ceemac

Shake It Baby...
U2 To Rock Istanbul In 2010
Legendary rock band U2 is set to give a concert in Istanbul on Sept. 6, 2010, at the Ataturk Olympic Stadium, the band said in a statement posted on its Web site. The date of the concert was announced just hours after Bono pledged to include Istanbul in the band's tour list in a brief meeting with State Minister Egemen Bagis in New York. Hurriyet Daily News

C

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Saw them at the only footie stadium in Manchester during their last tour. Wicked night, and true class :)

Smiler

Istanbul next on the Bono crusade list!!
Saw them in 87 on the Joshua Tree tour. Amazing at the time, can't get excited about them these days.

McDHibs

Saw them at Edinburgh Playhouse yonks ago (joshua Tree Tour I Think) they were Cr*p.

I cant understand how Bono thinks that because he writes a few pop songs that gives him a political voice. He needs to shut up and do what he is (allegedly) good at and well paid for and write more pop songs and leave saving the world to the people that know what they are doing (allegedly). If he is that concerned about banishing the debt etc put his money where his mouth is.

Deposited one cat amongst said pigeons

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Feckin right - why doesn't he just go and live in the rain forest with Sting - two of 'em could hug trees together...

C

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Have to say never been a fan of U2, bono is too far up his own backside, and very smug with it too.

While I can understand those that do not like the political posturing of some rocks stars - don't let that get in the way of a fantastic night out....

I am now 50 and during the 70s/80s/90s went to lots of gigs including most of the 'big name' bands. I went to see U2 at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff a month or so a go with my 17 year old son and this was, by far, the best gig I have ever attended. Being close to the front and with the current stage set up plus 80,000 brilliant fans, it was bordering on a religious experience.

I like U2 and know most of their stuff but don't count myself an massive fan, but love Bono or hate him, live they are a must see. I am already looking at ways to fit the family holiday in around the Istanbul gig next year !

I.S.

Attachments

• The Edge - Cardiff09.jpg
    The Edge - Cardiff09.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Bono - Cardiff09.jpg
    Bono - Cardiff09.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 7
  • U2 Ultraviolet.jpg
    U2 Ultraviolet.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 7

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
I ve seen them twice, would love to go and see them in Istanbul...........hint hint hubby!!!

Saoirse

Saw them at Edinburgh Playhouse yonks ago (joshua Tree Tour I Think) they were Cr*p.

I cant understand how Bono thinks that because he writes a few pop songs that gives him a political voice. He needs to shut up and do what he is (allegedly) good at and well paid for and write more pop songs and leave saving the world to the people that know what they are doing (allegedly). If he is that concerned about banishing the debt etc put his money where his mouth is.

Deposited one cat amongst said pigeons

couldnt agree more

hes a self opinionated ****

Latest Posts

Top Bottom