Yogi

Picnic basket raider
UK - Germany (or elsewhere in Europe) - Turkey?
I'm thinking of flying out to Turkey at October half term (I have 2 Kids), as usual the flight costs are proving restrictive. Someone suggested flying to Germany on a low-cost airline (say Easyjet) then flying to Turkey from there (with say Sun Express), has anyone done this before and is it a cheaper option?

I realise that because it would be different airlines we would have to get our luggage and clear customs but we should'nt have too much anyway so this won't be too much of a problem.

I have a place in Akbuk so the nearest airport would be Bodrum, with Izmir not far behind.

Thanks

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
The last person that I know who did it flew from Liverpool to Berlin and then from there to Dalaman for a holiday in Fethiye. They returned using a Dalaman to Istanbul flight and then from Istanbul to Gatwick and a train from there to Liverpool. The total cost for the entire journey was around £220.

However, door to door Liverpool to Fethiye took 19 hours and the return journey took a total of 25 and a half hours.

Whilst you might be able to cut costs for the actual flights you'll probably going to have to hang about quite a bit for connections. Not a lot of fun for you or the kids.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Yogi, how much is restrictive ???

Steve.

zozatky

Try looking at Flythomascook.com they are normal a good starting point .

LezliG

I've booked with easyjet Dalaman to Manchester 22 Oct for £203 inc taxes etc. They were cheaper than Thomas Cook when I booked.
Lesley

geordie_nev

My parents have to travel from Newcastle to Alanya. They often fly Newcastle – Amsterdam – Antalya or Istanbul. I think it’s quite often alot cheaper for them to change flights at Amsterdam.

Yogi

Picnic basket raider
Yogi, how much is restrictive ???

Steve.

We're looking somewhere in the region of £200 - £250 pp which in itself is quite normal but times it by 4 and you're looking between £800 - £1000 for a week in Turkey in October?!?

Like a lot of people at the moment I don't have that kind of money to burn.

Just looking for any cheaper options really as we do want to go.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Look at some of the package deals that are available for the late season. If you've got your own place out here you don't have to use the hotel. Just tell the tour rep on arrival that you're not using it.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Firstly, it would depend upon the quantity of wood available to said woodchuck:

Steve.

kalichick

Hi Yogi,

We did Glasgow- Berlin - Bodrum last sept as it was cheaper than a direct flight. We had a 2 hr 40 min wait in Berlin however the easyjet flight to Berlin was delayed. I cried the whole flight over to Germany thinking we were going to be stranded however made it with enough time to throw a quick beer down in the Irish theme bar in Berlin airport. Phew!
I must admit It was hell at the time but I would not hesitate to do it again if there was enough of a saving to be had. after all.. it's my hard earned cash.

Check out skyscanner.net if you haven't already.

Good luck,
Alex. X

KKOB - Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat

.............or more accurately,

'Semper in faecebus sumus, sole profundum variat'

Latest Posts

Top Bottom