Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Ukrainians in Ireland reckon both nations share many similarities especially at end of the piece

Wow, that was a long but interesting read but I doubt that many have the endurance to scroll to the very end! 😊

I have nothing against the Russian people – all my family & friends were born in the USSR before our independence but as to similarities the two nations have since followed two very different paths.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
euronews.jpg

The West must never bend under Russian threats

The Russian Federation this week achieved its goal of talks with the United States, NATO and the OSCE on re-balancing Euro-Atlantic security. It achieved its goal through a massive and unignorable threat to invade Ukraine, again. Along the way, Russia sidelined the Normandy Format comprising Russia, Ukraine, Germany and France, plus the European Union.
Russia’s success is predictable considering the Western predilection for dialogue and the lack of EU cohesion, and its behaviour follows a familiar and predictable pattern. Russia creates a crisis, makes a series of demands and then modulates tensions to see if opportunities or concessions arrive. If the concessions are sufficient, Russia ends the crisis and waits for the next opportunity to present itself...

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Attacks on websites we can survive but now it seems that an invasion is well on the cards so I'll revise my odds as 70:30 on war o_O

Atlantic Council.jpg
"They’re all talked out. From Geneva to Brussels to Vienna, high-stakes meetings between Russian officials and their Western counterparts this week failed to produce any meaningful breakthroughs. Western allies made it clear that they won’t give into Kremlin demands for Europe to rewrite its security architecture. Now, with Russian troops still poised to invade, it’s up to Vladimir Putin to make the next move. As the diplomats disperse, our experts weigh in on whether the Russian president got the message, what might happen if he refuses to accept it, and whether war in Europe is now more or less likely".

IMO it's unlikely that Putin's ego will permit him to back down.

Camden

Ukraine

Why The Turkish President Could Be The Big Loser In US Led NATO Vs Russia Tension Over Ukraine

( The Turkish Administration has already upset Putin calling Kazakhstan "Occupied " in relation to Russian Troops )

Mushroom

Ukraine
Jaycey. I don't want to be the prophet of doom but apparently Intelligence suggests that Putin is likely to create an attack on Russian troops from within but blaming Ukraine forces as a reason to create conflict.
Hope it is wrong.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Jaycey. I don't want to be the prophet of doom but apparently Intelligence suggests that Putin is likely to create an attack on Russian troops from within but blaming Ukraine forces as a reason to create conflict.
Hope it is wrong.
Did you miss #906?

Where Putin is concerned nothing would surprise me - remember how he came to power after three apartment buildings were destroyed in 1999 killing 300 innocent Russian people? I'm sure Putin remembers and would have no hesitation in eliminating some of his supporters in Donbas.

Kanga

Ukraine

Kanga

Ukraine

nooooooo . . . not Charlie Chaplin the great dictator. Anyway his tie is too short. Remember Trump's tie?

. . . .meanwhile, some other food for thought.

(havent watched it all, so your choice.)

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Latest Update..

News Now.gif

........................................ News Now.gif .................

We're withdrawing all our USD cash from the bank tomorrow and looking out the window every time there is a loud noise to make sure they are only fireworks !

...................................................... fear.gif

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Putin’s likely course of action in Ukraine – Part 2

429nufc

Ukraine
A report states that Germany will not allow planes carrying military supplies to Ukraine to overfly their airspace
Putin will be smiling, unless he knew already

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
A report states that Germany will not allow planes carrying military supplies to Ukraine to overfly their airspace
Putin will be smiling, unless he knew already
Will they shoot them down?
And why FHS does Germany ask the US for permission to grant assistance to Ukraine?
The way things are developing we don't need financial assistance, we need the equipment and training that may not arrive in time :(
Sanctions won't stop Putin from sacrificing thousands, probably millions, for the sake of preserving his ego & position.

BTW a certain member earlier accused me of being the forum Russophile but I was unable to reply without breaching TLF rulings 🤬

Latest Posts

Top Bottom