Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Always read between the lines with anything Putin says, then expect him to do the opposite of what he states are his intentions and you can't go far wrong.
It's not boding well for Ukraine.
At least we can disregard Monday's coup, forewarned is forearmed.
As for the rest time will tell, we live in interesting times

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
I am shocked at the hassle & cost of running a car in Turkey or the UK - here we are much more fortunate…

Annual road tax … nil

MOT … nil

Annual 3rd party insurance … £25 max

Parking meters …. What are they?

Petrol £ 0.75/liter

Car prices are somewhere between those in UK & Turkey but recently passed legislation allows most used cars to be imported free of duty.

Last edited:

Hilsjw

Ukraine
As a matter on interest Jaycey, what are the conditions and quality of your roads, especially rural ones ?

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Are you thinking of driving here Hils? Shouldn't be a problem, just avoid Donbass!

I can only speak of roads in and around Zap but billions have been allocated to upgrades throughout Ukraine – in part IMF funded.

The city roads are good, a great improvement since we got here. (The fact that our mayor has a road repair company could have something to do with it 😊) But some of the minor back roads are problematic.

Roads into and exiting Zap are OK but mostly only dual carriage and poorly lit.

Kanga

Ukraine
Well it's now afternoon of December 1st; how are things Jaycey and do you have any backup plans?

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Well it's now afternoon of December 1st; how are things Jaycey and do you have any backup plans?
All quiet on the Eastern Front and not even a mention on our news.
And no backup plans, we'll weather this one out come what may - I'm too old to move on again and Valentyna & family are too stubborn.
Putin may be evil but he's not stupid - another invasion attempt could imho be his undoing.
Time will tell.

Kanga

Ukraine
I looked at the link. . . A publication with a long brown arm, the explicit threat that you must accept their T & Cs or be denied access is not exactly a democratic choice from a supposedly democratic country.
Also pathetic to note that they haven't updated or reviewed the T & Cs since Sept 2018. So, very sorry but I won't be reading it. There's plenty of other reports that back up this opinion and it's good that there's a maintained coverage of the threat. Stay safe and well.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
I looked at the link. . . A publication with a long brown arm, the explicit threat that you must accept their T & Cs or be denied access is not exactly a democratic choice from a supposedly democratic country.
Also pathetic to note that they haven't updated or reviewed the T & Cs since Sept 2018. So, very sorry but I won't be reading it. There's plenty of other reports that back up this opinion and it's good that there's a maintained coverage of the threat. Stay safe and well.
You've lost me there Kanga, the only T&C I know is 'touch & cut' to clean up facial stubble :)
But thanks for the kind wishes.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Ukraine

Delivery of Turkish drones to Ukraine continue as planned​

Extract:
Turkey has been delivering Turkish Bayraktar drones to Ukraine as scheduled according to the requirements of the deal and new delivery has nothing to do with the objection of Russia, the country’s top defense official said on Dec. 4.

“We sold a lot of [armed unmanned aerial vehicles] UAVs to Ukraine. Now, there is no such thing as selling while there is tension with Russia. It was a process. There were batch agreements that were discussed from the beginning,” İsmail Demir, the head of Turkey’s Defense Industries Presidency, told a group of journalists.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
On this day...

1240 Mongols under Batu Khan occupy and destroy Kiev; out of 50,000 people in the city only 2,000 survived.
Now the b***s are at the gates again! horror.jpg

Fortunately we are to receive at least another 24 Turkish drones this month.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
DefenseNews.jpg

US intelligence estimates Russian troop levels on Ukraine border could reach 175,000

Kanga

Ukraine
'US ' and 'intelligence' in the same sentence?

I hope that Biden will remind Putin that Russia agreed in 1994 to Ukraine becoming a totally independent and democratic nation in return for dismantling the nuclear weapons on its soil.

Mushroom

Ukraine
Biden will say very little, then watch to see what develops, inbetween naps, and Putin will do whatever he wants.
It does not bode well and Biden is most likely to get his response wrong should Putin decide to enter Ukraine which could kick off all manner of things for various countries including the UK.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
We are fortunate that Biden is in office and not Trump.

In the meantime my concern has increased from mildly miffed to getting a tad teed off - I’m going to write Putin a strongly worded letter!

Time will tell.

Mushroom

Ukraine
I hope you are right about Biden in office.
Trump was a war mongering idiot but that seemed to keep Putin at bay.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
I hope you are right about Biden in office.
Trump was a war mongering idiot but that seemed to keep Putin at bay.
Trump would never have intervened against Putin - too much dirt against him.
The news here is still very sketchy. One moment 95,000 troops at the border, the next 175,000 - who knows except Putin?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom