D

davlins

uk tv channels and digital system
hi all. Newcomer seeks advice on what tv system suits my needs best! Like uk news progs and all sports.Am told that you can pay 45 tl per month or a one off 550tl for Sky!! Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated

dalyansteve

You could take a leaf out of my brothers book, he lives in Marrakesh Morrocco, he had a look at the kings satelite dish and bought one slightly smaller, just so he did not get his head cut off, he also subscribed to to Sky about 4 times more than normal in the UK, took one of the boxes and smart cards out with him. Sorted! Normal people just subscribe to digiturk here.

hijo

in my own clique
..i have the sky deal but i paid 700 lira .for the installation.(extra dish ,dreambox,cables.modem for the computer,etc) but mines is also paid up till october 2110

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
Hijo - the Sky deal you got with English channels - can you watch Eastenders on it?! İ have DigiTurk because İ was told that is the only way here in Side İ can see - Doctors - Weakest Link - BBC Prime - USA Movies - Westerns - Eastenders - The Mentalist - Childrens TV - etc etc etc - but İ have just signed up for another year and it was a one-off payment of 507 Lire. Before that İ paid monthly and that was even more!

hijo

in my own clique
..bbc channels are the only ones that you don,t get although you do get bbc prime on it ..all the itv regions are there as all of the channel fours..and golds and bravos..i can give you a link for live bbc but it will be deleted by this forum.:lock1:

Last edited:

carolk

R.I.P
..i have the sky deal but i paid 700 lira .for the installation.(extra dish ,dreambox,cables.modem for the computer,etc) but mines is also paid up till october 2110

Hijo, I just had the same installed yesterday for the same cost. What do you mean 'paid up till October'?. I dont have any more payments to make -do I?

hijo

in my own clique
..mines works out at 300 lira a year but my first year was included,in the initial installation..yours might be different ..but the equipment has to be maintained ,and calling out the company for any problems..then you might have a different package from me Carol...anyway it still works out a lot cheaper than digiturk in the long run:cheers:

myrajane

If you want to watch the bbc channels on your laptop, or alternatively link up to your tv, you can get free tv on, Film on HDI, just google it and download for free, I am watching bbc news at the moment. You get bbc1, 2, itv 1, 2, 3, channel 4, 5 and sky news and bbc news and some film channels too.

carolk

R.I.P
..mines works out at 300 lira a year but my first year was included,in the initial installation..yours might be different ..but the equipment has to be maintained ,and calling out the company for any problems..then you might have a different package from me Carol...anyway it still works out a lot cheaper than digiturk in the long run:cheers:

Thanks Hijo, and for all the advise and me nagging about it over the months lol.

I have finally ditched Digiturk!!! :heh:

hijo

in my own clique
..best thing you could have done ..Carol ..when i cancelled digiturk ..they were giving me so many free offers ..they must be getting desperate now.:46::

ojos_azures

Hello

There is a stripped down version of SKY UK available in Altinkum at present WITHOUT the need for a HUGE satellite dish. Channels received include ITV and Channel 4 as broadcast in the UK.
If you want more information and prices, options etc.., email me on skytvinturkey@hotmail.co.uk

Regards

Richard

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
can anyone help please, I have just downloaded film on but cannot get anything other than a frozen picture even at lo speed any advice anyone?

I was so excited about watching decent TV but it doesn't seem like its working for me...............help please

zozatky

Ours seems to be ok I think the weather at the moment is playing a big part . ours freezes now & then but corrects its self just keep trying it will get better.

hijo

in my own clique
..also as zozatky..says, always select the lo speed ..and never register just select skip:cheers:

Pandora

Hi all

A lot depends on your download speed. We have unlimited 1mb (TTnet say our village can't get more than 1mb because of the poor lines) and it will be ok occasionally but more than often freezes and is so frustrating so we gave up using it.

Chrissie

REDDERS

Please be aware that if you intend to stream tv on the internet via TTNET you need to be on the LIMITIZ tariff ie.unlimited.If you are one the 29tl package & watch TV you will very soon go over your limit & get a nasty bill the next month.
When there are storms around,your picture WILL freeze,just like sky did when you were in the UK.If your picture freezes in good weather conditions it my be your computors proccessor being too slow to take in the streaming signal(like mine)so try a safe download via google/bing etc,called 'get full speed'.It's cured all my streaming issues on film on hdi.

Martin..

Last edited:

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
well film on is fine this morning, must have been the weather yesterday, we are on unlimited download so am enjoying it while its working!

carolk

R.I.P
..best thing you could have done ..Carol ..when i cancelled digiturk ..they were giving me so many free offers ..they must be getting desperate now.:46::

Lol, yes, I cancelled mine this morning as I wanted to make sure the other system was ok. When they asked why, I said because of the repeats and they tried everything to change my mind, said they had new programmes coming in a couple of months and would I wait?!!!! NO WAY!!! Good riddance. :heh:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom