Saoirse

UK Driving Licence Categories
Just got my new UK driving licence and I note I am covered for motorcycle category A but despite checking various websites I get totally contradictory answers as to what this means

On one site it states I can ride a moped up to 125cc but I do not think that's correct. Any ideas?

oldfogy

Just passing through
Just got my new UK driving licence and I note I am covered for motorcycle category A but despite checking various websites I get totally contradictory answers as to what this means

On one site it states I can ride a moped up to 125cc but I do not think that's correct. Any ideas?
That will be correct but only as a Learner with L plates.

It used to be up-to 250cc But that was reduced some time ago.

Saoirse

Lol

Is that what it's for!!! Love it

Would consider getting one just to have full use of my licence!!!

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Blokes of your age returning to motorcycle riding are amongst the highest risk. Especially those with a penchant for the brown liquid.

Saoirse

How dare you sir

I am no bike virgin
I will have you know when in Uzumlu I was Chairman, Secretary and sole member of the local Angels Chapter ( Electric Scooter Division)

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Peppa pig do a lovely pink piggy one , with a matching peppa pig bell on the handlebar , you ring it by twitching peppa's tail .... ooohhh.

Steve

evo80

He must be a 10 per center.

Yes years ago a L plater could ride 250 .Then they started selling 250 Yamaha LC . & suddenly learners were doing 90 mph .lol

As you live in Spain you are supposed to exchange it for a Spanish one after 3 months.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
As you live in Spain you are supposed to exchange it for a Spanish one after 3 months.

If the law is the same as it is here in Turkey, your insurance will not be valid after this period. Here it is six months after you arrive in the country, after this your kasko insurance will not pay out. I am not sure about the traffic insurance (zorunlu).

Saoirse

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing

Suffice to say I currently do NOT need to change to a Spanish licence

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom