nanoo

Turkish will
Can anyone tell me roughly how much it costs to have a will drawn up in Turkey,tried to look for a thread but I'm not getting very far.I intend to sort it out when I'm over in Didim in October.Thanks

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
Turkish will
Özge Çil is based near Şehir Lokanta in the centre of Didim. Her English is excellent and she has informed me that she charges 300TL (£125) for a single Will, 500TL (£208) per couple. This includes discussing your requirements and how the ‘reserved portion’ of Turkish law may affect you; helping you to write your Will; getting said Will translated to Turkish; providing you and your heirs with a copy of the Will; keeping a copy of the Will until it is required.

When a death occurs, she will take the Will to the Judge for approval and then after approval, onto the Notary for official stamping. The Will can then be used at the Tapu office.

If you would like Özge’s contact details, please PM me.

parrot

Turkish will
Özge Çil is based near Şehir Lokanta in the centre of Didim. Her English is excellent and she has informed me that she charges 300TL (£125) for a single Will, 500TL (£208) per couple. This includes discussing your requirements and how the ‘reserved portion’ of Turkish law may affect you; helping you to write your Will; getting said Will translated to Turkish; providing you and your heirs with a copy of the Will; keeping a copy of the Will until it is required.

When a death occurs, she will take the Will to the Judge for approval and then after approval, onto the Notary for official stamping. The Will can then be used at the Tapu office.

If you would like Özge’s contact details, please PM me.

This is something we have been thinking about for a long time but our cynisism outweighs our trust in the Turkish judiciary.Why can't the approvals required from the judge and the notary be done before death which to us would be more assuring than after death at the probable wim of these people.Having seen how slow the Turkish legal system moves and how it is always slanted in favour of Turks we don't want to leave our family any problems in this respect.We think we will revert to plan A sell up,hopefully before this becomes an issue.

Last edited:

teresa

Free Thinker
Turkish will
It is confusing I agree, our will was notorised when it was drawn up. I have given up on wills to be honest, I have one in the UK and one in Turkey and I have no faith that the Turkish one will be of much use, other than to possibly get things done quicker - but not the way we want them done.

However, that said, I am still glad we have a Turkish will.

Any money we have will be kept in the UK and dealt with quickly an efficiently under UK law.

Turkish will
Our will was translated and notarised when it was drawn up which we understood was a legal requirement. But as always maybe somebody knows different.

Veronica

juco

Turkish will
The arguement will go on for ever do you need or don`t you need a will in Turkey.
There are too many conflicting views on this and like others I wouldn`t trust the Turkish sytem even if I had one. Like a previous poster said the best option is try and sell up before the `big day`
Knowing all the other scams the Turkish laywers get up to it wouldn`t surprise me if they know damn well the piece of paper they have drawn up and call a will will be useless in the event of.....
Unfortunately we won`t know the final outcome!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom