MJL

U.K. passport renewal
Hello all you lovely people, I’m needing to pick your brains ! I’ve had to send off my passport for renewal from Turkey to the U.K.,it finally arrived yesterday to the passport office , yippee ! Then several newspapers posted this article this morning.

now, has anyone recently done this themselves? How long did it take for your new one to arrive back in Turkey, squeaky bum time for me as I need to renew my residency permit late December/early January

thank you all

Mushroom

U.K. passport renewal
I don't know how long it will take to get a UK passport to Turkey but my daughter recently renewed hers in the UK for delivery in the UK.
The application was completed within the week but the delivery by TNT took another 2 weeks with two failed delivery dates.
The firm are useless.

Reactions: MJL

Akasya

Postless Pointer
U.K. passport renewal
I used Royal mail tracked international , had it in Turkey next day , took PTT two weeks to clear customs and deliver but the uk Post Office tracked it at every juncture , fab by the PO .
Steve

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
U.K. passport renewal
Hello all you lovely people, I’m needing to pick your brains ! I’ve had to send off my passport for renewal from Turkey to the U.K.,it finally arrived yesterday to the passport office , yippee ! Then several newspapers posted this article this morning.

now, has anyone recently done this themselves? How long did it take for your new one to arrive back in Turkey, squeaky bum time for me as I need to renew my residency permit late December/early January

thank you all
We got ours in 2 weeks

Kanga

U.K. passport renewal
From today's newspaper reports the problem appears to be largely delivery within the UK, not abroad. The Passport Office is not using Royal Mail for delivery, they have an exclusive contract with TNT, owned by FedEx. It seems TNT cannot cope. They don't even answer the helpline phone. Some people are so desperate they've been driving round to the TNT depots to look for their new passports. The contract is a 3 year one for £77million.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom