Kanga

Ukraine
From today's Telegraph.

As the battle for the south heats up, paranoia and suspicion are everywhere​

96x96%20Danielle%20Sheridan%20(1).jpg By Danielle Sheridan,
DEFENCE EDITOR, MYKOLAIV
There is an intense sense of suspicion in the south these days.

As the battle here heats up, fears about Russian saboteurs have surged.

Mr Zelensky last month fired the head of the SBU, Ukraine’s security service, over allegations the agency had been infiltrated.

Last week, an official in Odesa told me they are worried that Russia will use grain export boats that have recently begun sailing again as a Trojan horse to sneak into the Black Sea city.

When The Telegraph first arrived in the south around two weeks ago, we were held by police for hours due to questions about what we were intending to do in the region.

Despite having all of our paperwork in order, we had to empty out our car while phone calls were made to check we really were legitimate journalists.

When we asked if we could go, a soldier told us he had “orders to shoot” if we absconded. We stayed.
QNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQf0Rf_Wk3V23H2268P_XkPxc.jpg
Vitaliy Kim, the head of the Mykolayiv regional military administration CREDIT: PAUL GROVER FOR THE TELEGRAPH
The next day we interviewed Vitaly Kim, the governor of the Mykolaiv region, who said he was intending to shut down the city to flush out Russian spies and traitors providing targeting information. Paranoia? Maybe. But you can't be too careful.

As of yet the city has not been closed. But just days ago it suffered its biggest missile strike since the war began, with witnesses telling me they had seen torches lighting up the home of Ukraine’s biggest grain trader hours before he was killed by a Russian missile.

Daniel Burke, a former British paratrooper who leads the Dark Angels, had spotted lights flashing at the compounds before they were hit. He is now starting to be suspicious of everyone.

“All in all, I’ve been down here for about two months now and I have never felt uncomfortable in this place, ever,” Mr Burke said from a new, safer location. “But the last two days I’ve felt so uncomfortable that I’ve been on edge.”

His team of volunteers ended up moving out of the city early.

While two people were killed in the bombardment, all of Mr Burke’s team escaped, although some with significant injuries. “It’s a miracle we survived,” he said.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Ukraine

Ukraine takes down 1,000,000 bots used for disinformation​

Extract:
The Ukrainian cyber police (SSU) has shut down a massive bot farm of 1,000,000 bots used to spread disinformation on social networks.

The goal of the bot farm was to discredit information coming from official Ukrainian state sources, destabilize the social and political situation in the country, and create internal strife.

The messages spread by the bots were in line with Russian propaganda, so the operators of the disinformation machine are believed to be members of the Russian special services.

Maisie

Ukraine
MJL: did you see the story about Putin further down in your quoted news item? It is claiming that Putin is using a body double although it seems that the shape of their ears are different. Interesting. I wonder why? Is Putin in hiding fearing for his safety?

Maisie

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Ukraine
MJL: did you see the story about Putin further down in your quoted news item? It is claiming that Putin is using a body double although it seems that the shape of their ears are different. Interesting. I wonder why? Is Putin in hiding fearing for his safety?

Maisie
Maybe, maybe not but it's obvious that he doesn't give a flying fig for the safety of his own people - latest figures give 100,000 KIA, WIA & MIA.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Ukraine
How anyone - except those that have been kicked in the head by a horse - can defend this evil regime is difficult to explain.

Are there many horses in the West Midlands (or the IOM) ?

Ukraine
How anyone - except those that have been kicked in the head by a horse - can defend this evil regime is difficult to explain.

Are there many horses in the West Midlands (or the IOM) ?
What about your own regime? That’s who Amnesty are on about in the link.

Ukraine
A highly contested article much promoted by Russophiles clutching at sodden straws.
You reckon.......
Didn’t you yourself post images of men/women being trained on how to shoot? And if I remember rightly it was underneath a school, you even named the location FFS.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Ukraine
You reckon.......
Didn’t you yourself post images of men/women being trained on how to shoot? And if I remember rightly it was underneath a school, you even named the location FFS.

Any reason why training should not be given lessons in a school?
That's what schools are for (FFS) !

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Ukraine
A children's school ???? It wasn't in a classroom, it was underneath the school itself in the cellar.
Surprised that you haven't mentioned Russian soldiers hiding behind the largest nuclear power station in Europe - that would be more to the point!

More news filtering through on this and I'll post again later.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Ukraine
So its acceptable to you for weapons training during a war to take place underneath a kids school?
Is it acceptable for you that Russian militia hide inside a nuclear power station ??
is it currently in use as a kids school or has war driven them out .
steve

Does it matter?
A school is a school - a large nuclear power station quite another.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom