ceemac

Shake It Baby...
UK Plan To Ban Cigarette Packet Logos
Sit up Terry, good news for you :)

'Cigarettes could be sold in plain packets under new plans to halve the number of people who smoke.'

Here

C

ted j

Kath's just told me, someone on tv has phoned in and suggested putting gordon brown's picture on them that'd work

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
If they put Maggie Thatchers pic on them , well, i might consider stopping.

Jeannie

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
Sit up Terry, good news for you :)

'Cigarettes could be sold in plain packets under new plans to halve the number of people who smoke.'

Here

C
Would a plain packet make any difference,No! they can wrap them in newspaper and those that wish to smoke will still buy them, daft idea in you ask me. :blink:

Lynn2

lynn2
this is only the thin end of the wedge, they say they will also stop people fromsmoking in own vehicles, in doorways and wait for it, in their own home. Having said that you have to be careful around children. How will they "police" this? council officials sniffing at letterboxes ? spies within the family ?

Burnham has said he wants everyone to live longer, really ? Perhaps compulsory euthanasia when you get to state retirement age is just around the corner ?

Stress is bad for health & this crackpot government with it's half baked policies have contributed to everyones stress levels. Why do they feel the need to control every aspect of law abiding citizens lives ? Surely there are more issues that need action ?

ted j

Worked for andy burnham about 5 years ago he's our local mp (refused to april last year) also worked for his mum and dad and his brother Nick, who thinks he's a complete a******e. He's very smarmy and doesn't exactly know a lot about the real world away from politics... So he wants everyone to live longer that's a laugh, and exactly what do they use for money? in another 10 years, they wont be able to pay anyones pension (they're struggling now) . Or is it a ploy to make everyone work longer to pay more tax to subsidise their perks. just another reason why i'm getting out. I pity the young kids that are growing up now, what kind of country will they inherit, cctv land?. Mind you, they'll probably accept it as the norm . Well I wont

Last edited:

Lynn2

lynn2
I agree it's one of the reason's we left, I do worry about the future for my kids & grandchildren though ............

Why not just shoot us smokers and have done with it. This long wait is making me nervous! :36le:

We dont really need compulsory euthanasia at retirement age, Lynn, because the smokers are helping promote the optional route all by themselves

ted j

There you go Terry mate. you say smokers are selfish why we're all letting you get more pensions:48:

Now, I know I can have a tendency to be a bit slow sometimes (honestly it really is chemo brain) but can someone tell me exactly how packaging cigarettes in plain packets will reduce the amount of people smoking.....

We are talking about the same people who buy packets now with slogans on them telling them that smoking kills. Does that stop them? No.

Soo x

ted j

It's government thinking Soo. Someone (or comittee) probably had a good weeks work out of that

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
As an old very heavy smoker I think they should be outlawed world wide. In my mind they are nothing more then an expenive, addictive, cancer causing agent. Pebble would probably still be here if she hadn't smoked....as for many of YOUR friends. JMHO

Bob

Moggycat

Oh dear, it is all getting so puzzling, how will anybody know which brand of plain paper to go for??????????????????????

Latest Posts

Top Bottom