ceemac

Shake It Baby...
UK/Ireland Weather
It was times like yesterday that I truly truly am jealous of you lot in Turkey.

It was absolutely atrocious in my part of Ireland all day with high winds and really heavy rain - and it was cold too. Had you suddenly been transported here from somewhere else, you would have put the date down as sometime in November perhaps December.

I do think we all have cause for concern regarding climate change as I don't think our seasons are 'normal' any more.

C (tired, wet, and thoroughly f***ing depressed)

lilacdiana

lilacdiana
UK/Ireland Weather
I second all of that Ceemac!! Have woken this morning and still grey and pretty wet! My garden is like a quagmire at the bottom!! We came back from Turkey last Monday and the weather has been dire ever since!!! Role on Aug 2010!!!!

Di

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
UK/Ireland Weather
I agree with the concern about climate change, yes I know those of you in the UK are envious of those of us living in Turkey and the weather however this year July has been exceptionally hot, we are expecting it to cool down to usual August temperatures in the next few days all I can say is thank goodness for the breeze as without that it really would be unbearable. in the tradition of 'greener grass....' I would love to have rain and a bit of cold weather (but only for a day or so not all summer) lol

Mag

UK/Ireland Weather
Third summer in a row that we have had such a bloody wet summer! I walk quite a bit and wear my rain gear more this time of year than I do in winter..just back from 18 glorious days in Turgutreis, and feel like I'm on another planet!!

bobthenob

Non Active Member
UK/Ireland Weather
l don't know why,but l always thought you were residing in Turkey Ceemacls it really that bad again.l thought last year was atrocious,but the way you explained it,sounds like you better start building an ark and save all the animals

lilacdiana

lilacdiana
UK/Ireland Weather
I put my thermometer outside today and it just struggled to 19 c. And this morning it just poured down!

carolk

R.I.P
UK/Ireland Weather
Craig, :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

It will your turn to laugh in the winter when you have CH and Im freezing!

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
UK/Ireland Weather
Yes it really is awful again Bob. And Carol, I suppose it's good to have central heating in winter but then it's rather depressing when you have to put it on in July....

C

JET

UK/Ireland Weather
I still like to leave my bedroom window open, no matter what, just to enjoy either the cool breeze gently lifting our curtains, or listening to the sound of the wind shaking the branches of the trees outside our garden. The patter of raindrops against our window just stays with me as I drift off in to the land of Nod, feeling warm and totally secure.

pipermam

UK/Ireland Weather
Hi Ceemac, thankfully I'm in Turkey for the summer but I had a text from my daughter back in Ireland and she said the rain was bouncing so hard off the road that she was getting wetter from the ground up!

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
UK/Ireland Weather
She wasn't exaggerating either Piperman although it's beautiful so far this morning...

C

neutral

UK/Ireland Weather
Its not too bad in Dublin at the moment but there is a lot of rain due today and tomorrow.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom