Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Of course it does. But if I was a citizen of Ukraine then for starters I would be far more concerned about corruption at the higher end of the scale ( and what allows it to continue) than what I would be re black economy at my local market or local garage.
I’ve already posted re steps being taken by government to eliminate oligarch corruption – and I’m not greatly concerned about open markets, doubtless they exist in most countries.

If you were a Ukrainian citizen just what action would you take?

Ukraine
I’ve already posted re steps being taken by government to eliminate oligarch corruption – and I’m not greatly concerned about open markets, doubtless they exist in most countries.

If you were a Ukrainian citizen just what action would you take?
If Zelensky finds difficulties then there is not much I could do as a citizen. I would be pretty disillusioned and pessimistic about the situation to be honest. I do not doubt your president's aspirations and believe some progress has been made . A TOTAL cultural change is required and one person cannot achieve that of course. Given the advertised difficulties in separating the judiciary from political interference - this would be paramount in my current pessimism.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
You will be pleased to hear that President Ze today fired Rozenkov (spelling?) head of Rada – details will be made public tomorrow.

Another one bites the dust.

Who next I wonder…

5fc78495220fb.jpg

– hopefully Yurii Boyko for corruption and treason.

Saoirse

Ukraine
I look at is this way

There are serious corruption issues in Russia and to a lesser extent in Ukraine

However it really does bring in the old adage of people in glass houses when we particularly see criticism coming from a UK where the ruling party is knee deep in corruption lies sleaze contracts for Old Etonian chums, even a fraudster government minister associated with del boy style get rich quick schemes/ scams!!!

Show me almost any government pointing the finger and I will show you hypocritical deflection

Ukraine
I look at is this way

However it really does bring in the old adage of people in glass houses when we particularly see criticism coming from a UK where the ruling party is knee deep in corruption lies sleaze contracts for Old Etonian chums, even a fraudster government minister associated with del boy style get rich quick schemes/ scams!!!

Show me almost any government pointing the finger and I will show you hypocritical deflection
I thought this thread was about Ukraine?

Ukraine
I look at is this way

In terms of global public sector corruption comparison- UK is 11th least corrupt and Ukraine is117th out of a total of 180 countries . Of European countries only Russia was worse than Ukraine apparently.

Last edited:
Ukraine
Why surprised?

1. That UK has corruption?

2. That there are 63 countries worse than Ukraine?

3. Or that Ukraine is in Europe?
I’m surprised that Russia is more corrupt than Ukraine 😂
Who knows, they could become joint in the not to distant future 😂

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
But if I was a citizen of Ukraine then for starters I would be far more concerned about corruption at the higher end of the scale ( and what allows it to continue) than what I would be re black economy at my local market or local garage.
We are concerned about high level corruption and we don't allow it to happen.

In the past few days...

Arrest warrant issued for Kremlin-friendly MP Medvedchuk, bail set at $38 million

Prosecution raids Kyiv City State Administration, alleges embezzlement

Ukreximbank’s Metzger placed under nighttime house arrest

Odesa Mayor Trukhanov dodges arrest with a mere $1.1 million bail on organized crime charges

Kyiv officials charged with mismanagement, embezzlement over Podilsky Bridge

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Why do some Ukrainians support Russia?

ukraine.gif

The apartments in the background were built by the Soviets prior to our independence in 1991 and gifted to the local population.

So it’s only really the older generation that yearn for the USSR not realizing that it no longer exists.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom