angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
UK to Bodrum -flight + 5 star All Inc £279
Jetline Travel is offering a 5-star all-inclusive break to Turkey for £279 per person -- £120 OFF the usual rate. This great deal includes return flights and all meals and drinks, plus snacks throughout the day.

Flights depart London Gatwick between 27 September and 19 October, and the deal includes seven nights at the 5-star Litera Etap Altinel Hotel in Bodrum, Turkey, on an all-inclusive basis.

Manchester departures are available for a £40 supplement, and Birmingham departures are £60 more. Transfers are available from £20.

Book by 11 September to secure your spot.

How to book: Call Jetline Travel on 0800 694 5319** and quote the promotional code TZOO.

About the hotel: The Etap Altinel Hotel is situated in 40 acres of grounds that lead directly to a private beach. The hotel offers a wide range of facilities, including swimming pools, watersports, tennis courts and a kids' club. The hotel has several restaurants, bars and a fitness centre with a sauna, a Jacuzzi and Turkish baths. All rooms are in the main hotel building with air conditioning, satellite TV and views from a balcony or terrace.

Travelzoo tip: Travel from 11-26 September for an additional £30 per person.

Jetline Travel
phone: 0800 694 5319**

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Jetline Travel is offering a 5-star all-inclusive break to Turkey for £279 per person -- £120 OFF the usual rate. This great deal includes return flights and all meals and drinks, plus snacks throughout the day.

Flights depart London Gatwick between 27 September and 19 October, and the deal includes seven nights at the 5-star Litera Etap Altinel Hotel in Bodrum, Turkey, on an all-inclusive basis.

Manchester departures are available for a £40 supplement, and Birmingham departures are £60 more. Transfers are available from £20.

Book by 11 September to secure your spot.

How to book: Call Jetline Travel on 0800 694 5319** and quote the promotional code TZOO.

About the hotel: The Etap Altinel Hotel is situated in 40 acres of grounds that lead directly to a private beach. The hotel offers a wide range of facilities, including swimming pools, watersports, tennis courts and a kids' club. The hotel has several restaurants, bars and a fitness centre with a sauna, a Jacuzzi and Turkish baths. All rooms are in the main hotel building with air conditioning, satellite TV and views from a balcony or terrace.

Travelzoo tip: Travel from 11-26 September for an additional £30 per person.

Jetline Travel
phone: 0800 694 5319**

Great Bargain --- but this is the sort of thing that is KILLING us small restaurants !!

jakkigers

Eccleston/Konacik
I must admit that I always people NOT to go AI in Turkey 'cos I reckon they would miss so much. Having said that, I can in a way understand why families may do it as kids and drinks - costs a fortune!! £279 per person is not much more than the cost of a flight really - although the Litera hotels do have a terrible reputation.

Never mind, I'll keep plugging away at people and tell them how much they'll miss by going AI - hope this helps the restaurants and bars. :44:

JAKKI xx

captain

Great Bargain --- but this is the sort of thing that is KILLING us small restaurants !!

Lucykycat68,

Unfortunately, I think a lot package tour holidaymakers go this route. I'm sure that nearly all of us who actually own properties in Turkey would choose to travel flight only and then eat in / out when we get there. I'm sure you have your own regular local customers and I really hope you're not losing out too much by these AIN holidays.
Good luck,
Doug

Terry S

It is not just the AI that is killing the restaurants ... It is the restaurants that hassel - overcharge - serve crap food killing restaurants . I know there are good resturants and I use them but there are many that want to earn as much as they can in a season and anyway they can that puts people off going out to eat . The way to stop people going AI is to go back 10 years and treat people to proper Turkish service and stop the hassel

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
It is not just the AI that is killing the restaurants ... It is the restaurants that hassel - overcharge - serve crap food killing restaurants . I know there are good resturants and I use them but there are many that want to earn as much as they can in a season and anyway they can that puts people off going out to eat . The way to stop people going AI is to go back 10 years and treat people to proper Turkish service and stop the hassel

We pride ourselves on the No Hassle thing . Also serve lovely fresh homecooked food - not frozen - give good service and DO NOT overcharge !
We treat people respectfully - give free fresh hot Lavas bread straight from oven - give free fruit ect but we are still having the worst season EVER
Yes - too many restaurants competing I agree
But the Councils should make it law that the A1 hotels should be FAR away from the local villages and small resorts

lilacdiana

lilacdiana
I really don't think its the food which is such an issue. When we are away we spend far more on soft drink and water than we ever do on food!! I never feel ripped off on the food front but certainly do on the drinks!

If you have 2 or 3 children I can certainly see why people choose to go all A I .

Personally i don't feel its for us but my daughter is in Belek at the moment on an A I holiday so will see what she says when she gets back.

Di

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
All inclusive is alright for the Caribbean, Americas etc but to do it in Turkey and miss the cultural experience of local foods etc is very sad. Why would anyone want to sit in an AI and eat the shite you are used to at home, drink watered down draught beer, stand in a pool and do aerobics with all the other fat Tourists and do the hokey kokey in the evenings. Go to Blackpool if thats what you want.

When we were in Cesme last year families were coming into town to eat because of the food they were being dished up wasn't suitable at the AI rice & pasta everynight at one 4 star hotel no chips or potato unless they paid extra, they couldn't go to the bar for drinks had to sit at the table and get a waiter who were very slow in responding (done on purpose so they had less drinks).

mike dj

If some one wants to go AI thats their choice , as for free bread and fruit its always in the price of meal , no such thing as free it has to be covered .Mike

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
If some one wants to go AI thats their choice , as for free bread and fruit its always in the price of meal , no such thing as free it has to be covered .Mike

Free bread and fruit are FREE in ours - not covered by the price of our competitive meals - fruit is certainly not cheap here in Yalikavak any more
and our oven is run by wood and that is not cheap either when we have oven running all day and night for 7 months a year !
I have eat in many restaurants that do not even offer you a coffee on the house ! :504xn:

pldouglas

Whichever way you look at it, this AI holiday looks like a cheap deal and therefore probably a decent enough holiday for the money - its certainly going to be cheaper and more hassle free than owning a villa and going on the hunt for a decent meal at a restaurant. As long as they kept the hotel music volume down to a minumum then we will certainly be returning to hotel holidays if and when we can ever sell our villa in Yalikavak.

Terry S

Ok lets look at this go AI you know what you are going to pay .If you eat out and say you have kids say 2 of the little money suckers they have 6 soft drinks a day which are about 5ytl each and 2 ice creams each that is 40ytl each x 14 days = 560 ytl each times that by 2 = 1120 for two kids for a two week holiday which is about £500 for a two week holiday and that is only for drink and ice cream and the bars and restaurants have to ask why people go AI . You can buy a 1ltr of coke from kippa for 2ytl and get 6 glases of coke out of each so they make 30ytl out of each bottle do not know what the mark up is but wow what a profit ..

Brilliant point Terry. The restaurant owners never seem to mention the outrageous profit they make on serving up soft drinks - usually flat as they are from 2.5 litre bottles - and instead concentrate on how little they are making on beer, food etc. Like you say, the mark up on cola etc is horrendous and gives the br/restaurant owners a massive profit - but we bever hear that for some reason!

arrian

R.I.P
our first holiday to turkey was about 10 years ago, and we were room only in side. i can't remember all the meals we had but one does stand out,' mixed pizza'. when it arrived i had one pizza with minced meat and one with scrambled egg on!! our next time in turkey, ovacik, we went AI. the food was excellent in the hotel, but we go on holiday to get out & about so we did eat out a lot and tried different foods, but there was one family that were on the same beach as us one day, free dolmus from hotel, and they had taken food AND drink from the hotel as they refused to pay anything for anything!

we only do b/b or s/c now that we understand the food, but people like that are unbelievable, and hopefully few and far between. also they don't know what they're missing by only doing AI

Latest Posts

Top Bottom