ken

TV from home
I'm having difficulty finding a 32" lcd tv for a reasonable price so i was thinking of bringing one from the UK along with a dvd player. A friend told me that the tv may not work in Turkey, although I only want to use it with a dvd player. Also, can I bring it with me as luggage.? Are there any extra charges for this.?

TV from home
TV will work ok & you will most likely get hit with taxes & I am not sure if you need residents permit to bring it into Turkey.

chelsea boy

Dun Goat Herding!
TV from home
just bought 32 inch tv from Izmir...900 ytl...toshiba to boot. You will pay a large tax on tvs and dvd players in turkey...best buy them here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Number6

TV from home
Wouldn’t recommend buying in the uk as the tax you will have to pay makes them more expensive than Turkey. If you can get to somewhere like Ankara or any big city electrical goods are a lot cheaper than they are around the costal regions.

TV from home
Buy one in Turkey and avoid the worry about it getting smashed in transity by the careful baggage handlers once its been marked Fragile, and also the hassle and cost if they clobber you for import duties etc at the Turkish airport end. You will also find in general better guarantee periods on electrical goods bought here as part of the price. Most washing machines etc which only have one year basic cover have at two years here for exactly the same product. Sony Bravia LCD TVs also come with a 5yr guarantee here, but whatever the guarantee period at least its here in Turkey as opposed to trying to make a claim for a UK purchased one in Turkey.

TV from home
Hello
I bought a dvd player out and kettle and cd player in my luggage as they were spare here in the UK . They made it ok and are now in my holiday home in Turkey. But much better to buy heavy goods in Turkey.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
TV from home
HI i bought my TV in Turkey but brought a small dvd player with me last year as i couldn.t read Turkish instructions !! My Husband sent me a text in Turkish to show to customs asking did i need to pay anything . customs said NO ! i.ve been many times brought a kettle in my hand luggage so they could see it . and once a sandwich maker from tesco on offer £5 Go to IATA website it tells you what you can and can.t bring To Turkey . Have a nice time

TV from home
Oh yes I have also bought from UK a Lean Mean Grilling Machine, toaster, hairdryer, drill, sandwich toaster, just put in suitcase and risked it, but was never stopped, all these things were spare, Mum gave me etc before moving abroad, so I thought might aswell try and take to Turkey rather than rebuy.

moortenerife

moortenerife
TV from home
i have just come back from side yesterday after furnishing an apartment there, we shopped around antalya for amongst other things a 32" LCD TV, the cheapest one we saw was for 1165 tl, however on the way back we went into migros and they had one for 699 tl, which we bought. my husband set it up when we got back to the apartment and the picture quality is much better than the one we have in england, that cost more than double the amount. i dont know how long the offer is on for, but, i believe they always have tv's at reasonable prices.

ken

TV from home
Cheers guys. Thanks for all the advice/comments. You've been a big help. I'll definitely buy in Turkey.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom