barry budd

QPR MAN
uk -v- turkey prices
Have just been to Bedford shopping centre (England)
were we bought a six service china tea set - 6 shirts - trousers -
2 birthday presents - 2 anniversary presents
all should have cost around £200 but with a 20% discount on all
& if you signed up for a debenhams card you got a another 10%
(must pay the card up first bill).
I then had a haircut with my Turkish barber,who also cuts my wife's hair
cost 7 pounds each,used to cost my wife £25 for the same haircut at an hairdressers.
We then went to the local Wetherspoons pub were they sell Large effes
out of the same dumpy bottle as turkey for £1.99 a pint

and it was a beautiful sunny day

Tess

uk -v- turkey prices
Barry the way I see it, if you had a good day, you enjoyed yourself and had the health and strength and the cash to do it, what does it matter!! You finished off with a nice Efes and got your taste of Turkey until perhaps like the rest of us you can do all your shopping over there!! take care!!!

Sara-666

uk -v- turkey prices
Yep - Turkey is much cheaper!!!

It may be cheaper for the haircut but I certainly don't find the clothes cheaper. I usually stock up on the childrens clothes when back in the UK as I find they are very expensive here for decent quality. Kipa have been getting a bit more variety lately and LC Waikiki are not bad but by comparison still dearer than the UK.

Sara

pembelu

uk -v- turkey prices
i miss charity shops badly. thats where i shopped in the last in london. there are no such shops here in turkey that i know of and we dont as yet have car boots in koycegiz area :-( i live in hope....the only second hand shop i found was in Mugla university and was a treat when i did find it -trust students to get the ball rolling....
but apart from this i find turkey cheaper for most things.
in my area face cream is limited...not having migros or tansas nearby and not having a car can restrict your purchases......
maybe transport to shops in UK was easier for me too and bus pass cheaper......

pldouglas

uk -v- turkey prices
I think also that the variety of goods we have in British shops makes you tempted to buy more.

pembelu

uk -v- turkey prices
i agree.
my parents in law dont buy anything new unless its broken/ fallen apart or can be eaten. my mother in law has had the same waistcoat for 12 years she says. and shes sad to replace it with one she had in her wooden chest for 6 yrs! we bought her a cardigan last winter and she will only wear it for best. its funny as i realised while living with them that the villagers look at each others faces 1st not what they are wearing. i bought my clothes over here on and off for 3 yrs and now want to sell them as they seem so superfluous and fussy or i will consider keeping them and make sure they last 12 yrs at least!

Gem

uk -v- turkey prices
It may be cheaper for the haircut but I certainly don't find the clothes cheaper. I usually stock up on the childrens clothes when back in the UK as I find they are very expensive here for decent quality. Kipa have been getting a bit more variety lately and LC Waikiki are not bad but by comparison still dearer than the UK.

Sara
I agree with you Sara. We are from Turkey and moved to UK (livining in UK for the last 9 years - i.e. hometown is Essex now). However, we still go Turkey for holidays and this summer we went to Mothercare in Turkey and prices were like a joke! Much more expensive than UK. Also branded toys (e.g. playskool, fisher price etc.) were also much more expensive in superstores etc. There are certain things which are obviously cheap in Turkey, however, when it comes to branded stuf, imports and luxury items they are dearer. Anyway, enjoy your shopping but be careful :)

Gem

uk -v- turkey prices
In addition to my earlier post. We had a rental car from Avis and it was cheaper to book and pay from UK (online). We only need to buy the extra liability insurance (which helps you not to get police report for minor damages) over there.

pembelu

uk -v- turkey prices
yes my friends who visited us who flew to dalaman had booked rentacar online in UK before hand and worked out cheaper than doing it from here for a week. im originally from essex and i miss one thing in a big way- car boot sales. to be honest they beat all shops and i sware by them for bargains....especially baby stuff i have told my mum when the time comes to be on the look out. we dont have them in koycegiz area nearest are fethiye -calis i think- and that was small but good. I miss doing them and i miss buying from them...but they can only exist where a place is consumed by consumerism! essex fits the bill !!

pembelu

uk -v- turkey prices
oh god how true
i sware by their orange extract face wash and only go to UK maybe once a yr and buy it in the airport there. god i miss that.....every woman has to have her one favourite item...i make mine last 6 months now and the other months i just pine for it!and use soap!......

Latest Posts

Top Bottom