Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
AP.jpg
Ukrainian leaders: Stay calm, Russian invasion not imminent

https://apnews.com/article/russia-u...b2cf/gallery/be4df150827740328cd99b6a70425f53
"KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Ukraine’s leaders sought Tuesday to reassure the nation that an invasion from neighboring Russia was not imminent, even as they acknowledged the threat is real and received a shipment of U.S. military equipment to shore up their defenses...

'Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov told parliament that “as of today, there are no grounds to believe” Russia will invade imminently, noting that its troops have not formed what he called a battle group to force its way over the border.

“Don’t worry, sleep well,” he said. “No need to have your bags packed.”...

Is it just me but when someone tells me not to panic I go immediately into panic mode?

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Ukraine Business News.png

Nord Stream 2 will not transmit natural gas if Russia invades Ukraine, stated the US State Department spokesman Ned Price for npr.org.
Currently, gas is not flowing through Nord Stream 2, which is crucial because it means that Nord Stream 2 is not operational. It is leverage for us. It is leverage for Germany. It is leverage for the trans-Atlantic community because gas is not flowing. To be clear, it is not leverage for Vladimir Putin. Second point - and I want to be very clear - if Russia invades Ukraine, one way or another, Nord Stream 2 will not move forward, and we want to be very clear about that.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine

So much BS flying around..

Biden says “invasion end of February when ground has frozen over” – the ground has been frozen for weeks already FHS!

8,500 US troops ready to stand alongside NATO forces if Russia invades” fat lot of good that will do if the NATO forces are in Poland and if NATO/US won’t step foot in Ukraine.

Plenty of cash assistance coming into Ukraine but what we need is lethal equipment and training - too little too late methinks.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Ukraine
The rouble is tumbling , 25% lower this year already , nordstream failure wil reduce it further , Putin is broke , for once sanctions really will bite particularly hard....
Steve

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
They'd bite even harder if British banks would freeze/confiscate all that dirty Russian dosh in their vaults.

Two birds, one stone.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Spiegel.jpg

The Price of Berlin's Hesitancy on Ukraine

Germany's Position on Weapons for Ukraine Makes No Sense

Kanga

Ukraine
They'd bite even harder if British banks would freeze/confiscate all that dirty Russian dosh in their vaults.

Two birds, one stone.
We can do that any time, immediately. It's better to keep the iron fist in the velvet glove of uncertainty.

429nufc

Ukraine
Ban all the embezzling oligarchs from suing each other in British Courts.WTF has it got to do with us if one Russian crook sues another Russian crook for money they stole from the Russian people in the first place A lot of which Putin has his dibs on

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
We can do that any time, immediately. It's better to keep the iron fist in the velvet glove of uncertainty.
Pointless locking the stable door after the horses have bolted - surely better to freeze the assets now then you'd create a helluva uncertainty!
When I've opened bank account in other countries I have always been obliged to prove the origin of the funds - is this not the case in the UK?
British banks are knowingly laundering dirty Russian money - is there no law against this?

429nufc

Ukraine
Greed Trumps (Pun intended) law! Our greedy scum bankers, the ones who bust the economy, with the aid of top drawer lawyers, just ignore it

Kanga

Ukraine
Pointless locking the stable door after the horses have bolted - surely better to freeze the assets now then you'd create a helluva uncertainty!
When I've opened bank account in other countries I have always been obliged to prove the origin of the funds - is this not the case in the UK?
British banks are knowingly laundering dirty Russian money - is there no law against this?
Yes they do have to do money laundering checks, when I worked in finance we had to do a refresher course every year and there are special ways to deal with this, BUT, if the money has been 'laundered' before it gets to a bank, and is clean, what can they do? Also, keeping them sweating and guessing in Russia is one way they put pressure on Putin.

Camden

Ukraine
The Ukrainian's have a history of Resistance against a larger force eg Russians seen by the 1918 battle of Kruty ... commemorated Today

The “Train of Unity” arrived at the Kyiv railway station. Among the passengers are students of the Ivan Bohun military lyceum. Kruty station is located 150 km away from Kyiv.

This is where one hundred years ago, on January 29th, a small contingent of Ukrainian forces, who were mostly students and cadets, defended against a fully-equipped army of four thousand Bolshevik soldiers. Historians estimate between 300 to 600 students, cadets, and volunteer fighters faced the Russian Bolshevik soldiers. The battle lasted for 5 hours.

When the Ukrainian fighters ran out of ammunition, they were forced to retreat. 30 students were taken captive and executed the next day. Now, that small group of Ukrainian fighters is celebrated for courage and bravery while the battle became a symbol of Ukraine’s resistance against Russia.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Yes they do have to do money laundering checks, when I worked in finance we had to do a refresher course every year and there are special ways to deal with this, BUT, if the money has been 'laundered' before it gets to a bank, and is clean, what can they do? Also, keeping them sweating and guessing in Russia is one way they put pressure on Putin.
Where would GBP billions have been laundered, certainly not in Russia.
Surely not a coincidence that Russians prefer British banks?
And laundered or not IMO the monies should be frozen now while they still can be frozen - too late once they have been transferred elsewhere!

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
The Ukrainian's have a history of Resistance against a larger force eg Russians seen by the 1918 battle of Kruty ... commemorated Today
No need to go back as far as 1918 camden, remember the cyborgs?...

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Money is usually laundered through property / 3rd party transactions, not banks.
But the money has to end up in a bank - don't they want to see where it has come from?
When I transfer a large amount into my bank there are endless queries. If from an overseas property sale I have to produce all the sale documentation.
Seems British banks are the havens of choice for dirty Russian money and not too many questions asked.

Kanga

Ukraine
But the money has to end up in a bank - don't they want to see where it has come from?
When I transfer a large amount into my bank there are endless queries. If from an overseas property sale I have to produce all the sale documentation.
Seems British banks are the havens of choice for dirty Russian money and not too many questions asked.
By the time it's gone via a pet lawyer's client a/c a couple of times, it's relatively easy. I know from experience that UK lawyers' a/cs are usually accepted without scrutiny, unless they are under investigation.

You are obviously a marked man my friend!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom