Chasey

UK cut aid to China
Can you explain why you were against the finding of human rights organisations in China?

Like you i am sure the Chinese government will be thrilled

UK cut aid to China
Can you explain why you were against the finding of human rights organisations in China?

Like you i am sure the Chinese government will be thrilled

The Chinese Government and Human Rights shouldn’t even be used in the same sentence.

Kanga

R.I.P
UK cut aid to China
There was an absolutely shocking letter from a retired diplomat in the Times this week, I 'm sorry I didn't keep it, but I felt physically sick after reading.
In it he said that part of the systematic incarceration of the Uyghurs and other minority groups was for use as a source of organs for transplant. He said that all the people incarcerated had their blood and tissue typing and DNA recorded as a resource for treatment of other, presumably deserving, Chinese patients, and they were used for live transplant.
If this is true how can we have ANYTHING to do with these awful people in power?
Why isn't there a huge outcry about this?
I now look at everything I buy and reject anything Chinese as far as possible.

I defy anyone reading this to shrug and turn away.

UK cut aid to China
There was an absolutely shocking letter from a retired diplomat in the Times this week, I 'm sorry I didn't keep it, but I felt physically sick after reading.
In it he said that part of the systematic incarceration of the Uyghurs and other minority groups was for use as a source of organs for transplant. He said that all the people incarcerated had their blood and tissue typing and DNA recorded as a resource for treatment of other, presumably deserving, Chinese patients, and they were used for live transplant.
If this is true how can we have ANYTHING to do with these awful people in power?
Why isn't there a huge outcry about this?
I now look at everything I buy and reject anything Chinese as far as possible.

I defy anyone reading this to shrug and turn away.

I read a report from Amnesty International re China. NGOs and the like get nowhere in China.
Seems the world are just content to talk about the atrocities going on there but fail to take any substantial action against those in power.

Chasey

UK cut aid to China
Why on earth are we giving any aid to China ? According to reports, they seem to be able to buy up the world, including vast areas of Africa preventing the planting of much needed crops to sustain the population there. That's a scandal.
You seem to be under the impression that the money simply goes to the government?

It doesent work like that and many NGOs (over 200 apparently?) have come out condeming the move

I am open minded as I have never properly researched it

Jaycey

African Refugee
UK cut aid to China
The Chinese Government and Human Rights shouldn’t even be used in the same sentence.
Why on earth not - surely they are two different things - I very much doubt that human rights organisations are NGOs.

And while we're on the subject IMO Navalny supporters are also deserving of our support.

Hilsjw

UK cut aid to China
Chasey I have no idea where the aid money goes and didn't give the impression that I did. When we were on holiday abroad some years ago the only T.V. station we could watch was CNN. At the time there was yet another famine in Africa. The interviewer on the T.V. was talking to some very intelligent black students from the University of Accra, I think and they were the people who were saying about so much land bought up by the Chinese Government and just sitting on it without using it for crops etc. hence the shortage of food. It was a scandal then, and still is.

Kanga

R.I.P
UK cut aid to China
You seem to be under the impression that the money simply goes to the government?

It doesent work like that and many NGOs (over 200 apparently?) have come out condeming the move

I am open minded as I have never properly researched it
Of course the NGOs etc would protest. how else do they get paid?
The only way we should aid ANY country is by the provision of items needed, such as meds, equipment, etc. China is more than capable of providing for its own population, if they choose. They prefer to run an appalling system where everything is recorded online and the government can (and does), award or with-hold everything according to behaviour.
I support Care International because they believe in educating the needy to become independent and self-supporting. It's no good just buying a subsistence farmer a tractor, once it goes wrong it wont be used again, but show them how to become a mechanic and you change the picture. They also use donations to make small loans to people, often women, to start their own businesses, and eventually the loan is repaid, to the donor or re-allocated to another borrower. So far I've seen mothers able to start small street cafes, buy sewing machine and make clothes; and buy chickens for egg . Also, given the changing climate and pressures on land and resources; if we dont help people become self-sufficient in their own countries they will migrate to other areas, putting pressures on infrastructures that cannot always cope..

UK cut aid to China
Why on earth not - surely they are two different things - I very much doubt that human rights organisations are NGOs.

And while we're on the subject IMO Navalny supporters are also deserving of our support.

Are you having a laugh or what? NGOs get nowhere in China apart from being arrested or kicked out of the country.
China listens to nobody when it comes to the running of their country. Ask the WHO how they got on with China and Covid.....

Navalny isn’t the subject unless he’s been transferred to a prison in China.

Jaycey

African Refugee
UK cut aid to China
Are you having a laugh or what? NGOs get nowhere in China apart from being arrested or kicked out of the country.
All the more reason to support the oppressed.
China listens to nobody when it comes to the running of their country. Ask the WHO how they got on with China and Covid.....
WHO? Covid? Connection to topic is unclear.
Navalny isn’t the subject unless he’s been transferred to a prison in China.
The current topic is giving aid to humanitarian protest groups so well on topic. If I am wrong on this I am open to correction by a Mod.

UK cut aid to China
All the more reason to support the oppressed.

WHO? Covid? Connection to topic is unclear.

The current topic is giving aid to humanitarian protest groups so well on topic. If I am wrong on this I am open to correction by a Mod.

No it isn’t, it’s about China. We know you like to introduce Russia into everything but I can assure you, this thread is about China.
The treatment of the WHO over their investigation into Covid in China is no different to the run around NGOs get in that country......they get nowhere.

Jaycey

African Refugee
UK cut aid to China
No it isn’t, it’s about China. We know you like to introduce Russia into everything but I can assure you, this thread is about China.
The treatment of the WHO over their investigation into Covid in China is no different to the run around NGOs get in that country......they get nowhere.
You aren’t great on the Q & A thing.
Try to practice a little but start small, maybe there’s a suitable rock in your garden.
Hope this helps.

UK cut aid to China
The West are dreaming if they think they can somehow change China.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom