esb1841

Turkish residency
Hi, It's the rules about the value of your property that worries me ,our appartment in kussdasi is not worth the amount they say, I think it says it has to be worth around 70,000 usd, my wife and I will be so upset if it is true. Just have to Hope and pray things change again, or does not effect us ,fingers crossed.
Have you checked the real estate ads for Kusadasi 99.9% of apartments are all over 70,000 USD some are over 100,000 USD there are a couple of 1 bedroom apartments for below 70,000 usd but there are in the middle of nowehere

Kanga

Turkish residency
Hi Scotty, our RPs expired during covid when we couldn't renew. We came out this April on the usual 3 month visa, and applied for new RPs a month before we left, at the end of June. All first time and renewal of EXPIRED RPs now only get a 6 month tourist RP in a new rule since May 7th. (Renewal of valid existing RPs is not affected).
They were issued in a week and dated to the application date, NOT the date of entry to Turkey. This has given us 8.5 months access to Turkey which is plenty for us.
The cost is based on US $, $25 for the first month and $5 per month thereafter. The cost hasn't changed in years but is paid in TL, and subject to $/TL exchange rate fluctuations.

Turkish residency
Hi Scotty, our RPs expired during covid when we couldn't renew. We came out this April on the usual 3 month visa, and applied for new RPs a month before we left, at the end of June. All first time and renewal of EXPIRED RPs now only get a 6 month tourist RP in a new rule since May 7th. (Renewal of valid existing RPs is not affected).
They were issued in a week and dated to the application date, NOT the date of entry to Turkey. This has given us 8.5 months access to Turkey which is plenty for us.
The cost is based on US $, $25 for the first month and $5 per month thereafter. The cost hasn't changed in years but is paid in TL, and subject to $/TL exchange rate fluctuations.
Thank you so much Kanga, very helpful and peace of mind for us.

enoch

Turkish residency
Hi, I just put this news on google translate and looked serious impact to foreigners including me. Has anyone heard about this? Is this 'kaldirildi' only for these area or entire turkey?
We have all been talking about this a couple of days the new list of names are on it but we think it's for new Rp. Not for people who are registered as living in Turkey now, only new applicants.
I've just read the last paragraph of the post I'm not sure that's on the other post about 21 April 2022 about must own a property. Maybe it's the way it's been translated.

Last edited:

sunn

Turkish residency
Thanks Enoch. My wife and I currently live in Antalya and my residency expires at the end of October. We are planning to move to Denizli which is a different province. As far as I know I have to apply as a new applicant. Do you think this affect us?

esb1841

Turkish residency
Foreigners will no longer be able to rent in some neighborhoods in 15 districts in Istanbul and 2 districts in Antalya, which are most affected by foreign migration. Such a decision was taken based on the article of the law, as foreigners constitute more than 20 percent of the total population in some districts.
It seems to be stating that in the areas that have more than 20% foreign population renters will no longer have a RP approved

sunn

Turkish residency
Thanks esb1841. So you mean this is only for the neighborhoods listed above. If I move to the neighborhood not listed above MAY not be affected?

esb1841

Turkish residency
Thanks Enoch. My wife and I currently live in Antalya and my residency expires at the end of October. We are planning to move to Denizli which is a different province. As far as I know I have to apply as a new applicant. Do you think this affect us?
% Number of foreigners in Denizli Province in 2020 was 1.2%

They are looking at area's where the foreign population is 20%

esb1841

Turkish residency
STOÇ Businessmen's Association Board Member Şenay Vehicle Demir stated that new foreigners cannot rent in 15 districts in Istanbul and 2 districts in Antalya, which are most affected by foreign migration, and that this situation will balance the rental prices.
Now the landlords will not be able to raise the prices any more by saying that I can rent or sell them to foreigners for whatever price I want.
However, foreigners who have obtained their title deeds before should not worry, because they will be able to continue to receive residence permit renewals,” Demir said.

It seems its new foreigners law is aim at

sunn

Turkish residency
I know I have to buy over 75k USD to get a residency as a property owner category, but I would like to buy less than that and apply as a tourism category. The property will be my principal residence. Is it still available? Is a foreigner still allowed to buy a house less than 75k USD in big cities?

REDDERS

Turkish residency
I know I have to buy over 75k USD to get a residency as a property owner category, but I would like to buy less than that and apply as a tourism category. The property will be my principal residence. Is it still available? Is a foreigner still allowed to buy a house less than 75k USD in big cities?
[DOC]
It makes no difference what the property is valued at,but if it's under $US75,000 then you'll get an RP of 'touristic 'status.
At present Zafer Mahallesi in Denizli district is closed to foreigners even if moving from another province within Turkiye.

sunn

Turkish residency
Thanks REDDERS. Your explanation is very clear and it is so nice to mention about the area in Denizli.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom