Helenm150

UK Passport Expiry Date
Hi all, can anyone advise if I will run into any problems if I travel back to the UK on a British passport with less that 3 months remaining to the expiry date. My passport expires 1/4/10 and I will probably be travelling in January. Many thanks, Helen

hijo

in my own clique
UK Passport Expiry Date
..i think you need at least 6 months on your passport before you renew it (in turkey)..don,t know about flying back to the uk though:38:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
UK Passport Expiry Date
You certainly won't have any problem re-entering the UK right up to the actual expiry date but you'd definitely be wise to renew it before trying to get into Turkey, and most other countries for that matter.

Helenm150

UK Passport Expiry Date
Hi Den, I thought that maybe Turkey wouldn't let me leave the country with less than 3 months on my passport - so you don't think that would be a problem and also no problem when I arrive in the UK? I could then renew my passport in the UK before returning to Turkey - much easier and cheaper! Thanks, Helen

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
UK Passport Expiry Date
Getting out not a problem but you must have at least 90 days left on your passport coming back. 90 days and 3 months can be different if a february is involved.

waterbaby

UK Passport Expiry Date
I cant be specific but i know most countries wont allow youentry if you have less than 6 months validity of passport.Try going on the British Consulate website and maybe they have the answer . Good luck

UK Passport Expiry Date
Turkey will allow you in with UK passport as long as you have a min 3 months left on it. As for returning to the UK you dont need any more time on your passport than the day after you will land in the UK.

You can re apply for another UK passport 9 months before it expires and the time remaining will be added to another 10 year passport so you lose nothing.

I know all this to be true as I did enter Turkey with 4 months on a passport and I also applied 9 months before a passport expired to get a renewal.

I checked all this info myself with Turkish consulate and the UK passport office 2 years back to make sure I would not run into any problems.

hope this helps

Crystalclear

petere

UK Passport Expiry Date
why not renew your passport here in turkey before you go to england it is the same price plus a small handling charge, and only takes ten days.
full detail can be found on =fetiye times=
pete

hijo

in my own clique
UK Passport Expiry Date
..confused with that petere .i always thought to renew a uk passpot was 4 times more expensive here:couch2:

Harem

I've cliqued
UK Passport Expiry Date
I don't know about 4 times more expensive, but, yes, it is more expensive to renew a passport outside the UK.

hijo

in my own clique
UK Passport Expiry Date
..biometric passport is £124.50p for a 32 page ..cheaper than i thought to buy in turkey:angel:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom