35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Ukraine
Why would you read about Ukraine if you have no interest in that country?

And it isn’t your reading capability that is in question, it is your ability to understand what you have read and to reply to questions intelligently.
"Why would you read about Ukraine if you have no interest in that country?"

When theres talk of a potential war that could involve the UKs Armed Forces, I take an interest.
On saying that, I cant see the UK plotting troops up in Ukraine to take on Russia.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
"Why would you read about Ukraine if you have no interest in that country?"

When theres talk of a potential war that could involve the UKs Armed Forces, I take an interest.
On saying that, I cant see the UK plotting troops up in Ukraine to take on Russia.
For one very brief moment I thought you might be feeling pity for the 45 mil people that would feel the brunt of Putin's egoism. slapme.gif

But no worries you'll be OK jack.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Ukraine
For one very brief moment I thought you might be feeling pity for the 45 mil people that would feel the brunt of Putin's egoism. View attachment 21948

But no worries you'll be OK jack.

There’s a recent clip on YouTube from a US Navy Admiral. He said he cannot stress how close we could be to a nuclear war re Russia & China, we are not talking about 45 million, we are talking about hundreds of millions.
Who knows perhaps that’s the reason why Biden has backed off.
If Russia as reported, has around 150,000 troops on the border plus all the hardware on land, air & sea, who and how long would it take to get equivalent to counteract those measures.....weeks, months.

Mushroom

Ukraine
Said it before but I don't mind repeating myself. If Russia wants Ukraine they will get it. No Western country will support a war which involves nuclear weapons.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Ukraine
Said it before but I don't mind repeating myself. If Russia wants Ukraine they will get it. No Western country will support a war which involves nuclear weapons.
The West have had years to bolster Ukraine & what have they done? Borrowed them money and flogged them weapons.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
Indeed you have said it before - several times.
Repetition adds nothing to thread but noise must out.
But what you haven't said is what will happen if they do get it.
Poland, the Baltics & further into mainland Europe?
And then Jack won't be alright any more.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
That would be great news if Russia keeps its word.

Now I can finish the dacha, pave the walkways, cut the b*** grass etc etc but I’ll keep the canned stuff in the bomb shelter just in case. 😊

Saoirse

Ukraine
Peace in our time
All over
Nothing to see here
Vlad got his knuckles wrapped
Off home with tail between legs

But will he try again...........
Strikes me as the spiteful type who may bear a grudge

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
My guesses have not always been of the best nevertheless I think (1) the war in Donbas will heat up again, (2) there will be more pressure in Belarus and (3) Putin's home ratings will fall.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
ukraineBusinessNews.jpg

Seems we're not out of the woods yet...

🔵 Russia has closed for three more sections of the Black Sea near Crimea for six months of ‘training exercises’, Ria Novosti has reported from Moscow, citing Russia’s Defense Ministry. Ten days ago, Russia closed the southern approaches to the Kerch Strait to foreign navies and foreign governments through the end of October. This same prohibition has been extended to waters off the coast of Russia’s Opuk training ground, a 100 km stretch between Hurzuf and Sevastopol, and Crimea’s westernmost tip, facing the southern Kherson region. Responding to protests that this will hamper commercial shipping to Ukraine’s Sea of Azov ports, Russia’s Defense Ministry said the closure will not “interfere with shipping through the Kerch Strait.”

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
ukraineBusinessNews.jpg

🔵 With Russia withdrawing troops, but leaving tanks and ships, Ukraine has asked Germany for anti-ship missiles and old corvettes, Germany’s dw.com news site reported Saturday. Separately, the Rada committees on defense, infrastructure and foreign relations want to hold hearings on a deal with Turkey to buy four Ada class corvettes. Ukrainian Navy officers fear the project will eat up a large part of the budget of Navy and that the corvettes will be easy targets for Russian anti-ship missiles.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Ukraine
"HMS Queen Elizabeth will lead the Royal Navy’s new carrier strike group as it sets sail next month on its maiden operational deployment in what is billed as the “largest concentration of maritime and air power to leave the UK in a generation”.

-methode-times-prod-web-bin-1a532e44-a600-11eb-b000-cc13f23b4eff.jpg

The £3 billion warship, with eight RAF F35B stealth fighter jets on board, will head the group, which includes six navy ships, 14 helicopters, a company of Royal Marines and a submarine armed with Tomahawk cruise missiles."

The article goes on to say that part of this group will divert to the Black Sea.
IMO perhaps not a good idea as Putin has barred all foreign warships from entering the area where he already has 50+ warships.
Let's hope that this will all go peacefully - in the meantime I have mental images of an ant crawling up an elephant's leg.

Last edited:

Kanga

Ukraine
It's part of an international 6 month tour to confirm the freedom of movement on all the seas on the planet. They are also visiting the S China seas.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom