Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
I think its borrowing off Peter to pay Peter..............
Which prompts me to ask when the UK finished paying off its WW2 lend-lease commitments?

When a nation is under attacker from an aggressor then money is of secondary consideration.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Atlantic Council.jpg

The only way to deter Putin is to arm Ukraine.

2021-04-22T144229Z_2121391042_MT1TASSP45466645_RTRMADP_3_TASS-PIC-1024x674.jpg

Spring 2021 saw the biggest Russian military buildup on the Ukrainian border since the seven-year war between the two countries first erupted in 2014. While Moscow’s late April announcement of impending Russian troop withdrawals initially eased international concerns over the possibility of a new Kremlin offensive, current intelligence reports indicate that the vast majority of Russian forces remain in position close to the border. A major escalation in Europe’s only active war cannot be ruled out.

It is unclear whether Russia’s recent bout of saber-rattling was an act of geopolitical intimidation or a genuine dress rehearsal for a full-scale invasion of Ukraine. The buildup certainly succeeded in attracting international attention while underlining Russia’s overwhelming military superiority in its confrontation with Ukraine. Clearly, Vladimir Putin wants to keep up the pressure and maintain the initiative in a conflict he launched seven years ago.

Neither Ukraine nor the country’s international partners can afford to sit and wait for the Kremlin’s next moves. Instead, the Western world must now acknowledge the urgent need to strengthen Ukraine militarily. This means providing the country with the means to defend itself in ways that will significantly increase the cost of any potential escalation in Russian aggression. Failure to do so will only encourage the Kremlin to pursue military solutions, with potentially catastrophic consequences for European security.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
AP.jpg

Ukraine charges Putin ally Medvedchuk with treason​

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
DW.jpg

In Ukraine conflict, Putin hits NATO's credibility​

With Ukraine and Georgia seeking membership, NATO will have to choose whether to support the countries or yield to Russia and suffer a crushing political defeat, DW's Konstantin Eggert writes...

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Unian.jpg

Russia-led forces mount six attacks on Ukrainian positions in Donbas on May 29

Enemy troops used proscribed 120mm and 82mm mortars, as well as anti-tank grenade launchers.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
1622618530121.png

Germany rejects military aid request from Ukraine​

thumbs_b_c_5e1e7cd9461cdfc027d27165f2b05b38.jpg

"German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas rejected a Ukrainian request for weapons on Tuesday as Kyiv has been fighting Russian-backed separatist rebels in the east since 2014.

“I am convinced that the conflict can only be solved by political channels, and that should be clear to all involved,” Maas said at a news conference in Berlin ahead of an online meeting of NATO foreign ministers...."

A total ass - diplomatic channels can only work when both parties seek a resolution - Putin wants/needs this war !

Ukraine
View attachment 22513

Germany rejects military aid request from Ukraine​

View attachment 22514

"German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas rejected a Ukrainian request for weapons on Tuesday as Kyiv has been fighting Russian-backed separatist rebels in the east since 2014.

“I am convinced that the conflict can only be solved by political channels, and that should be clear to all involved,” Maas said at a news conference in Berlin ahead of an online meeting of NATO foreign ministers...."

A total ass - diplomatic channels can only work when both parties seek a resolution - Putin wants/needs this war !

So a rejection from Biden and now one from Merkel, where to next?

uller

Ukraine
Germans and Israelis - comrades-in-arms. ( note this is an Israeli publication)

Germany is too busy sending arms to Israel to murder Palestinians to care about Russia’s low-volume murder of Ukrainians.

Appeasing Russia will not tame the bear. Appeasing Israel will not make that country more malleable to international law.

Ukraine
Has Biden refused military aid to Ukraine? I must have missed that.

And Merkel is more concerned with $$s than national security - seems you missed that.

Never mind military aid from the US, both Biden and Merkel have shown their hands with N2. Even Macron has talked about realignment with Russia.
Your left out on a limb from what I can see.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Why disregard military aid from the US?

Seems you have a nasty case of Schadenfreude but IMO the voices of those that support Russia, Brexit and Trump for no given reasons may be safely ignored.

Ukraine
Why disregard military aid from the US?

Seems you have a nasty case of Schadenfreude but IMO the voices of those that support Russia, Brexit and Trump for no given reasons may be safely ignored.

Brexit? Trump? I thought this thread was about Ukraine?
I’m pointing out to you the recent stances both the US and Germany have taken over Ukraine....it’s not guesswork, it’s in your face facts.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Brexit? Trump? I thought this thread was about Ukraine?
I’m pointing out to you the recent stances both the US and Germany have taken over Ukraine....it’s not guesswork, it’s in your face facts.
The fact I face is that you never answer questions ... " Why disregard military aid from the US?"

Should we also disregard assistance from Canada, the UK and other European nations, Australia and the Baltics?

Schadenfreude is a nasty disease, perhaps you should seek medical advice.
Meanwhile you might tell us why you support Russia rather than an independent westward leaning democracy. Flying_Pig_by_goosezilla.jpg

Ukraine
The fact I face is that you never answer questions ... " Why disregard military aid from the US?"

Should we also disregard assistance from Canada, the UK and other European nations, Australia and the Baltics?

Schadenfreude is a nasty disease, perhaps you should seek medical advice.
Meanwhile you might tell us why you support Russia rather than an independent westward leaning democracy. View attachment 22518

Military aid from the US and others, is it free or a purchase?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom