UK and back on different airlines?
Hi - don't know if anyone can help. We met two separate people in Turkey last year who had got really good flight deals by buying one-way tickets with 2 different carriers. Has anyone else done this? If so, could you give any tips and hints (and pitfalls if applicable). We are flying to Bodrum in October.

Fingers crossed

Dolly

Sara-666

we've done it lots, we book single flights even when travelling with say easy jet both ways as we only want 1 hold bag going and say 3 coming back, even this saves money. Check with all carriers, pick out their best prices then try and match up 2 flight dates that suit you

Sara

dngood

Use a site like Skyscanner.net to help you find the best flights; it graphically shows you the flights from each airline to any destination. Simply pick the flights that are best for you, and ignore which airline their with!

The guide here will show you how to get the best from Skyscanner:
Skyscanner

I hope this helps,

Dave.

Thanks all! Very useful. No problem with booking to Turkey but can't seem to find anywhere where you can just book the flight back from Turkey. Am I missing something? Thanks Dolly

trish

Thanks all! Very useful. No problem with booking to Turkey but can't seem to find anywhere where you can just book the flight back from Turkey. Am I missing something? Thanks Dolly

As suggested above use skyscanner it's quite a nifty website or just navigate to flythomascook - plenty of flights back from Turkey. I always book one-way flights sometimes with different airlines.

v6cod

Living in Okcular
You can book with flythomascook one way from turkey to the UK.

Also try KTHY - Kibris Türk Hava Yollari this is the website of Cyprus Turkish Airlines and they don't show up on skyscanner. (You beat me to it Alan!!!)

You can also try Aegean Flights which you can book one way flights through with Onur Air

Last edited by a moderator:

CJD

I book singles most of the time and for a few reasons
1. we need baggage going out not coming back
2. Dont always know how long we can stay
3. better prices,times, dates.

But there are a few times of the year when it can be tricky
October is one of them, because most of the flights finish at
the end of October and half term falls towards the end of October
the costs are usually high for the return journey because there are
fewer/no seats available
you may be able to get round this by flying out at the end of October
very cheaply on one of the last flights, we got one for £36+taxes last year
then returning with pegasus from Bodrum to Istanbul then easy jet or
pegasus from Istanbul back to the uk.

Once again - thanks to all for your help - this is great forum with lovely helpful people - all stars!

JET

Used EasyJet from Edinburgh to connect with Aegean flight to Bodrum outward and a Thomas Cook, Bodrum to Gatwick return; unfortunately we bought Duty Free alcohol on board the TC flight which was then confiscated by the EasyJet Security hand luggage authority; who held it aloft as if to display the capture of one of Britains `most wanted` (despite it being wrapped in the see though container bags used by the TC cabin staff). I wish that I had just dropped the bottles on the airport floor to wipe the smirk off his face.

Other than that - no problem.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom