carolk

R.I.P
Twitchy curser?
All of a sudden my curser has started darting all over the place on its own!! Whats going on?. Help needed please! :attention

Martyn

Twitchy curser?
Is it a laptop Carol or a desktop? If it's a laptop is it the pad or an external mouse. Try a usb mouse or another mouse. Those keypads can play up, on my last two laptops I've had problems.

Martyn

Twitchy curser?
I don't know much about the pads themselves but I do know they can play up. Mine was because the board was flexing so a new usb mouse will solve the problem. I doubt it's a driver problem, you could reinstall the driver. I take it you tried a reboot? I used to be able to get it to work by flexing the base on the diagonals but I wouldn't recommend it on your own laptop. Mine was a company one.

juco

Twitchy curser?
Couple of things,
try a system restore...and try an external mousse and see if that cures it.

ted j

Twitchy curser?
Just tried googling it in Carol, not much help but if you can access synaptics pointing device (if it's on your taskbar, right click it and select "properties") see if moving the slider to the left (to make it slower) on pointer options helps (if it doesn't, you can always reset it ) . Ted. ps, if it's a dell, it seems to be a common problem

Last edited:

mallin

mal mc cullough
Twitchy curser?
it is very simple to resolve.remove the curser carefully.very carefully now.once this is done take a hammer to it and enjoy then go to your local computer store tomorrow and replace.the satisfaction you feel will be immense..malachi

ted j

Twitchy curser?
Did that with a radio alarm clock that didn't go off 3 times in a week many years ago, Mal , took it outside into the back yard and took a hammer to it (the feeling of "there you go bugger, you won't do that again") was IMMENSE !

Twitchy curser?
mine does that sometimes..ive always thought there was a hacker on line..switched it off and started again....but thats my paranoia showing

maggie

Twitchy curser?
mine does that sometimes..ive always thought there was a hacker on line..switched it off and started again....but thats my paranoia showing

Ive allways thought the same when my little arrow starts leaping about the screen.

See Shirley great minds think alike.

Hugs Maggie xxx:slapme:

ted j

Twitchy curser?
You mean like this..[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLuUXPb_YzY]YouTube - DTV - Leapy Lee - Little Arrows[/ame]

mallin

mal mc cullough
Twitchy curser?
Did that with a radio alarm clock that didn't go off 3 times in a week many years ago, Mal , took it outside into the back yard and took a hammer to it (the feeling of "there you go bugger, you won't do that again") was IMMENSE !

absolutely agree with you there.and funny enough the more expensive the item is the greater the satisfaction.total stress relief.
i reckon we could be on to a great idea if we could get a patent on it.....the devils den here i come with me hammer

M

Mack

Twitchy curser?
Sometimes it helps to turn off the "enhance pointer precision" tick box which stops cursor creep. go to CONTROL PANEL > MOUSE > POINTER OPTIONS TAB > UNCHECK TICK BOX.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom