Saoirse

Ukraine
Not taking away from the current crisis in Ukraine and obviously geographically not related but never the less in an up the international tension mode Russia is start naval drills and firing ( presumably dummy ) live missiles, only 250KM off Ireland this week

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Not taking away from the current crisis in Ukraine and obviously geographically not related but never the less in an up the international tension mode Russia is start naval drills and firing ( presumably dummy ) live missiles, only 250KM off Ireland this week
It’s just another exercise in unification.
After all Ireland has many little green people and they speak a language that is totally unintelligible to me (could be Russian?).

Saoirse

Ukraine
Well I hope they come in peace

I remember years ago reading a defence international magazine which gave a rough estimation how long each country could hold off a Russian ground invasion

Ireland was just over 3 hours

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Whilst theres undoubtedly a grave situation developing rapidly in Ukraine we need to be very careful regarding British government blatant false information obviously being floated as a smokescreen for domestic problems in London

Holy sh1t, unbelievable! Seems incredible that the UK Foreign Office at last ‘suspects’ that Russia is up to no good! :D

Confusion over UK claim that Putin plans coup in Ukraine

"Foreign Office claim of plot to install pro-Moscow government in Kyiv comes with scant detail."

Scant detail? Plenty of evidence of Russia’s intentions both within and on our borders besides which illegal booze parties pale to insignificance compared to the possibility of WW3. o_O

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
No coup required, President Z's term finishes in two years and the new man could be Boyco who I suspect of Russian leanings. :(

Camden

Ukraine
Didn't the Russians do similar in Georgia after the Rose Revolution put in a pro European/west President was voted out when the Russians supported a pro-Russian billionaire Ivanishvili to put masses of money into the campaign of Giorgi Margvelashvili for President ..... it backfired as initially their Pro Russian protégé stuck to the pro-Russian line then struck out independently towards the West .

TLF Admin

Administrator
Ukraine
US draws down Ukraine embassy presence as war fears mount

WASHINGTON (AP) — The State Department on Sunday ordered the families of all American personnel at the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine to leave the country amid heightened fears of a Russian invasion.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
US draws down Ukraine embassy presence as war fears mount

WASHINGTON (AP) — The State Department on Sunday ordered the families of all American personnel at the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine to leave the country amid heightened fears of a Russian invasion.

Can’t say I’m greatly surprised – I’m betting the Brits will be next.
Back in 1980 I found myself in a nasty situation during the coup in Liberia. Legged it to the British Embassy in Monrovia only to find the entrance chained up and that the birds had flown.
Seems wars and revolutions follow me around. :(

Hilsjw

Ukraine
No, nothing sounds good if what you hear on the news is correct. I feel President Biden isn't helping matters - could be wrong, of course.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Not sure what else Biden could do - putting US troops here would be pointless.
It isn't Biden that concerns me it's Bungling Boris - FGS keep him out of it he will only endanger Brits living here.

Ukraine Business News.png

Another 80 tons of weapons arrived in Ukraine.
The second part of a US military aid package arrived in Ukraine. The package includes more than 80 tons of weapons from the US to strengthen Ukraine's defensive capabilities. Ukraine's Defense Minister, Oleksii Reznikov, said that Ukraine had received the second consignment of weapons from the United States as part of defensive aid totaling $200M.
Earlier last Saturday, about 90 tons of "lethal security assistance," including ammunition, arrived in the Ukrainian capital.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom