ....just don't allow him to send his Islamic proxies to help or you will have lost Crimea for good ... Syria, Libya can attest to the risks and payment sought for Turkish involvement ... ask the Syrians how RTE has helped them in their fight against the Russians ....

He is only interested in Ukraine as Arms customer having already sold them and supplying them with Turkish made Attack Drones, and more importantly to cultivate procurement relations with Ukraine. To enable him to filch and reverse engineer, well sought after Ukrainian knowledge, in sensitive aerospace tech development.

Especially sought after since Turkey has been removed F 35 Strike Fighter programme ... RTE 's burgeoning defense industry is one and only part of his Economy that is booming and bringing in much needed hard currency..... that and his mercenary forces for hire or for influence ...

Kanga

Ukraine
From other sources. . .

and more in the last hour.

Last edited:

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
It is, or should be, a worrying situation not only for Ukraine but for the rest of the West as well.

And the comments are scary reading, there are ignorant crackpots on both sides.

Insanity rules! fear.gif

Last edited:

Camden

Ukraine
Hopefully just a rattling of swords ... Putin probing weakness and reactions ... and if possible highlighting or possibly sowing divisions in the Western alliance ...

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Hopefully just a rattling of swords ... Putin probing weakness and reactions ... and if possible highlighting or possibly sowing divisions in the Western alliance ...
Let’s hope so but it is worrying that Russia is accusing Ukraine of provocations.
The scenario is scarily similar to the Cuban missile crisis in ’62 & to Poland in ’39. Putin is threatening Donbas but I think it more likely that incursion would be to the south near Crimea to secure water supplies and create a land bridge to Russia.
Nevertheless I would be surprised if any invasion took place before May when our wet season stops.

Mushroom

Ukraine
I think Putin on this occasion is wanting conflict, but is going to goad Ukraine in the hope that someone will get trigger happy. That way, he can always fall back on the excuse that Russia didn't start it but responded.
As Jaycey says, the implications could be far reaching, involving other nations.
Imagine Biden responding to the Russians?
If diplomacy didn't work, would they let Putin take Ukraine ?

Saoirse

Ukraine
Reading between the lines I dont think the West would militarily confront Putinn over Ukraine

Dont know enough about the actual situ but just the general feeling online in press etc is they are not making the " dont even think about it " noises

Camden

Ukraine
Reading between the lines I dont think the West would militarily confront Putinn over Ukraine

Dont know enough about the actual situ but just the general feeling online in press etc is they are not making the " dont even think about it " noises

Do you think Putin will invade or occupy the Donbass region or the Russian speaking regions they are confronting ?

Saoirse

Ukraine
I genuinely dont know

Jaycey is on the ground and he reckons that the Russians are gearing up for invasion

I am only going by what I read from the West which I think doesn't seem warlike enough that if Vlad invades they will physically oppose him

Sanctions? Condemnation?

I posted an article recently which had some in the West thinking it wasn't worth it

At a guess I would say he wouldn't invade but then nobody thought he would do it first time

Mushroom

Ukraine
The only comparison I can think of is the Berlin wall situation that could have initiated a war between the US and Russia.
JFK was advised that it was better to leave things as they were to prevent a war.
I know it's a different era and a different situation, but I think Putin will go for conflict in Ukraine to exert the power of Russia and at the same time anticipating that Biden will opt to avoid direct conflict.
If Trump had still been in power..........?

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Ukraine
I read an article the other day saying, if China & Russia carried out their expansions the same time, the West could only confront one, which one, went unanswered.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Ukraine
I read an article the other day saying, if China & Russia carried out their expansions the same time, the West could only confront one, which one, went unanswered.
Similar, hence China's build up around the Philippines and the rhetoric against Taiwan.
Eeni meeni mini mo,

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Do you think Putin will invade or occupy the Donbass region or the Russian speaking regions they are confronting ?
Russia may well attack the Donbas area occupied by his errant warlords there to consolidate his position but also south in Kherson to make a road bridge to Russia.
Jaycey is on the ground and he reckons that the Russians are gearing up for invasion
I reckon the odds to be 50/50.
I am only going by what I read from the West which I think doesn't seem warlike enough that if Vlad invades they will physically oppose him

Sanctions? Condemnation?
There are already sanctions & condemnation aplenty but they haven't worked anywhere else and they won't work in Ukraine either
At a guess I would say he wouldn't invade but then nobody thought he would do it first time
If he invades he'll either be content with part of Donbas & his land bridge or blitzkrieg his way to Poland.
Next he'll accuse Poland of warmongering!

Camden

Ukraine
Another possible reason for the build up could be ...... Putin could be using similar tactics to his authoritarian stable mate in Turkey, or is it the other way round on who's who on the ownership of this tactic ? , hard to tell nowadays. This could be the sleight of hand "voter distraction " tactic , as the Russian parliamentary elections are coming up in September 2021 .

This could be the much needed distraction away from Putin's domestic unrest over Navalny, and the mishandling of the coronavirus Pandemic. . The agenda then could be changed to a confrontation with Ukraine and the rattling the West's cage in blame the "other." and the need for a strongman and party ..

Which then could be made into the topic of the parliamentary elections, in an effort to help Putin's struggling United Russia Party seeing off the rising dissatisfaction being shown by parts of the Russian electorate .... .

Last edited:

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
The only comparison I can think of is the Berlin wall situation that could have initiated a war between the US and Russia.
JFK was advised that it was better to leave things as they were to prevent a war.
I know it's a different era and a different situation, but I think Putin will go for conflict in Ukraine to exert the power of Russia and at the same time anticipating that Biden will opt to avoid direct conflict.
Very likely, Americans are still smarting from Vietnam & Afghanistan - it took Pearl Harbour to wake them up to the realities.
If Trump had still been in power..........?
That's a no brainer - but for his bone spurs he'd be in the front line rooting for Russia :)

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Another possible reason for the build up could be ...... Putin could be using similar tactics to his stable mate in Turkey, or is it the other way round on who's who on the ownership of this tactic ? , hard to tell nowadays. This could be the sleight of hand "voter distraction " tactic , as the Russian parliamentary elections are coming up in September 2021 .

This could be the much needed distraction away from Putin's domestic unrest over Navalny, and the mishandling of the coronavirus Pandemic. . The agenda then could be changed to a confrontation with Ukraine and the rattling the West's cage blame the other...

Which then could be made into the topic of the parliamentary elections, in an effort to help Putin's struggling United Russia Party seeing off the rising dissatisfaction being shown by parts of the Russian electorate .... .
All too true - Putin needs a war to boost his reputation on home turf.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom