dalyansteve

UK Consular news.
Anyone who thought they are registered with the British Consulate, think again! We are all expected to re-register through the Locate service and still log on at least once a year to keep registered, this also applies to so-called wardens.
"2 years ago I convinced something like 650 people to register with Fethiye Consulate" It now seems that only 150 people are now listed and this is just for Dalyan. I bet some smartass from Eton or somewhere like that thought this would be a good idea!

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
UK Consular news.
Why would anyone want to register ? What are the advantages ?

dalyansteve

UK Consular news.
I think there is a real life scene, in Vietnam or somewhere, where there is one airplane to repatriate 250 citizens and there are 3,000 trying to get on it! There are other reasons, like if you are involved in an accident and you need to get hold of next of kin, should there be a massive natural dissaster the Uk have teams of people on standby to go any where in the world to respond, why should they bother if as far as they know there are only a few brits there.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
UK Consular news.
Simple if you have an accident they know who to contact

I have details of NOK and ICE on me, in my phone and in my passport. Sorry, I still don't see what use it is to register with them. I just think it's another branch of the UK's Big Brother scheme.

dalyansteve

UK Consular news.
As far as I can see the only people who would not want to register are those with something to hide or are trying to drop of the planet, OK I cannot think of many realy good reasons to register, especialy as they keep losing or deliteing the information.

essie

UK Consular news.
As far as I can see the only people who would not want to register are those with something to hide or are trying to drop of the planet, OK I cannot think of many realy good reasons to register, especialy as they keep losing or deliteing the information.
I received the following e-mail from the Bodrum Consulate,I have lived here nearly 13years and have 're-registered' several times...better safe than sorry.........

August 2009

BRITISH NATIONALS. ONLINE CONSULAR REGISTRATION – LOCATE

The British Honorary Consulate Bodrum would like to inform you that the FCO has now set up a new, improved, online registration service called LOCATE for British nationals travelling or living abroad to register themselves with the FCO.

In order to use LOCATE, you will need to register separately. But you will only need to register once. British Nationals who are either resident in or visiting any country abroad, whether for business or pleasure, should register their details online. The registration details will remain on LOCATE. Details of your visits or residence abroad will not remain after their end date. LOCATE will accept details of travel abroad up to one year ahead. Please note that an existing subscription to the FCO’s Online Services will not allow access to LOCATE.

We are confident that this new service will improve our ability to provide help in crisis situations and reduce delay and worry in times of stress for family and friends at home.

The British Honorary Consulate Bodrum would strongly urge British Nationals in Bodrum to register their details on LOCATE. Even if you have registered with the Embassy before you should re-register using the new system as soon as possible to ensure you have access and the ability to update your own records.

I very much hope that you will register/re-register your details on LOCATE – Travel & living abroad and click on LOCATE.

You can also access LOCATE through the link on the British Embassy, Ankara website: The British Embassy in Turkey UK in Turkey and proceeding to Services followed by Consular Registration.

Kind Regards

Deniz Suleimen

juco

UK Consular news.
I just think it's another branch of the UK's Big Brother scheme.

I agree, my children know where I am and thats good enough for me.

Uk public do not realise how the control over them is slowly tightening.

REDDERS

UK Consular news.
I agree, my children know where I am and thats good enough for me.

Yes,your kids know where you are,but if at the worst you died over here,except for the polis finding your details how do they know who your next of kin is & their contact details,especially if like most people you have not filled in the back of your passport with next of kin details.

martin..

Last edited by a moderator:

teresa

Free Thinker
UK Consular news.
I registered once and then received an e-mail saying that it was necessary to do this on an annual basis. I think that perhaps making sure a feww friends and neighbours have an emergency number and/or address for your family contacts is a good idea.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom