SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Turkish twins with different fathers 'trigger divorce'
ANKARA (AFP) - A Turkish man decided to divorce his wife after DNA tests showed he was the father of only one of their twin boys, the mass-circulation Sabah newspaper reported Friday.

Suspicious that his wife had been unfaithful the security guard from Istanbul identified only as A.K., had DNA tests performed on the three-year-olds.

The tests established with a 99.99-percent certainty that he was the father of only one of the boys, Sabah reported, adding that the result was confirmed by a forensic medicine institute upon the request of the court handling the ongoing divorce case.

The mother, identified as C.K., had maintained a relationship with a lover she had dated before her family forced her to marry A.K., the daily said.

The phenomenon of twins with different fathers -- known scientifically as heteropaternal superfecundation -- is very rare in humans, though more common in animals such as cats and dogs.

It becomes possible in rare circumstances when a woman produces two ova in one menstrual cycle, explained to AFP Professor Rusen Aytac, head of the gynaecology department at Ankara University's medical faculty.

"And if this woman has sexual intercourses with two different men at short intervals, this can result in a twin pregnancy, with each egg carrying a different genetic material," he said.

A.K. kept the boy he had fathered and disowned the other one, which ended up in a state care institution, Sabah said.

C.K., for her part, has received death threats both from her own and her husband's family and secured a court order preventing relatives from coming within 500 metres (yards) of her, it added.

Bob

Tess

I too feel for the poor boys, one with his father and the other put in care. I wonder why the other boys Mother cannot care for him, was he taken off her do you think and is it commonplace for the man to take the boy whom he fathered. I am confused in places. My biggest upset is for the two little boys who done nothing wrong and yet they cannot be together. Very very sad to me where children are involved.

sasa

Pimp My Sasha!
That's exactly what i was thinking of Zuber when i read this..

The 2 boys were in all probability brought up as "brothers" and 3 years down the line they're split up with the disowned child going into care..just terrible!

Such a shame the husband couldn't see it in his heart to bring up both boys as his own as perhaps he did so before the DNA revelations? Or is there a huge stigma attached to this notion here in Turkey?

Saoirse

I dont understand it

are they technically full brothers or half brothers

Tess

I would imagine technically they would be half brothers - same Mother and different Fathers. I am not presuming that is correct but how I would see it.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
They would be twin (because they were born together) half brothers.....don't see that very often. This is what can happen when forced marriage cultures do what they do. The woman was obviously in love with the first man and not her husband, but had no choice. Now both her famlies want to KILL her for christ sake......shaking my head but once again. Poor brothers should be together.

Bob

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
There was a case in the usa of a woman who gave birth to twins , one coloured one white , in that case there was no need for DNA , and the couple stayed together and reared both kids as this was the result of a drunken xmas party fling ,

In the case of the Turkish babies the parents are to blame for forcing her to marry a man she did not love , this is purely the result of arranged marriages , as for the 500 hundred meters bit she'd be better off 500 hundred miles away ,
.The part thats really terrible is the fact this man accepted and reared both babies as his own , he must be a heartless person to allow one to be taken into care , you cannot turn love on and off like a tap , but thats what he has done , and its unbelieveable anyone could do that to babies and seperate them when they have been together since conception , ......................Diane

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
I may get some flak here but if you can marry someone you don't even know then that alone says alot. Marriage is supposed to be a union of love, not an agreement of convience. I think if this man honestly loved this woman he would have possibly seen a way to keep the family together. As it was a forced marriage, there was probably never any real love between them and the man couldn't have been bothered raising the child that was not his blood. Why after three years did he think it was necessary to have a DNA test done?

Bob

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Because as you said there was no love between them , and he probably knew about the other man and if the babies didn't look alike or have simlar features he then had a reason to end this loveless marriage , My bet is he has found someone else too !! but of course that won't come out in court yet ........Diane

Last edited:

Saoirse

I am not getting this

Surely he cant be expected to bring up someone elses kid?

Guz1

Suppose it's out of the question for the biological father to take responsibility for his son. As the song says "Where is love"? No doubt the unwanted child will grow up asking the same question.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
I am not getting this

Surely he cant be expected to bring up someone elses kid?

It's a tough one isn't it. I am thinking if I loved that child as my own for the first three years of it's live, I don't think I could give up on that child. I honestly don't think my love for him could stop.....true love has no boundaries or exemptions. I know it's not his, but he raised it as his.

I can't blame him, I just don't think I could do what he did.

Bob

Do you have any kids Philip?

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:

carolk

R.I.P
It would take a wonderful man to continue to bring up the child as his own that, is not his biological child. Thank goodness the world is full of these wonderful men and women who bring up and love children that are not theirs (biologically). Shame on the whole set up in this case. Only that poor child is the looser, he must wonder what he has done.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble

My GOD man...must have been a ton of power outages in your neck of the woods eh...lol. Congrats....no wonder you can't see things as a normal person....JOKINGGGGGGGGGG....LOL. 7 kids ...wow...you done yet?...LOL

Bob

Latest Posts

Top Bottom