Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
UK Lottery
This was discussed in another thread but as its the UK and not the Turkish Lottery was considered "off thread" so I've started a new one. It is relevant because i'm sure there are other people living here who play the UK National Lottery online and should they win, may be in for a big disappointment as they may not pay out.

I wrote to the National Lottery asking them to clarify the situation because the term & conditions (like all) were difficult to understand; they advise that you don't but dont say you can't and that you are to assume thats its unlawful.... really clarified the situation!.

If you have a friend or syndicate based in the UK that you use then its ok as long as the ticket is purchased in the UK (online or otherwise).

I will just get my daughter in law to play for me from the UK and when my ship comes in go home and get the cash! :36329ht5b

If anyone knows if the Law in Turkey allows you to play the UK lottery and claim the prize then let us know.

THE REPLY:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your Email dated 04 August 2009.

To play the National Lottery online, you must be a resident of the UK or Isle of Man. When players register to play National Lottery Games online, they agree to comply with the Games Rules and Terms and Conditions. If your circumstances change (for example, you move overseas), under the Rules you are required to inform us – just as you would, for example, notify your insurance company or bank.

It is also important to remember that in, many countries, it is unlawful for anyone to purchase a lottery ticket (and therefore be paid a prize) for any overseas lottery – including the UK National Lottery – which is not authorised there.

With nearly 200 countries in the world and because local laws can – and do – change, we are unable to offer advice to individual players about whether it is lawful to play in a specific country.

However, as the operator of the UK National Lottery, Camelot does not promote the UK National Lottery outside the UK or Isle of Man. For this reason, and because we don’t want anyone to miss out on a prize because they haven’t complied with local laws, we advise people that while travelling abroad they assume it is unlawful for them to buy a lottery ticket online for the UK National Lottery – and only to buy their tickets online while they are actually in the UK or Isle of Man.

If you are travelling overseas for a short period, you can purchase tickets in advance (eight weeks for Lotto, Lotto HotPicks and Thunderball, four weeks for EuroMillions and one week for Daily Play). Alternatively you can play the UK National Lottery with friends and colleagues as part of a syndicate whose Syndicate Manager is located and is playing in the UK. We provide a Syndicate Manager tool at Home | The National Lottery for anyone wishing to set up a syndicate.

I trust that this has clarified the situation for you.

Yours faithfully

Selby Duffield
National Lottery Customer Care Team

trish

UK Lottery
This was discussed in another thread but as its the UK and not the Turkish Lottery was considered "off thread" so I've started a new one. It is relevant because i'm sure there are other people living here who play the UK National Lottery online and should they win, may be in for a big disappointment as they may not pay out.

I wrote to the National Lottery asking them to clarify the situation because the term & conditions (like all) were difficult to understand; they advise that you don't but dont say you can't and that you are to assume thats its unlawful.... really clarified the situation!.

If you have a friend or syndicate based in the UK that you use then its ok as long as the ticket is purchased in the UK (online or otherwise).

I will just get my daughter in law to play for me from the UK and when my ship comes in go home and get the cash! :36329ht5b

If anyone knows if the Law in Turkey allows you to play the UK lottery and claim the prize then let us know.

THE REPLY:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your Email dated 04 August 2009.

To play the National Lottery online, you must be a resident of the UK or Isle of Man. When players register to play National Lottery Games online, they agree to comply with the Games Rules and Terms and Conditions. If your circumstances change (for example, you move overseas), under the Rules you are required to inform us – just as you would, for example, notify your insurance company or bank.

It is also important to remember that in, many countries, it is unlawful for anyone to purchase a lottery ticket (and therefore be paid a prize) for any overseas lottery – including the UK National Lottery – which is not authorised there.

With nearly 200 countries in the world and because local laws can – and do – change, we are unable to offer advice to individual players about whether it is lawful to play in a specific country.

However, as the operator of the UK National Lottery, Camelot does not promote the UK National Lottery outside the UK or Isle of Man. For this reason, and because we don’t want anyone to miss out on a prize because they haven’t complied with local laws, we advise people that while travelling abroad they assume it is unlawful for them to buy a lottery ticket online for the UK National Lottery – and only to buy their tickets online while they are actually in the UK or Isle of Man.

If you are travelling overseas for a short period, you can purchase tickets in advance (eight weeks for Lotto, Lotto HotPicks and Thunderball, four weeks for EuroMillions and one week for Daily Play). Alternatively you can play the UK National Lottery with friends and colleagues as part of a syndicate whose Syndicate Manager is located and is playing in the UK. We provide a Syndicate Manager tool at Home | The National Lottery for anyone wishing to set up a syndicate.

Yours faithfully

Selby Duffield
National Lottery Customer Care Team

Hi lillylilly

I tried to register here with the UK lottery but they wouldn't accept our address. We have registered in our daughter's name (UK address). Allah Allah can you imagine what would happen if we won big time - she's be off on a good old spending spree!

UK Lottery
I wonder how the national lottery would class the standing order's that many people have set up.

Would this be classed as payment from the UK whilst you are on holiday.

And if on holiday does this mean that you are not permitted to recieve any payment.

Last edited:
UK Lottery
Hi everyone, This is something I have been wondering about for quite a while, I play online in Turkey and have won a couple of £10, which was put into my lottery account?? so surely IF I won a large amount (wishfull thinking) they would have to pay out or I could argue the point!!! what do you think??? I did give the english address when I joined but I am more in Turkey now than England.

zozatky

UK Lottery
rafiki How much have you won with e-lottery?Or how long have you been a syndicate member ..702% chance uk lotto 3.600%Euromilliond jockpot.
5 GBP p/w uk 5GBP p/w Euro millions or 17.5p per line uk with Euro millions 12.5p per line sounds better than 1GBP per line in uk.

Last edited:

rafiki

Andy
UK Lottery
Hi zozatky...only joined this week...I'll let you know once I become a millionaire, or there again perhaps I won't!:5:

Peregrine

UK Lottery
if I won a big prize I think I would just nip back to the UK to claim it - yes the flight might be expensive but if you won a few hundred thou you could afford it

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
UK Lottery
This is the Email I recieved after I enquired about this...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your Email dated 21 July 2009.

Yours faithfully

Latest Posts

Top Bottom