merlin

Turkish Wines....
Heres a nice English link on Turkish wines albeit from one of the largest suppliers/wholesalers in Turkey.

http://www.kavaklidere.com/iindex.asp

Almost all wholesalers will sell direct to the public if you can get a decent size personal or collective order together.....

Just locate your local office and approach them.

worth thinking about ;) and can save a small fortune!

Merv!
[:p]

Mag

Turkish Wines....
Oh! I love my glass of wine! Villa Doluca is one of my favourite white wines. I also like Sultayne (not sure of spelling!) and Angora. It took me a while to find ones I liked as some of them are quite bitter!

Mag

Gail

Turkish Wines....
I like some of them but like Mag I have found a couple of bottles of vinegar[:I] I had a lovely one on the plane but forgot the name of it:(

Gail :)

Turkish Wines....
I like wine with meals and I currently drink mostly California wines. I was wondering what kind of wines they had in Turkey. Here in USA I can get wines from all over the world very easily and for good prices. I like best the fruity reds like Italian Chianti but also like California Pinot Noir and Merlot/Cabernet blends. Occasionaly I drink sweet whites like Reisling. I am hoping to do some tasting of the different varieties in Turkey so whomever has their favorites please post them for me and tell me if dry, fruity, sweet...etc. Umit and I once took a wine tour up in Sonoma Valley up in Northern California, it was beautiful and the wineries there had beautiful architechture. We took a mud bath in Calistoga, but didn't like it much (too sulfuric smelly) but the massage was great. I am hoping to do a wine tours in Turkey someday when I'm living there semi-permanently and I found a website that gives complete tours including them:
http://www.turkishwinetours.com/

What is the best turkish wine to go with Aegean fish? Turkish cuisine?
Karen

gezmek

Regular guy
Turkish Wines....
How do Turkish wines stack up against the wines of nearby Bulgaria and Romania?

So far I have been disappointed with Turkish wines but maybe I have selected poorly...[xx(]

Turkish Wines....
Umit says he remembers the wine called Dikman, must be one in the same. Ok, I've started a list. Too bad I'm only allowed two liters coming into Turkey. I wish I could bring a whole case of California wine.
Karen

Gooker

Turkish Wines....
Hello,
I live in the United States and I'm trying to purchase a bottle of Villa Doluce Rose that my boyfriend fell in love with while he was in Turkey last month. I've had no success in finding anyone who can ship me one. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom