Mushroom

Ukraine
Russia has apparently cut off the electric supply to Finland.
Putin must have had a hissy fit?
Does Finland not have it's own electric?

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
So just who was it that shut it down because just about every report is pointing to Ukraine.....
Seems I must repeat that the closed pipeline is on Russian occupied territory - is that really so difficult to understand ?
"don't forget that Brexit is also to blame, maybe even more so."

Are you having a laugh again?
Is Brexit responsible for energy costs rising worldwide? And when energy costs rise, everything else does!!

Brexit Britain is suffering more than most.

Camden

Ukraine
Russia has apparently cut off the electric supply to Finland.
Putin must have had a hissy fit?
Does Finland not have it's own electric?

Finland has gone Nuclear ... and has been weaning itself of Russian electricity cutting supplies ... It was a exporter of Russian electric , so if they cut it the Russians will lose that export...

Electricity imports from Russia to Finland will be limited, Fingrid, the transmission line operator, said

The flow of electricity from Russia will be completely suspended when the Olkiluoto-3 nuclear reactor is tested.

Ukraine
Seems I must repeat that the closed pipeline is on Russian occupied territory - is that really so difficult to understand ?

Brexit Britain is suffering more than most.
As said, Ukraine shut it down, not Russia & you can repeat yourself as many times as you like.

Should Camden amend his post #3,714 lol

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
As said, Ukraine shut it down, not Russia & you can repeat yourself as many times as you like.

Should Camden amend his post #3,714 lol
Was #3722 so difficult to understand?

So desperate to exonerate Mother Russia and shift the blame but old habits die hard.

ukraineBusinessNews.jpg

First Russian Soldier to Face Trial for War Crimes in Ukraine

Ukraine has commenced bringing to trial captured Russian soldiers for crimes committed by them in the country at the start of Russia’s invasion at the end of February, according to Ukrainian Prosecutor-General Iryna Venediktova.

The first case relates to Vadim Shyshymarin, of the 4th Guards (Kantemir) Division of Moscow Region, who is charged with killing a civilian in Sumy Region on Feb. 28, 2022.

Zelenski proposed exchanging these POWs for a cordon sanitaire for the entrapped Mariupol soldiers - Putin has refused.

Ukraine
Was #3722 so difficult to understand?

So desperate to exonerate Mother Russia and shift the blame but old habits die hard.

View attachment 28036

First Russian Soldier to Face Trial for War Crimes in Ukraine

Ukraine has commenced bringing to trial captured Russian soldiers for crimes committed by them in the country at the start of Russia’s invasion at the end of February, according to Ukrainian Prosecutor-General Iryna Venediktova.

The first case relates to Vadim Shyshymarin, of the 4th Guards (Kantemir) Division of Moscow Region, who is charged with killing a civilian in Sumy Region on Feb. 28, 2022.

Zelenski proposed exchanging these POWs for a cordon sanitaire for the entrapped Mariupol soldiers - Putin has refused.
Exonerate??? Seems you want to tell it your way instead of what actually took place. Ukraine turned a gas pipeline off that was feeding Europe.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Exonerate??? Seems you want to tell it your way instead of what actually took place. Ukraine turned a gas pipeline off that was feeding Europe.

Pray tell how Ukraine could access a pump station in Russian occupied territory.

This is getting boring, do you have anything constructive to add to thread?

Maybe you could tell us how Ukraine killed hundreds in Bucha and tried to blame Russia :)

Ukraine
Pray tell how Ukraine could access a pump station in Russian occupied territory.

This is getting boring, do you have anything constructive to add to thread?

Maybe you could tell us how Ukraine killed hundreds in Bucha and tried to blame Russia :)
Jeeez Jaycey don’t you know how “pump stations” work? No longer are there a couple of fella’s turning a big wheel, it’s all computer controlled 😂

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Can't make it any clearer than this.

Think - just for a moment - I can’t make it any clearer than this :)

What motive does Ukraine have to cut supplies? It would alienate western countries dependent on Russian gas and deprive us of some $3 Bn revenue in transit fees.

What motive does Russia have to cut supplies? They would save Ukraine transit fees, oblige Germany & co to draw from NS2 plus they could point finger at Ukraine.

IMO another red flag operation designed to create further disunion in the west and seems the gullible, of which there are many, have swallowed it hook, line & sinker.

But you fixate on minor things, perhaps you would care to comment on Russia’s intention to annex Kherson, Luhansk & Donetsk. Clearly you would be pro & I would be anti – that could be the basis for a lively debate!

Maisie

Ukraine
Please - gentlemen, Now is not the time to bicker over the small stuff.

Whilst all these things are important, it is the bigger picture that we should be considering and discussing. None of us have any answers. All we can see is the effects of the tremendous rise in prices acros the board. Which to be fair is the only real problem to us in the UK.

It was always a 'given' that the Russia/Ukraine war was going to affect the whole of Europe albeit in different ways/areas across Europe. In my opinion only, the effects of Brexit, whilst to blame for some of the rise in prices, are not to blame for the bigger picture and the horrendous price hikes we are now seeing.

The R/U war will not finish any time soon. Even if it did, the rising costs will not revert. We are stuck with these. History will show that when prices rise for any major reason, they never go back once whatever it is is 'sorted'.

We are all belt tightening and there is worse to come when the energy prices' cap changes upwards again in October. This is nothing to do with the war - again - in my opinion.

Maisie

Ukraine
Think - just for a moment - I can’t make it any clearer than this :)

What motive does Ukraine have to cut supplies? It would alienate western countries dependent on Russian gas and deprive us of some $3 Bn revenue in transit fees.

What motive does Russia have to cut supplies? They would save Ukraine transit fees, oblige Germany & co to draw from NS2 plus they could point finger at Ukraine.

IMO another red flag operation designed to create further disunion in the west and seems the gullible, of which there are many, have swallowed it hook, line & sinker.

But you fixate on minor things, perhaps you would care to comment on Russia’s intention to annex Kherson, Luhansk & Donetsk. Clearly you would be pro & I would be anti – that could be the basis for a lively debate!
So, Reuter’s, France24, Aljezera, Germany’s DW etc are all spreading fake news 😂

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
And you’re only satisfied with answers that suit you. You disregard what every major media outlet is saying. Ukraine shut that pipeline down, not Russia.
My mistake, I said "Think - just for a moment" clearly an unreasonable request. slapme.gif
And, as you never give answers to the simplest of questions how can you say that I'm not satisfied with them? Did you miss #3733 or just fail to understand it?
In your Russophile efforts to absolve your beloved Mother Russia of blame you are fixated on matters of little importance.
What does it matter who cut the gas? There are far more serious things going on here...

Atlantic Council.jpg

Will Putin use nuclear weapons in Ukraine?

"As Russian President Vladimir Putin confronts a series of humiliating battlefield setbacks since his February 24 invasion of Ukraine, and amid an increased flow of Western arms into the country, the risk of escalation remains all too real.

So we asked some of our top experts to answer three burning questions about a scenario that has alarmed many analysts watching this war unfold: the Kremlin following through on its threats and using nuclear weapons in the conflict. They weighed in on the chances of Putin taking the fateful step, how he might do it, and how the West would likely respond...

Ukraine
My mistake, I said "Think - just for a moment" clearly an unreasonable request. View attachment 28047
And, as you never give answers to the simplest of questions how can you say that I'm not satisfied with them? Did you miss #3733 or just fail to understand it?
In your Russophile efforts to absolve your beloved Mother Russia of blame you are fixated on matters of little importance.
What does it matter who cut the gas? There are far more serious things going on here...

View attachment 28048

Will Putin use nuclear weapons in Ukraine?

"As Russian President Vladimir Putin confronts a series of humiliating battlefield setbacks since his February 24 invasion of Ukraine, and amid an increased flow of Western arms into the country, the risk of escalation remains all too real.

So we asked some of our top experts to answer three burning questions about a scenario that has alarmed many analysts watching this war unfold: the Kremlin following through on its threats and using nuclear weapons in the conflict. They weighed in on the chances of Putin taking the fateful step, how he might do it, and how the West would likely respond...

“What does it matter who cut the gas”???
Well my answer to that is, if Ukraine does it, that’s depriving those who are their allies. The worry has always been about Russia cutting the gas off not Ukraine.
As said, I just wonder who’s advice they took to take that action, surely not Europe’s.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom