Baba Moss

Turkish Tourist visa
Hi to All,
Can someone please give me clarity on the Tourist visa. If I was to use my ninety days within the specific date, how long would I have to remain outside Turkey until I am able to return again.
Thanks in advance,
Baba Moss.

juco

Turkish Tourist visa
Re: Tourist visa:

If you PM me your email address I can send you a visa calculator that will work it out for you. (works from excel spreadsheet)

Duke

Turkish Tourist visa

I believe I'm correct in saying if you've used up 90 days then you must leave for at least 90 days before you can return unless you apply for a residents permit
Duke

One of the silliest rules ever devised !!! People used to be able to pop across to Kos for a day trip get a new stamp on passport which gave you another 90 days .. So now we the spending public can only spend our money & add to Turkeys economy for three months whereas before we spent double the dosh or even treble in some cases !!! Who in their right mind stops visitors spending MORE ??

Hilsjw

Turkish Tourist visa

You are SO correct Duke. Because of the 90 day rule we spend much less time in Turkey, instead we spend our money in other countries abroad. They are always pleased for us to spend with them instead !!

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Turkish Tourist visa

I think the 90 in 180 days mirrors the rules for people taking out a Shengen visa for Europe.

Freedom 49

No fun if it's too easy!
Turkish Tourist visa

I believe I'm correct in saying if you've used up 90 days then you must leave for at least 90 days before you can return unless you apply for a residents permit
Duke

One of the silliest rules ever devised !!! People used to be able to pop across to Kos for a day trip get a new stamp on passport which gave you another 90 days .. So now we the spending public can only spend our money & add to Turkeys economy for three months whereas before we spent double the dosh or even treble in some cases !!! Who in their right mind stops visitors spending MORE ??

I agree with you when you talk about visitors spending.
However, I always understood that this 90 days in 180 was brought in to stop endless people that were working illegally from popping over to a Greek Island for the day, only to return to work in day-trip tour offices, emlaks, restaurants etc.
Those people took far more out of Turkey Tax-Free, than ever they put in.

Many of those people have bitten the bullet and, although they are still working illegally, have taken a residency visa without problem and at little expense. Possibly, it won't be too long before those that have earned 'Permanent' residency will be able to work legally. Then both they and Turkey will benefit.

McB

Turkish Tourist visa
91 days... until such time as you have spent 88 days inside, within the last 180...then on the 89th day its time to leave again...DONT wait to leave on the 90 th day..

lippy

Turkish Tourist visa

I agree with you when you talk about visitors spending.
However, I always understood that this 90 days in 180 was brought in to stop endless people that were working illegally from popping over to a Greek Island for the day, only to return to work in day-trip tour offices, emlaks, restaurants etc.
Those people took far more out of Turkey Tax-Free, than ever they put in.

Many of those people have bitten the bullet and, although they are still working illegally, have taken a residency visa without problem and at little expense. Possibly, it won't be too long before those that have earned 'Permanent' residency will be able to work legally. Then both they and Turkey will benefit.

Is it still as hard to get a work permit here,whereas years ago you could not get a work permit unless you were highly skilled doing a job a Turkish person couldn't,has it become easier,can anyone elaborate.

Turkish Tourist visa

Is it still as hard to get a work permit here,whereas years ago you could not get a work permit unless you were highly skilled doing a job a Turkish person couldn't,has it become easier,can anyone elaborate.

The short answer is yes, it's still hard, and no, it's not easier. Some professions are still barred to foreigners, Medicine/health care for example, and companies still have to meet the parameters, employing 5 Turks to 1 foreigner for example. Teaching English is still the main opportunity but regulations re qualifications have been increased. It's still possible to find teaching jobs with basic qualifications in some of the private schools, but many don't provide a work permit despite advertising that they do. It's also common for these schools to refuse to pay the salary owed, and then inform the employee that they're working illegally and have no redress.

Unemployment, particularly among the 18-25 age group, is rising, and so employment of foreigners is likely to decrease. Quite rightly, in my opinion, given that 1,000's of well educated young graduates hit the job market every year and find it increasingly difficult to enter into employment commensurate with their qualifications.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom