Helenm150

UK TV in TURKEY
I am using uktvaccess courtesy of Neil Gumusluk to catch up on my favourite UK TV programmes. Regards. Helen

Helenm150

UK TV in TURKEY
Film On is great ---- and FREE !
Yes, but you can only watch live TV and because of the 2 hour time difference most of the programmes I am interested in don't start until 11 p.m. Turkish time - a bit too late for me - I like to sleep early and wake early - I like uktvaccess because I can watch when I want through the UK channels catch up services.

may

UK TV in TURKEY
Does UKTVAccess freeze? At the moment we watch filmon which I think is great but it freezes quite a lot at the weekends

UK TV in TURKEY
Does UKTVAccess freeze? At the moment we watch filmon which I think is great but it freezes quite a lot at the weekends

Dear May

The VPN runs at 16 mps (megabytes per second) transfer speed; however, the fastest domestic connection only promises 4 mps, and even that is often variable, as TTNet uses shared IP addresses, so at busy / unstable times in Turkey your Internet speed may not be up to scratch, and that means there will be some days when things run slow / pauses while the video stream buffers. On the worst days, waiting a few minutes or using the BBC low-bandwidth option can help.

The good news is that those (infuriating) days are rare, and I usually get a continuous playback without any interruption. Anyone who's unhappy can get a full refund within the first few days if not happy for any reason. The percentage of users who don't use the service after the first month is under 10% - sometimes for technical reasons (we just can't figure out what they are doing wrong in the setup) or they just find they don't use the service as much as they expected. No-one has dropped out because of speed issues as far as I know.

I will set up a quick test account for forum users to try if they want.

Best Wishes

Neil

Reactions: may
UK TV in TURKEY
If anyone here wants to try out UK TV Access for a couple of days, I've created a free, temporary account for multiple users as follows:

username: turkishliving
password: qww223
IP address: 213.175.212.52

The setup instructions are at UK TV Access - Great British TV.

The username and password will be valid until 01 January.

Cheers

N

Aleynasdad

UK TV in TURKEY
Can anyone supply the link to the recent thread on this. I cant write much as Im in a rush but there I gave lots of info about the box which saved my life....just about every prog past and present from UK TV downloadable to your computer, usually within an hour of being shown in the UK. If interested in gettign an invite PM me.

UK TV in TURKEY
how do you connect the computer up the internet in the first place???????????????
thanks.

cv, are you asking me? if it's about the uktvaccess thingy, the info is all at the web site setup page linked in my earlier post - a VPN is just a second connection .. you go online as usual, connect to the vpn, and as a result you display a UK IP address so BBC etc. think you're in England. I don't want to hijack this thread, but will answer PMs.

There are obviously other options there, and I use a small plug-in for live TV if there's something that hasn't been put online yet that I want to see as it happens, though as others have noted, dropping connections and quality of service need to be considered. personally, though, I prefer VPN as a solution, and was a happy VPN customer for a year before I decided to set up my own server. anyway, the info is all on the site (how it works, set up, etc.) and the free user / pass are still valid. BUt to keep this thread on topic, anything about my service should be pm'ed to me...

cheers to all

Latest Posts

Top Bottom